• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
I definitely recommend training Smithing. Just got mine to 100. Only took around 30 minutes, if you go to Whiterun Warmaidens and keep buying Iron Ingots and the Leather Straps or whatever they are called, make iron daggers and it goes up pretty quick.

Just made myself a daedric bow, now I'm going to complete this quest http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shrine_of_Mehrunes_Dagon so that I can get more daedric hearts easily & create lots of daedric armour :p

(I would create dragon armour but I need to level up to buy the perk first)

So yeah, train smithing for epic awesomeness!

zeva

Meanwhile in Skyrim...
Good advice, ima put it to work

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
Going to give this a go. Daedric Hearts wise, I found a few when fighting the Forsworn in the reach,. The Forsworn boss of each camp they have will have one on them or in there chest.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Those are Briarhearts, not daedric hearts. I've only found a couple daedric from evil alchemists, but yeah the quest to get Mehrunes Razor nets you 4 or 5.

EDIT: Also an interesting side note; you can pickpocket the briarhearts from the forsworn Briarhearts and it instantly kills them... :)

Stone

Retired Moderator
Good advice, ima put it to work
Good luck. :D

Going to give this a go. Daedric Hearts wise, I found a few when fighting the Forsworn in the reach,. The Forsworn boss of each camp they have will have one on them or in there chest.
Have fun :p - Yeah the Forsworn sometimes drop them. But apparently they respawn in Mehrune Dagon's statue lair thingy, which you can see is in the quest (of which I posted a link to ^).

Those are Briarhearts, not daedric hearts. I've only found a couple daedric from evil alchemists, but yeah the quest to get Mehrunes Razor nets you 4 or 5.

EDIT: Also an interesting side note; you can pickpocket the briarhearts from the forsworn Briarhearts and it instantly kills them... :)

I'm 99.9% sure there actually Daedra Hearts. I think Briarhearts are for something else. But ooh, thanks for telling me that I didn't know. :]

Kasha

Ya i cant wait to get a higher level of smithing, i wanna make ebony armor. I wanna mine the ore, smelt it, and smith it. i wanna feel as if its my own :), i hope you can make houses in the next one

Stone

Retired Moderator
Ya i cant wait to get a higher level of smithing, i wanna make ebony armor. I wanna mine the ore, smelt it, and smith it. i wanna feel as if its my own :), i hope you can make houses in the next one
Follow the short guide I put and you can make some ebony hopefully in the next 1-2 hours. :D

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
yup i also have level 100 smiting and did it the same exact way.

Kasha

Follow the short guide I put and you can make some ebony hopefully in the next 1-2 hours. :D
I did some iron dagger making last night, but im at work for the next 11 hours :sadface:

Kasha

Im at 30 right now

L3ftyrighty

Question though, doesn't power-leveling your smiting (early lvls) only put you ad a disadvantage? Since you have little or no combat perks. PERHAPS answering my own question, and looking stupid. But would it be better to power lvl smiting in the teens plus levels, given that it takes more to gain a character level.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Question though, doesn't power-leveling your smiting (early lvls) only put you ad a disadvantage? Since you have little or no combat perks. PERHAPS answering my own question, and looking stupid. But would it be better to power lvl smiting in the teens plus levels, given that it takes more to gain a character level.
Yeah, it does. But I realised that before I power-leveled it and so already had loads of perks'n'stuff. :)

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
I've got up to level 80 today. Cannot wait for my Dragon Armour.

MoeIsBetter

Definitely going to try this when I get home tomorrow! I'm so SICK of the armor I've been wearing... I even seem to find more at random shops or from people I've killed along the way, but the one I've had has been better thus far than those. Time to change it up and try something new. You said 1-2 hours...at this point I don't care if it takes 6!

Stone

Retired Moderator
I've got up to level 80 today. Cannot wait for my Dragon Armour.
Congratulations. :p
Apparently though, daedric armour is ment to be better than dragon armour. It's just that daedric armour is harder to make because you have to get the hearts. Dragon armour is a tiny bit worse but is 20% lighter.

Definitely going to try this when I get home tomorrow! I'm so SICK of the armor I've been wearing... I even seem to find more at random shops or from people I've killed along the way, but the one I've had has been better thus far than those. Time to change it up and try something new. You said 1-2 hours...at this point I don't care if it takes 6!
Awesomeee, and yes, It won't take any longer than 2 hours.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
Apparently though, daedric armour is ment to be better than dragon armour. It's just that daedric armour is harder to make because you have to get the hearts. Dragon armour is a tiny bit worse but is 20% lighter.
yup its a fairly good trade off since the dragon armor isnt that much weaker.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts