PC Skyrim creators should be Blackballed from making games

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
The fact that he quoted urban dictionary and attempted to validate his thread/posts with that only further prove this as a troll. Let this thread die. If you want to share your opinion about this game, or any other game for that matter, try doing it in a manner that isn't inflammatory. Honestly, I don't care that you don't like it. If you had good reasons, I would have a discussion about it. You don't, and you're a douche. I'm done here.
*slow clap* I too have been waiting for this thread to stop popping up in my alerts.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Gotta unwatch it sir; the link is just above the top post of whatever page of the thread you're on. :D (I unwatched it a while ago; and seemed like it was gone, but with its recent uprising I had to put my 2c in one last time... haha.)

wheato

Premium Member
I agree with you that armor and weapons not having a limit on how much damage they can take is a bad thing in terms of realism. I don't agree with you though when you say this not being in Skyrim makes the game "just another regular game" . There's plenty about Skyrim that sets it apart and makes it a great RPG game.

Joshua

They really messed up Skyrim. They departed from traditional Elder Scrolls lore and changed it like in how the Dark brotherhood did things. As listener My job is to get the contractrs from The Night Mother and deliver them to the members who will do the job. At least thats what Oblivion taught us. in skyrim, as listener, you still acted like a Pee-On member doing the jobs and had no perks. They don't give you any perks or reasons to visit the guilds after you do all the main quests.. at least in Oblivion you could be in charge, take part in the money making. In Skyrim you do not have to do all sub quesats for each guild like you did in Oblivion before finishing the quest line.. this sucks cus you miss so much without even realising it.

The forts were Much bigger and better in Oblivion.. with twisty passages you could get lost in.. not in skyrim, they were made for 8 year olds. Horses were way better in Oblivion, they looked and moved more realistic than Skyrim.Not to mention the fact you cannot ride in first person what a stupid move that was on the devs part. No realism at all. The horses move like cartoon characters.

I could go on and on but i'm sure some folks will like to add their angst to the list.
Skyrim is a waterdown lack luster Elder Scrolls game that does not fill the Morrowind/ Oblivion roots it came from. I thought the idea was to improve the series.. I guess the developers lost sight of that.

I hope the Modding community can fix everything that is wrong with this game but they sure have their work cut out for them.

I'm currently level 36 and have been almost everywhere on the map. I'm super bored with this game unlike Morrowind and Oblivion wich i played for months before i got to the end. I have been playing Skyrim less than a week. The quests are way too few and way too easy with little or no thought given to making the quest challenging where you have to use your brain. perhaps things will get batter but I doubt it. Shame on Skyrim devs for making this long awaited game such watered down drivel.

Shut up, and play your game.

Flamingtaco

Seems you people don't want to hear, examine others valid opinions, you want cookie cutter opinions that are just like yours. That's what i'm getting from this group. Sad really. For the record, my views are exactly the type of thing Bethesda wants to hear. They ask for this feedback. They cant improve the game if everyone finds no fault with it. They hear Great game, perfect and shrug. That gets them nowhere. Your tone implies the company would give my opinion the boot just because I have something negative to say. How silly to think that. They know tons of people will find fault with the game and that it's not perfect for everyone.
I dont think anyone here would say that skyrim is perfect. What Bethesda wants to hear is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. All you have said is that the game sucks in every way and that they should not develop the next title. If they see that then they will probably mark you as a troll and ignore what you said because it gets them nowhere just as we did. Its true that calling the game flawless wont help them as much as pointing at the issues that need to be fixed, but like I said, criticizing all their work and saying that they shouldnt even make the next game is even less helpful.

Rena

Huh...well I can see where he's going with some things...kind of. But like JerseyTheJester said, there are reasons for those things. Elder Scrolls always makes the next int the series better than the last. And Bethesda is one of the best out there so I definitely wouldn't keep them from making games. No Fallout 3? How could I live in such a world?

Towls

Ya, Rena Fallout 3 is where i began with Bethesda, Simply was amazing... Then came Oblivion and Morrowind. SKKKYRRIIIM is better then oblivion, no questions asked. in my opinion of course.

Ares

You're only a week in and you think that the quests are few far and in between? I've got a fricken quest list a mile long in my Misc quests and like ten on my regular quests.

Towls

I've got a fricken quest list a mile long in my Misc quests and like ten on my regular quests.

Ya the quests are generated so theres no end. which is awsome because you can stop when you want to and not have and end quest be the end of the game... :)

Rena

I agree. Once I got overwhelmed and counted my quests. 38 not including misc. I think maybe the problem is that Dark Phoenix isn't talking to people. Practically everybody's got something they need done. It's not always going to be important but its something to do and you always get something out of it

Dark Phoenox

Inflamatory..??? Pee-on.. I was refering to how the character was treated by NPC's in game. Made for an 8 year oild was my opinion of the very scaled down forts as compared to Oblivion. Watered down was my thoughts of the game over all as compared to Eder Scrolls games in the past - notice people.. I was not negative or hateful toward you all those were only my descriptions OF THE GAME.

So.. you guys take offence to that? Wow.. and you claim to have good reading comprehension. Yes, that was a jab but after all this I believe a well deserved jab. I'm getting tired of your bullying. You all are accusing me of things I did not do, simply because you fail to understand what I wrote and the spirit in which it was written.

You people are acting the troll in my thread. (not all but some)I didn't invite you to reply to my thread

So.. what approved words/phases/adjectives are there to use on this forum? You guys don't like any of mine, I assume you must have a Politically Correct list someplace. Honestly people.Stop childishly attacking me and trolling in my thread. If you don't like what I wrote, you don't have to reply.

wheato

Premium Member
My suggestion is to ignore anything that you see as bullying, and just try to continue your discussion without being drawn into a flame war. Listen to the people who are willing to discuss your issues with the game, and ignore the people who aren't.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Well. You complain that the game is not like Oblivion or Morrowind.
Have you noticed that it has gone like 200 years since Oblivion Crisis?
I wasn't expecting the game to be like Oblivion or Morrowind and I have to say that Oblivion does not look like Morrowind at all. My opinion is that you are comparing 1 game (skyrim) to 2 other games that are totally unlike. I can't se the logic in that. And you talk about the Horses are better in Oblivion? Do we have to take up a picture of how the "Oblivion" horses Moved and JUMPED? That I call unrealistic.
But I just really fell sorry for you because you don't adore Skyrim as the rest of the 99.8% people playing it.

Dark Phoenox

If you are looking for some decent discussion, I wouldn't use words and phrases 'pee-on', 'made for 8 year olds' and 'watered down'. It does come off as troll if you read it again. There should be some examples and evidences to show that your opinion has some validity in it. Your post accuse of Skyrim being worse than oblivion and morrowind while you never give any real comparison. People are not really happy with your post, not because you said something negative about the game (well, some of them maybe) but because it comes off as an insult. We have plenty of threads that discusses about disappoints and bad feature in the game. Perhaps you could go there and contribute if you want to prove yourself that you're not a typical troll.

I'm not taking the game way to seriously. Sometimes the devs design the game to be super realistic. I like that. I simply found in that area Oblivion and Morrowind did a better job than Skyrim, and I miss that.

I do not have to prove i'm not a troll to anyone. I stand by my post, I know who's trolling in my thread and it's not me. I don't care if you folks take offense to my harsh language of the game. Those are my valid opinions. If some folks are too sensitive for such mild negative language that are my own opinions, they do not have to reply to my thread.

Dark Phoenox

[Dark Brotherhood spoiler!!]

1) i dont understand your first argument here. As listener you act like a peon member in skyrim, okay so peon members are entrusted in killing the Emperor? Thats flawless logic man. I will say the actual missions in oblivion were more fun (the option contracts were sick) but the skyrim DB story was way better.

2) you get random contracts that you can keep doing. in oblivion all you did was go to a shrine then go to the sanctuary and get some gold... your arguments make no sense.

Sure you have the Night Mother quests that never end, but as Listener in Skyrim unlike Oblivion you did not do the job of Listener. Nazir did that job instead, always telling you The Listener what jobs to do. This was backward of how it played out in Oblivion. Once you were The Listener, you actually got to take the contracts from The Night Mother and pass them to othgers. After all main dark brotherhood quests were done, you got to still take part in the spoils, as with every other guild. They aren't doing that in Skyrim. There is no incentive to return to any of the guilds after all main quests are done. I think this was a bad decision of the devs. I know they left all these goody extras out because the console platform could not handle as much stuff as the PC platform. Rather, that is my belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts