• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Welcome, members of the Thieves Guild. Your first job is the assassination of a Tsaesci dictator. He is currently on an island just north of Winterhold. The Dark Brotherhood are also believed to be after him. You must kill him before they do. There are two things you must do before you will even have a chance at penetrating his defences. You must steal the key to the Tsaesci colonies gates. The only person who is not currently living there who owns a copy is a Ka Po Tun, a Tiger Dragon, stopped at Riften. In four days he will leave for Cyrodill. You must move quickly. The other thing that needs to be done is to eliminate the guard that the Emperor is sending to guard him, as he is a foreign dignitary. They will be passing through Stormcloak territory, so you may have your job cut out for you. After that, you will have to find a way to enter his chambers, one of the most heavily guarded buildings in Tamriel. He is chambered at the top of a 5 story tower in the middle of the colony they have established. Guards are arranged in circles, a circle of guard around the tower, another 20 feet away, all the way out to the edge of the colony. There is a five foot gap between every guard There are less of them on the rooftops. He rarely sleeps. We believe that, if you were to cast a firebolt spell, or shoot a flaming arrow, or simply put a torch up to a nearby silo the fire would spread to the tower, forcing him to evacuate. This should allow you to murder him. You do not have to follow these guidlines. They are just suggestions. Now get to it.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    There was a Argonian crouched in the dungeon, he curled his lips in a mockery of a smile. He looked down at the wound, he placed his hand against the wounded leg wondering if we was feeling the poison spread. No, Hides thought, just feels dead. He took out a vail of antidote and poored a little into the wound and placed it against the prisoners lips. Hides scrawled some notes of his observations. The chained imperial could barely look up to spit in the argonians face. "So Master Victus my hospitality isn't to your liking," Hides calming voice rang out. "Oblivion take you lizard," anouther wad of spit attempted to leave Mr. Victus' lips but it just rolled down his face. "All in good time I am interested in the flora, plants my friend, of that realm," The lizards smiled even bigger revealing ample razor teeth. "But business before pleasure. Tell me of this Tsaesci dictator."
    The imperial wouldn't break, Hides-Many-Knives thought, Confirmation of details would lay his worries to rest.
    "Well Master Victus since you won't help us thank your for voluteering to help my research." Hides turned to the pair of robed figures behind him, "Please put the bag back over his head." The figures soon moved to replace the bag, as Hides made his way out of the torture chamber.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    A redguard woman stood outside the gates of Falkreath talking with a graveyard-tending Aldmer. "Ha! Your students sound quite foolish. That was a nice dinner.", she said. "Quite!", replied the Aldmer. "Just one last thing...", said the Redguard as she placed her hand on the pommel of a sword, "Bye." She drew the sword and cut off the elders head in one fell swoop. She ran into the forest before anyone could see her kill. There was a note attached to the sentry point where she would sit and guard the Thieves Guild sanctuary. "Our plan has been set in motion.", it read, "Head to Riften and act as damage control in case anyone messes up, but avoid geting involved. We want that man alive and well. We wish to know more about Akavir, so whoever steals the key must restrain him and interrogate him as well. You don't do that." She set down the note and gathered her things. Then she jumped to the next tree, and the next, and then onto a rooftop. She ran across their and jumped to the next, until she got to the final house and jumped onto a golden-haired horse, one of the Hammerfell variety. "Come on, Treasure. We're off to Riften." She spurred the horse on just as the sun began to sink beneath the horizon.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides walked through the empty halls of the sanctuary. "Where is everybody?" he wondered outloud. "Everybody father?" a sweet sing song voice rang out. Hides turned to see a petite Bosmer woman approach him "Stilletto you are getting quite good at that aren't you." Stilletto seemed to lighten up at the praise. "Oh, Father you know the armor you took before you left the dark brotherhood helps." "I think you under estimate yourself. But I have a mission for you." Immediately a stern exspression took over her features "Yes master." "This job has so many aspects to it. It is to complex for me, by Sithis I think a listener would have trouble alone, anyway I need you to get Scalpel, Razor, and Cleaver. Here is thier locations. I will be waiting at the Bee and Barb." Hides handed his adopted daughter a peice of paper, and she soon ran through the tunnels. How she took towards her name, he thought, then again they all are similar to their codenames. God this place is empty, he thought as he exited the sanctuary, His black robe consealing his own dark brotherhood armor. Hides breathed deeply, he had been researching to much a job like this could be what he needed.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Finally, I'm at Riften.", said the Redguard. "I've always thought it should look gloomier, what with the other Thieves Guild stationed here. I have to remember to wipe them out some day." She jumped off of her horse and noticed a Khajiit caravan. "This one is glad to see you, friend! How has life been going for you, Selia?", said one of the Khajiit. "Eh, so so. We are after a Tsaesci dictator.", replied the Redguard. "Ah, how Khajiit wishes he was still a part of your organization. But, Dro'Marash owes his life to Ahkari.", said the Khajiit. "Well, I could use your help. Has an odd looking Khajiit entered the city accompanied by guards recently?", asked the assassin. "Yes, actually. He was flanked by an Argonian and two of what appeared to be Imga, but they all looked... Different.", answered Dro'Marash. "Good. They were Akavir. If any of them tries to leave the city, kill them. If it is the Khajiit, just restrain him.", said the Redguard. Dro'Marash then said, "But of course. Anything for you. I'll call on my one favor from Ahkari to keep the caravan here for a few more days.", said the Warrior. "Thank you, my friend.", finished Selia. Just as she approached the gate a guard said, "You must pay th-" The other guard managed to get a glimpse of the first guards head rolling across the ground before hers joined it. Selia sheathed her swords and snuck through the door with only one citizen noticing. He said, "Watch out for the Bl-", and then his head began rolling into the canal. She cast a spell of invisibility and a spell of muffle and walked through the market in broad daylight without anyone noticing her. She climbed up a wall and onto the roof of their base in Riften, Honeyside. She opened a trap door she had installed and silently slipped down. She noticed a female sleeping in a chair by the door. She snuck up on her ever so slowly and put her invisible dagger up to her throat and said, "I win again, Iona! You'd so be dead if I was your enemy!" She sheathed her dagger and laughed as the woman woke up. "Crap, you beat me again. Ugh. Hey, where are you?", said Iona. "Invisibility and muffle.", said Selia as she dispelled them. "That's cheating!", said the Imperial. "All's fair in love and war! Now we have to stand watch and act as damage control for t- I'm patronizing you, aren't I? A courier already arrived right?", said Selia. "Yep.", said Iona. "Well then, let's wait for the first person to arrive here.", finished Selia as she went downstairs to brew a simple poison.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides-Many-Knives finally arrived in Riften, he finally got some much needed sleep. He just wished the wagon didn't throw a wheel and delayed his journey. As the carrige pulled up to the stables he noticed a bunch of guards running around like chickens when he used to cut thier heads off. Then as he approached he saw the dried blood. Oh great, he thought, the boss is already here. "Dam I wished I hadn't tried interogating the target's courier," He said out loud. "What was that," A guard said. "Nothing. Wished I hadn't instigated a fight with a courier." "Oh, ok." Hides walked in and was immediately atracted to a small alchemy shop. It is no White Phial but I will make do.
    An hour later Hides had bought enough potions and ingrediants to kill most of the people in Riften and heal them back up. Ah the glories of traveling, he thought, though the burned out Dark Brotherhood sactuary he took over as his personal base was nice. Traveling proved to be his favorite home. The water, and the ships made him think back to his raising on a ship. But wait he noticed an Inn that his new employers said would be thier Riften home, Honeyside. Stilletto won't have the others for a few days. Might as well check in with some contacts. But not for to long lest a younger member take my prize. More guards and drying blood, he thought, hope the boss isn't in after all I'm only as good as my preparation.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia was practicing cutting the heads off of some well armored mannequins downstairs while her potion continued cooking. She heard a knock at the door and snuck past the sleeping Iona to the door. She opened it and said, "Hides, you're late. Eh, you're still the first one here. You're job will be to find the way into the man's room. He's in a special room above Mistveil Keep."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides walked in his wishes of not running into his boss where not reallized as he walked into the room. What every man wants to see, Hides thought, Their psycho for a boss cutting heads off of vaguelly human objects. He was happy that the sleeping woman wasn't dead. "Breaking and entering, not my usually business but I have a plan," Hides said, taking out an iron dagger and rolling it like a coin between his fingers. "Interesting, you said above so likely a simple stair to access the room. I think I have a way though since we are the only agents in Riften right now I am afraid I will need one favor." He said producing small bottles,"I need this in his food.
    one per dish or meal. Give it spacingly so that it develops like he has a sickness. Order is unimportant." Hides sniffed the air, "Ah that smells dellicious. Pray do tell me what it is when it is done. I have to go to the Keep. I feel they will need a court doctor sooner than later." A small curl of his lips to show real pleasure.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Of course, Hides. And I can tell from your face that you weren't exactly pleased to see me. I can make that look permanent if you'd like...", said Selia, placing her hand on her sword.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides stopped at the doorway and looked at his boss, his teeth shining through stretched lips. "Don't worry boss lady. That look won't be the last thing you see." He bent his wrist so that the knife he had hidden up his left sleave was loose and ready. Hides turned and started walking out into the street, "Born on a ship I learned you need a real reason to mutiny before you do it." Hides closed the door and walked a little faster than normal towards the keep.
    "Dam that woman," Hides said,"I mean who can even read an argonian's exspressions unless he exaggerates them." As Hide approached the keep he started limping. "Stop! who goes there?" said the guard. "I am called Dee-Jamba," Hides replied as he bowed. "I was wondering if I could speak to the Thane. I am a healer." The guard looked Hides' robes over " "Get in. The Thane will be happy to have you."
    Hides smiled widely, even though it made him look like a greenish brown skinned demon, the Thane greeted him and asked him help her son. Good, Hides thought, now all I need is the boss to get the poison into the meals.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Ha. I love toying with tthat man...", said Selia as she finished her potion, "Better head over to the keep. That cook still owes me a favor..." She walked back upstairs and saw Iona still working on the new poison in the cooking pot. "That foolish Hides would've eaten that... Ha.", thought Selia. She drank a potion that would turn her ethereal, like a ghost, and walked towards the keep, rattling some chains and scaring the natives. A guard shot at her, but she deftly deflected the arrow with her sword, making it look like it flew off of her skin. She continued towards the Jarls palace. She casted a spell of invisibility at the door so that it would look like she disappeared and everyone inside would be drawn out there. She slipped in the back door and stabbed the Stormcloak general for no apparent reason. She walked into the kitchen and noticed a chef preparing a special Akiviri dish for their guest. "Samuel! I need to call on that favor.", said Selia. "Selia! I didn't see you there! What do you need?", asked the Breton as Selia dispelled invisibility. "Here. Slip this into the Akiviri guys meal every few days. We need him nice and sick...", said Selia, tossing him the poison. She left just as quickly as she entered, returning to Honeyside.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides awoke in the middle of the night to the sounds of alarms and whispers of an angry ghost. For her insanity, Hides had to admit Selia's efficiency was admirable. Hides thoughts strayed to the poison she was brewing. She might not know but I was raised by an alchemist, Hides thought. The idea he might have a leg up if she decided he wasn't useful any more. The Thane's son had a simple fever, and soon Hides had the young boy running arround as healthy as ever. A smile developed as he noticed the guest of honor, Ka Po Tun, showing the symtoms of his poison. Thank the divines, he thought, I had to cobble something together and hope it was toxic to our akiviri friend. Hides went to bed, ready to get this mission moving.
    The next day Ka Po Tun was shaking and throwing up. Looks like someone won't be heading to Cyrodil soon, Hides was growing giddy, but first he had to contact his men. He found the Thane's son, "Hello how are you child?" "Wonderful, Sir." "Mind helping me out?" "Sure." "Head to The Bee and Barb, and give this note to a Wood Elf woman in the company of a scarred nord, a robed High Elf and a steel-clad Imperial. Remeber don't tell anyone." "Sure, Sir I can be quiet." Hides gave him twenty septims, it was steep but he liked the boy and needed discression.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Ha, you should've seen the look on old Sammies face! It was jsut beatiful!", said Selia. "Dro'Marash agrees that it was likely hilarious.", said an armored Khajiit. "Oh, I see that Hides daughter and some other associates are here. I always prefered going solo, but if it gets the job done...", said Selia. Samuel the cook walked in soon afterward, followed by the Jarls son. The boy walked over to Stiletto and friends, while Samuel joined Dro'Marash and Selia. "Hello, Sammy! We were just talking about you!", said Selia just as Stiletto noticed them. The boy began talking to the petite Wood Elf and handed her a note. She muttered something back to him and he left with a goofy smile on his face. "Why are you giving the tiger of Kamal a simple poison to make him sick? Aren't you going to kill him?", said the old Breton. "Not this time, unfortuneatly. I'm going to see if we can join Stiletto. I'm sure she still remembers her uncle Dro'Marash!", replied the Redguard as she approached the other table, flanked by Samuel and the Khajiit. "Hey there, Stiletto! Who's up for a round of drinks and some dinner, on me?", said Selia, smiling as she winked at the Imperial in a flirty manner.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides shook his head disbelieving what the Thane's son had said. That his daughter had been greeted by a redguard woman. Dammit I should have know, he thought, You can't hide in the shadows forever for the shadows find you. Wait a second the boy mentioned a khajiit. Dro' Marash, Hides cursed remembering how convient thier first meeting was, oddly convient. Now they truely own me and my Knives, as they jokingly called his associates and assistants. Hides shrugged, Looks like I have to be irreplacable, Stilletto won't lose anymore familly.
    Back to business, he turned back to the bed where he was alone with his newest patient. The Tiger of Kamal was even sicker than Hides had calculated he would be. "Master Ka Po Tun are you allergic to anything?" "Nirnroot," came the weakest voice Hides had ever heard a living person use. Hides tried not to laugh, he hated nirnroot because it weakened his deadlier weapon poison. Hell he only used it because he wanted to clear his stores of that junk. "Do you know how you could have gotten in contact with it?" "No... But... often...delay... couple...days... later..." Wait, Hides thought, Couple days delay. He heard that he was competing with his old family, The Dark Brotherhood. This could be good as Hides formed his new plan. "I think someone want to kill you, Sir." "why..." "Shhh rest and take this." Hides started giving Ka Po Tun his best poison antidote, usually used for when an apprentice accidently scratches themselves when cleaning Hides' knives. "I am afraid I need to stay with you. We shall talk when it is safe. Call your men back."

"Guards, The healer will be coming with us," Ka Po Tun used all his energy for that statement and fell asleep.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    "Hehehe~HAHAHAH!!!", Jacoby couldn't help but laugh over the recent news, two years with his base of operations under Falkreath and he finally got news that amused him. "Runil drops dead and killer still at large? Why didn't I think of that sooner HAHAHA!!!" He slowly started calming down but continued his bantering inside his head. "I wonder what was going through his head before it began rolling on the floor, was it about the next meal he was going to have? Or perhaps what he had planned tomorrow. Oh the possibilities! I sure wonder what I could have sold off him~" Before he could continue, his protege and assistant, a young, Breton woman named Olyviah, walked in with an ominous letter in her hands.

"Boss, if you don't mind me interrupting, a letter came in for you. The Thieve's Guild. They require your assistance." The news confused Jacoby at first, he didn't know why they would want his help. He never played well with others, and all he's ever done for the Guild was help provide them with trinkets and a few bobbles. "I haven't read it myself, the courier said it's contents should only be known to you." She handed the shocked Dunmer the letter. He opened the letter, brushed the long white hair from his face to see, and cleared his throat. He said aloud, "TO JACOBY PNEULON, WE SEND THE FOLLO~" Olyviah immeditely cuts him off. "Boss, what did I just say? Your eyes only!" "Oh right, fine then, I didn't want you to know anyway." Jacoby gave her a sly grin as the unamused Breton just sighed. After minutes of reading it to himself, he looked back up at Olyviah with a serious look for once. "Olive, I'm putting you in charge of the market while I'm out... I know you may feel a bit lost without my leadership, but I'm sure you can carry out this task until I return." Olyviah, still with an annoyed look on her face, answered his request. "What are you talking about, Boss? I practically run this place everyday! You're always out playing vulture and hovering over graveyards all the time." Her tone then got lighter and more mellow, "Okay, I'll ask the guys to work twice as hard in the meantime. But for now, please don't hurt yourself out there, Jake. The Thieve's Guild provides quite the opportunity, but you're home is here with me and the rest of us running the market. Don't forget that." In reality, she knew he wasn't right in the head, but he was the only one who took her in with open arms, and didn't want to see him get hurt. Jacoby bid them farewell and returned to the surface. He hopped on his horse, Morgue (pretty self-explanatory), and rode off to Riften.

Arriving at Riften's stables, he passed the caravans and walked up to the guards, having to listen to their obvious demand. Jacoby didn't have time or money to spend, and tried to work his way around the burly guards. "Alright, allow me to get my coin purse, it's with my horse." The maniacal Dunmer then confronted the Khajiit caravanners with whom he was able to strike a deal with. He payed them a lower price to shout "Dragon! Dragon!" as he snuck past the unsuspecting guards. He passed them and was slowly approaching the gate. "Hehehe, idiotic moro-OOOF" As he was sneaking, a gigantic Nord in steel armor walked out, bumping into him. "Listen up, and listen good. The name's Maul, and if I were you, I'd remember it. 'Cause as long as you don't pay your tax, my name's all you'll remember when I bash your skull in." Jacoby sighed on the ground, this wasn't going to be easy.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "I truly like the man, Sammy. I just love toying with him!", said Selia as she tossed her dagger at a drawing of their target, Salhxi-Diestra. She grabbed another one and aimed carefully. "You are quite mad, Selia. I still can't tell if I'm your friend or a target you just keep around...", replied Samuel as he shook his head. Selia threw her hands in the air, flinging the dagger about an inch away from Iona, who grabbed it and threw it into a nearby bucket. "Oh, Sammy, you're like family to me! I could never kill you... Although, I did kill my parents and my brother, as well as my beloved pet skeever, Koko... Eh, whatever.", said Selia. "Well, I happened to have heard you say that to one of your targets. The family part, not the killing of yours.", said Samuel. "Ha ha ha ha ha! I like you. You are one of very few people I can call my friend. J'saga-Jo, Dro'Marash, Stiletto, Iona, Jacoby's assistant, Olyviah, and Estelon, that Imperial that's in Hides Knives. Oh, and the jester. Cicero, I believe. I can't believe he'd rather be with the Dark Brotherhood. It'd be a pity if I was ever forced to kill him. Oh, who am I kidding, I love killing! Haha!", said Selia as she stuck her fifth knife in the ceiling. A courier arrived. He said, "Jacoby has arrived. Maul appears to be trying to rough him up. Maul is the replacement for the Black-Briar guard you killed when you first arrived here, m'lady." "Well that's just great. I'll go see if he can take care of it or if he needs my assistance. Oh, I do so hope he brought Olyviah! Or at least Morgue. Treasure loves that horse!", said Selia while giggling. She slid between the couriers leg and sommersaulted up the stairs. She ran out the door and to the gates to see if she needed to decapitate another Black-Briar manservant.

Snoball

"Well? Get your ass up! It'll make that much easier for you to pay me, with your gold or with your life." Jacoby stood up slowly, dusting himself off. "Well, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot mister uuhh... Maul, was it? But you listen to me... I" But from a distance he saw a Redguard woman slowly approaching Maul, it was clear who she was... Selia, a fellow Thieve's Guild colleague. Jacoby had never been the best of friends with her (or most anyone for that matter) but he knew her and Olyviah were great friends, and he could take any opportunity available now to get this annoying meat-head off his case. Knowing she was quite the assassin herself, he decided to help provide the distraction needed for her to strike. "Alright Maul, I'll take my leave. Just know, this isn't quite the way to make friends in the future, buddy, hehehe." He turned around to help the other guards find the supposed "dragons". Maul simply stood his ground, watching the Dunmer sociopath take his leave.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia approached Maul and Jacoby, slowing down. She drew Blood-Bringer and walked towards the man. Jacoby exited the gates while looking at Selia. The thick Maul just watched him leave, not knowing that there was a master assassin sneaking up behind him. Suddenly, she decided to try and make friends with the man. "Hey, meat-head, could you point me towards the butcher?", asked Selia. "Huh? I don't have time to deal with you. Go away.", he replied. "Well that's rather rude. I think I'll just murder you on the spot! Oh, it appears I already have! Hahaha! I love this city and it's ignorant guards.", said the Redguard while stabbing the man. "Jacoby! Come on out! Don't be shy! Did you bring Olyviah? I'm certain you brought Morgue! Your job is to assist Hides in finding the Tiger of Kamals key! Are you up for it? Oh, I'm not letting you speak, am I? I'll pause!"

Snoball

He looked back to see Selia make quick work of the Black-Briar puppet. It took him a while top process all the rapid fire information the Redguard had been giving him, but he was eventually able to piece it together. But first, he couldn't control himself. "Hold that thought..." He quickly digged through Maul's pockets to find a hefty coin purse and a gold necklace. He was a vulture, and knew he couldn't help himself. He turned to Selia to respond. "Well, well, I've never been more happy to see anyone in my life. But no, I left Olive running the market back at Falkreath, that dainty business still needs some sort of leadership while I'm out. And Morgue, well he's excited as ever to assist in our... endeavor, hahahaha!" He calmed down to realize she had come from inside. "Wait a second, exactly how did you even get in... meh doesn't even matter. Can you show where in oblivion you managed entered this rat hole?"

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Wait, wait! I thought of a better job! You know the other Thieves Guild, the one underneath here? They've learned that the Tiger of Kamal is staying here, and we believe they could be preparing to rob him blind, which means taking the key! Therefore, we need you to orchestrate an attack against these mockeries of thieves. Don't worry about your fences, all of them, even Tonilia, are with us. You don't need to destroy them, though I would, you just need to discourage them. Can you do that? Your headquarters will be in a house known as Honeyside, along with Iona and I, unless you can find somehwere else. I do hope you make them suffer. I love suffering!", said Selia quite quickly, "And I entered through that door, my valuable ally! I'll show you to Honeyside. You can talk while we walk. I do believe I'm beginning to rhyme... I'm truly insane now! Haha!" She began walking through town at a brisk pace.