Tamriel's real world equivalents (your opinion)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
It's interesting the different ways people are perceiving the Khajiit. I've always perceived them to be comparable to gypsies which in my mind makes them Romanian.

Also, some of the...ignorance on display here is kind of troubling.

ghostbitch

It's interesting the different ways people are perceiving the Khajiit. I've always perceived them to be comparable to gypsies which in my mind makes them Romanian.

Also, some of the...ignorance on display here is kind of troubling.
Same here especially since they are supposed to be travelers who trade which is what the gypsies were mostly famous for.

Xarnac

Elsweyr is like India-Pakistan/Khajiit are "influenced" by Indians-Pakistani. Among other influences of course.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Bretons seem logically French people from the area called Brittany, who, led by William, conquered Britain in 1066. Although the Britons, the Celtic race living in Britain, moved into Europe in the 5th century and developed settlements in what became to be known as Brittany. I blame the Romans for providing such good roads.

Xarnac

Only some Bretons take "French" names. And other than names, there's nothing really that French about them.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Imperials= Romans... Yes
Bretons= French... Yes
Nords= Vikings... Yes
Redguards= Africans... Yes
Khajiits= Arabs... Yes
Argonians= Native Americans (possibly Aztecs)... Yes
Altmer= British... Are you kidding??? Try Feudal Japan without the feuds
Dunmer= Jewish... No, pre-Roman Britain
Bosmer= No, Irish folklore perhaps
Orcs= Mongolians... No, Anglo-Saxon
Thalmor= The Third Reich... Yes

OvoidAxhead

When a regular axe just won't cut it.
The Dwemer are a mix of Egyptian (giant head motifs and golden armor) and Aztec (architecture). In addition, Keening, a Dwemer artifact, has a heavy Aztec influence to its design.

Koroda

I wouldn't say any of the races are equivalents of real world ethnicities, but I would say that humans are analog to real world peoples. Nords (Norse, Vikings), Imperials (Ancient Romans), Bretons (Celtic, British, think Merlin) and Redguards (Northern Africans with some Middle eastern cultural similarities).

When you said Bretons are Celtic or British, it came to my mind that Breton is French. In facts, Breton is a real race in France. They are natives to the Brittany Coast in France. Their language, Breton is a Celtic language, however. Here is more about the Brittany Coast: Brittany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
I honestly think that the Nords are a mix of Anglo-Saxon and Norse belief.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Only difference...the Dunmer didn't become bankers who stole the money from the locals out of greed, also Dunmer (unlike Jews) don't think their race is superior to all other races.

fluff you.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
Funny, a Jew isn't a race, so before you bash them, get your facts straight

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
When you said Bretons are Celtic or British, it came to my mind that Breton is French. In facts, Breton is a real race in France. They are natives to the Brittany Coast in France. Their language, Breton is a Celtic language, however. Here is more about the Brittany Coast: Brittany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I would say that most Bretons seem to be French in regards to their names at least. But the Forsworn have alot of Insular Celtic names as opposed to the regular Bretons who have names that are more similar to modern French

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Guys, check the timestamps; this thread got necromanced. The anti-Semite hasn't logged on since March. Don't waste your time or energy getting upset.

In fact, maybe a mod can come clean this thread up because it's a valid discussion topic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts