Skyrim Online Multiplayer Mod

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member

You may download the mod here, although it is currently an early-alpha version. It doesn’t look spectacular just yet as the mod currently seems to have a large number of bugs and glitches, but it seems to have great potential. The other players currently will appear nude and will have no animation. Some will even float in the air! The mod contains a chat window and a friends list.

This was all done without the Skyrim Creation Kit which is due in at January. Imagine what can be done after the kit is released!

Read more at our blog post here.

Ks17

This could have massive potential, would be awesome to get some multiplayer going! Well done!

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
hahaha look at the people move xD

But I'd have to get skyrim on the pc if this becomes perfect.

Flamingtaco

The only way I can see this ever becoming anything spectacular is if it attracts Bethesdas attention and they work off that

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I think it's a great idea, but in theory only. It breaks a lot of rules around the story of the game, and unless there is a lot of rules in place on who can play with who then it's going to be insane if a level 5 person comes in on a level 40 person's game. I guess I shouldn't be entirely pessimistic, but I just don't think a game like this should be multiplayer. Is it just me?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I agree, Finalchrono. At first I thought it would make a great online multiplayer, if server/party groups were kept between 5-10 players. But, the longer I played, the more I came to appreciate the immersion offered by the game. I have a hard time getting into games I can't feel at least partially immersed in. A big reason why I could never get into games like World of Warcraft: I'd be setting up my character to quest, and follow the story line, and run into half naked players tea-bagging each other at every turn. Really ruined the game experience for me, and one thing I fear for if Skyrim goes multiplayer. I just don't think I'd be as captivated by the story and the landscape if there were camps of half naked Khajiit cybering in leet speak dotting the hills. Not to mention, it really kind of violates a lot of the plotline to have multiple heroes.

If the idea pushes ahead, my vote would be for low-occupancy servers. Or maybe the option for players to host created, or private servers. 5-10 players at maximum, making questing in small parties possible without having the game feel over crowded. I mean, can you imagine 40 players gathered around spamming 'Unrelenting Force', over and over? Forget immersion failure, you're talking complete server crash then.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I think the best implementation of multiplayer would be if the scenario where a friend comes in and replaces your companion (or perhaps joins your party), he has no central part and no special dragonborn abilities but he can help you fight and heal you. Even that would be a cool aspect.

heimdall

as this is only alpha its bound to have big flaws but what about overcrowding and the story-lines in game,
will the story-lines be specifically for the host and what will the cap be on how many players can join per world.

zanza

Really I dont get why you guys think this is a bad idea - if you want to play the story - just play solo - but if you want to have some fun with your mates its a great idea. I mean seriously who would play the story line if you could try to sneak up on giants with your mates and steal cheese from them, naked.

I think its a great idea and I am looking forward to it.

Panthera

Don Gato
I think it's a great idea, but in theory only. It breaks a lot of rules around the story of the game, and unless there is a lot of rules in place on who can play with who then it's going to be insane if a level 5 person comes in on a level 40 person's game. I guess I shouldn't be entirely pessimistic, but I just don't think a game like this should be multiplayer. Is it just me?
I agree!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Yes, remove the quests and just leave the gameworld with lots of extra spawns of random baddies, monsters and dragons.

Have limited number of players join into co-op games to form teams and go raiding. That should be the simplest option to code and lots of fun, especially when dragon riding is sorted out.

Ritoaniajin

First of all why do most of you assume that when it is said multiplayer it has to be mass multiplayer like WOW, lineage or others... I would love to play this game via LAN with at lest 1 or 2 of my friends. It would be really awesome to be able to group up and do quests together. This game is definitely not a MMP but for up to 4 players would be spectacular.