Skyrim ON PC AND Why You Should Get IT!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NiteMare

Presto Change'O !!
Always better off just building it.

Never even looked inside a computer before I put mine together, so it can be done with almost no prior experience, and you can make it better for less money.

I remember seeing a computer that had extremely similar specs to mine, but priced somewhere between $1000-1200, but my computer only cost me about $700-$800.
Building is always the better option., But most people can't really afford a separate computer for gaming and Usual everyday things... So to build one they have to sacrifice a lot of features they would use for the usual things... but If they were to add them in they would take away from the performance of the gaming aspect. I bought my Samsung Intel Core i7-3635QMC PU @ 2.40Ghz 8gb 750gb HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M. I have Guild wars 1-2 minecraft, League of legends, and Skyrim, WoW on this PC and it runs all of them all on the Highest settings Perfectly fine.. no lag problems. This is also a High medium-End Market value PC.. $849.99. I can also perform my everyday usual stuff. Including my college work :D

Sean

lost somewhere
Building is always the better option., But most people can't really afford a separate computer for gaming and Usual everyday things... So to build one they have to sacrifice a lot of features they would use for the usual things... but If they were to add them in they would take away from the performance of the gaming aspect. I bought my Samsung Intel Core i7-3635QMC PU @ 2.40Ghz 8gb 750gb HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M. I have Guild wars 1-2 minecraft, League of legends, and Skyrim, WoW on this PC and it runs all of them all on the Highest settings Perfectly fine.. no lag problems. This is also a High medium-End Market value PC.. $849.99. I can also perform my everyday usual stuff. Including my college work :D

My computer is meant for both as well, didn't spend too much either.
Quad core i5-3540 and AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Also, just having something that I put together actually work really well is always a nice feeling, lol.

Daucus

I had always wanted to build my first pc. I had a laptop and a ps3. I bought Skyrim for the ps3 on release day. All it took was a month of playing skyrim and I started piecing a computer together on Newegg and purchased. I've just recently sold my ps3, due to the lack of activity it was getting due to the pc has become my entertainment device with a bluray drive.

I doubt I will ever go back to console gaming.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I think even if i played Skyrim on the PC I wouldn't use mods because it would just ruin the experience for me. I'd feel like I wouldn't be playing the real Skyrim anymore.

Daucus

Load times are so much better on pc. Most of my mods are texture base, to make the environment in more detail. I do have a few improve game play mods but nothing major. For example one mod to block fast travel, forcing me to travel and explore.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Load times are so much better on pc. Most of my mods are texture base, to make the environment in more detail. I do have a few improve game play mods but nothing major. For example one mod to block fast travel, forcing me to travel and explore.

I wouldn't doubt that about the loading times haha My ancient 360 could barely process a picture of a smiley face lol. I guess the Fast travel one would be alright, but I already do that haha the Carriages are enough fast travel for me and that's for like a riften to Solitude hike haha otherwise i'm on foot. Don't get me wrong I won't bash on someone for using mods, but I would never.

Sean

lost somewhere
I think even if i played Skyrim on the PC I wouldn't use mods because it would just ruin the experience for me. I'd feel like I wouldn't be playing the real Skyrim anymore.

That's why you get lore based mods.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic

Sean

lost somewhere
Or just don't use them in the first place.

Nah, I can't do that.

I have bug fixes (all Unofficial patches), static mesh fixes, higher res textures, vampire and werewolf overhauls (more kinds of werewolves to encounter, vampire progression that actually gives a reason to feet), needing to eat/drink/sleep to survive, have to watch out for the cold, immersive armors, Jaysus Weapons, and I am not even at the point to play the game yet, lol.

I am also using my old Xbox save, so I still have everything that I did before.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Nah, I can't do that.

I have bug fixes (all Unofficial patches), static mesh fixes, higher res textures, vampire and werewolf overhauls (more kinds of werewolves to encounter, vampire progression that actually gives a reason to feet), needing to eat/drink/sleep to survive, have to watch out for the cold, immersive armors, Jaysus Weapons, and I am not even at the point to play the game yet, lol.

I am also using my old Xbox save, so I still have everything that I did before.
Well you have fun with that, i'll have fun my way.

Sean

lost somewhere
Well you have fun with that, i'll have fun my way.
Alright then.

Either way, I would say to get the bug fixes though if you were on PC, as they are very comprehensive, and fix a lot of the problems that Bethesda never bothered with.
They make for a far more stable game.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Only mods I'd care about are LAL, texture stuff, racey stuff, weapon stuff, vampire feeding stuff, and other stuff.

HenkZ

I used to be a PC gamer, just like some of you in here, but it got too complicated after a while. Update failures, hardware issues, driver updates, updates that didn't work and the list of issues growing like a pile of mudcrabs. That's the downside of PC, for me that is, and that's why I prefer to play on consoles. But that doesn't mean I dislike PC's. Someday I will buy a gamerspecific PC again and the first game I will install is Skyrim. :)

Sean

lost somewhere
I used to be a PC gamer, just like some of you in here, but it got too complicated after a while. Update failures, hardware issues, driver updates, updates that didn't work and the list of issues growing like a pile of mudcrabs. That's the downside of PC, for me that is, and that's why I prefer to play on consoles. But that doesn't mean I dislike PC's. Someday I will buy a gamerspecific PC again and the first game I will install is Skyrim. :)

Never had any of those issues with Skyrim, but then again, I'm a pirate, lol.

Nighthiker77

I'm running skyrim just fine on a $600 hp laptop on highish settings and around 120 mods. I started on the one under ultra, increased the rendering distance, and lowered a few other things that didn't seem to matter. It will lag if I have like 25 explorer windows open, but if I run it by itself, it runs great.

It only took me a few days to get used to it after about 6 months on ps3. I played a lot of Diablo 1&2 years ago but hadn't really played anything for nearly a decade.

WARNING---OFF TOPIC AHEAD!! :)

I was reading this and kept seeing 1TB this and 8GB that and Video card over here and thought back to myfirst computer.

Mac Plus... 1MB RAM, 40 MB harddrive, 7 inch B/W screen, entire OS 6.7 fit on one floppy disc.

damn i'm old.

*goes to corner and cries*

ah3nos

WARNING---OFF TOPIC AHEAD!! :)

I was reading this and kept seeing 1TB this and 8GB that and Video card over here and thought back to myfirst computer.

Mac Plus... 1MB RAM, 40 MB harddrive, 7 inch B/W screen, entire OS 6.7 fit on one floppy disc.

damn i'm old.

*goes to corner and cries*

Wow! You had 1M of ram? My first computer was a trs-80 with a cassette tape and a 64k ram pack. It connected to the TV for a monitor. No graphics whatsoever.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Hey now don't get too off topic! Remember this is about Skyrim on PC and why you should get it... You know.. For the Mods and such... Lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts