Tamriel's real world equivalents (your opinion)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hally92

The thing is you have to remember no one said the skyrim races are based on real races, I think its more like certain groups of peoples, at the end of the day anything we say/think is just speculation only Bethesda know who or what they're races are based on, so no one can say whether someone is wrong or right in their opinion when we dont know 100% ourselves.

Warrior107

The Bretons aren't British or English, British aren't a race they are a union of English, welsh, Irish and Scottish the Bretons are French. They are based on the real life Bretons (not to be confused with Britons). Bretons are from Brittany in northern France they were celts who came originally from what is now England, as all celts were pushed out of England by the Anglo saxons into ireland , Wales and northernmost France. The English descended from the Anglo Saxons who came from areas that are now in Germany. And the altmer in my opinion are more like Nazi Germany as in they believe they are superior to all races and think they should rule all. The Nord's I agree are clearly Scandinavian, Orcs are Mongolian, Imperials are obviously roman possibly slightly British in the fact that the empire was at its peak the biggest empire in history. Redguards I'd say the moors, woodelfs I'm unsure cause I think part of they're religion involves cannibalism so native american would be out of it maybe tribes of haiti?, khajiit Arabian maybe, argonians possibly certain parts of Africa with the tropical swamps and in part because they are downtrodden and were once seen as slaves and dark elves im not really sure.

British consists of English, Scottish and Welsh. Irish people are not British.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The Bretons aren't British or English, British aren't a race they are a union of English, welsh, Irish and Scottish the Bretons are French. They are based on the real life Bretons (not to be confused with Britons). Bretons are from Brittany in northern France they were celts who came originally from what is now England, as all celts were pushed out of England by the Anglo saxons into ireland , Wales and northernmost France. The English descended from the Anglo Saxons who came from areas that are now in Germany. And the altmer in my opinion are more like Nazi Germany as in they believe they are superior to all races and think they should rule all. The Nord's I agree are clearly Scandinavian, Orcs are Mongolian, Imperials are obviously roman possibly slightly British in the fact that the empire was at its peak the biggest empire in history. Redguards I'd say the moors, woodelfs I'm unsure cause I think part of they're religion involves cannibalism so native american would be out of it maybe tribes of haiti?, khajiit Arabian maybe, argonians possibly certain parts of Africa with the tropical swamps and in part because they are downtrodden and were once seen as slaves and dark elves im not really sure.

British consists of English, Scottish and Welsh. Irish people are not British.
Unless, of course they live in that tiny little fraction of the island in the far northeast. The British still own that don't they? You'd think they would have given it back by now, or at least given it to China (i.e. Singapore, Hong Kong...) - sorry, I know that's wrong, I just couldn't resist. BTW, don't tell a welshman or a scotsman that he's British or you're gonna get hit. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts