• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "I never said it'd be easy," Alex said as he stepped his way closer, "take your hand off your sword before you get yourself hurt." Alex was close enough for the greatsword to take his head clean off, if he didn't have vampiric speed. "Why would you transform to prove anything when you can't control it? You attack anyone here, I will kill you. They will kill you. But the offer of friendship is all too hard to pass up." Alex extended his hands, hope appearing in his eyes for the first time in a long time.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Nomad took his hand off his greatsword, and shook his hand.
    "I'm Nomad. I don't believe I got your name." He said, letting go of the hand and returning to cook the meat. He took off his sword and quiver and set them next to him.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Alex Mercer." Alex kneeled down beside Nomad as he cooked the meat. "You know of the vampire threat?" Alex asked. "This group is working on taking it down, and me and the other vampire here are going to help. We're vampires, but we aren't Volkihar vampires. Although we have had our affiliations. The group doesn't trust us, or trust me, but we are on the same side whether they believe it or not. How would you like to join us?"

Alex had hoped the others wouldn't exclude the newcomer, or lash out on Alex for making a decision. Just because he was making a decision didn't mean he was taking over, it was simple and small. But knowing how much they hated him they'd likely be very childish in what they hated him over.

Colonelscout312

"I would very much like to help in anyway that I could. But some nights would be a problem. If we could find a way around those, I'd be fine." He said. He took off a piece of meat and wrapped it in cloth. He set it down next to him and put the next piece on.
    "But, do any of you know how to stop it? Or get the sun back?" He asked, still sitting and cooking the meat.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Jokar took a moment to take in all he had said before responding. "Aye, born in Raven Rock, raised as well." Egil smiled as he saw the vampire's smile leave his face. Don't know what I did but I'm glad I did it. "Trained with the Redoran guard, started working as a mercenary on the island for a few years. Got tired of the ash wastes, so picked a job as a cargo ship guard, turns out the crew were all vampires, and that's where we're at now." He seems somewhat... sad. I wonder what it is... He couldn't help but feel that there was more to this vampire. Something he wasn't saying.

The two stood in silence, nothing but the wind blowing, sitting alone in each others thoughts. For some reason Egil began to feel remorse for the way he had treated this vampire. The way he conversated, the slight tone in his voice, it seemed to show some sign of relief, but relief for what? Perhaps this one is different... He slapped a hand on Jokar's shoulder. "Come, let's get inside. It's too cold to stand here in silence.

As they re-approached the fort they saw that the others were heading inside. Holding the door Egil spotted an unfamiliar figure. A newcomer? The door slammed shut just as Egil was about to enter. The newcomer hadn't closed it, it was just the wind blowing it shut. Egil reached out and opened the door, gesturing for Jokar to enter the fort. He closed the door behind the two and found the other vampire conversating with the newcomer. The newcomer sat in the center of the room cooking what appeared to be a piece of fresh venison. He wore a strange chainmail armor, none that Egil had ever seen available in any shops, The rest of his armor appeared to be made of tanned leather with various pieces of chain protecting vital ligaments and whatnot. Around his neck sat the golden Amulet of Mara.

"...we are on the same side whether they believe it or not. How would you like to join us?" Egil glared at the vampire as if to say I'll deal with you later then looked over to the newcomer. "I would very much like to help in anyway that I could. But some nights would be a problem. If we could find a way around those, I'd be fine. But, do any of you know how to stop it? Or get the sun back?"

"We have a plan, and it's going to be very dangerous so if you're up to it I'm ok with you helping us. We're going to need all the help we are going to get." He looked over to Jokar first then the other vampire. "I think we can discuss the plans after we get to know you a bit. After all, we can't have some vampire informant run off with our plans. He looked into the newcomers eyes. They didn't have the orange-red glow that vampires usually have. Instead they were a deep blue color. His beard was short but starting to grow out of shape and his hair was slightly past neck length and dark brown with very slight waves. Overall the man looked friendly.

"Anyway, my name is Egil. He reached out his hand in greeting with a warm, yet cautious, smile on his face. Don't mess this up Egil. Make a friend for once in your life.

Colonelscout312

Nomad shook the hand of the man.
    "Dangerous... That means it'll be fun!" He said, with a smile on his face and a gleam in his eye. It had been to long since Nomad had had a good fight, and he was rather looking forward to that. He put another piece of meat on and took another one off.
    "If anyone wants a piece, go ahead." He said, sitting back and lighting his pipe.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Che'anni made her way back to the fort, humming to herself as she made the trek. She had cleaned the arrows used to catch the game, and placed them back into her quiver. Arrows are hard to come by these days, or in Vampire terms; why give the cattle weapons when they can be in complete control.

Suddenly, while in the moment she was having she heard a noise followed by a voice,"Speak, tell me your name so that I may decided whether it would it would be wise to spare your life!" she turned but the man she faced held his bow pointed straight at her.
    She couldn't believe she had managed to get caught off guard, maybe the nostalgia had gotten to her for a bit back in the forest. Humming, walking out in the open, the rabbit's blood alone could have attracted more predators than she could possibly hold off. However she managed to get a single man, possibly a vampire yet he didn't look one. There were the tales she read about vampires from Cyrodiil.

During the time she was plotting an escape, thinking about her mistakes and her past; Ralyx was jogging towards the man, and the man was completely ignorant of that fact before he was tackled down. Ralyx pressed the man's greatsword against the man's throat. Wait…” Ralyx said, seemingly surprised. “You’re no vampire.” He said before removing the sword“You alone?”

This continued for a small time, Amy seemed to be giggling at the ordeal, maybe one of the effects of skooma, was she like this when she and Ralyx drank some of the skooma at the lake?
    She walked over to Ralyx to whisper something to him, The man said something about being the champion of some arena... basically close fighting type, but out here in the open, with what most could do to use the environment to their advantage he wouldn't stand a chance unless he got close enough unless there was another reason he was champion.

Suddenly the group was advancing to the fort, the man leading the way. Had she been thinking too much, and not paying attention to the fact the man just had a bow aimed at her not a moment ago. Che'anni decided to follow, Alex walked out; introduced himself, and Jokar and then mentioning something about the man being a wet dog, and transformations. Was he a werewolf like Amy? The man took his hand off his sword and introduced himself as 'Nomad' and then started on what appeared as venison, "So much for rabbit," she thought to herself. Alex knelt beside Nomad, Alex starting telling Nomad who we were, and what we stood for, ending with asking Nomad to join our cause and he seemed to accept the offer. The door creaked slightly and Egil entered, Jokar couldn't be too far behind. Egil approached the man with caution, and slightly warned the group that we should get to know him before revealing anything important. He finally introduced himself as well. Nomad replied as if this journey seemed to be fun, he was obviously smiling ear to ear. He then offered the group part of his catch.

"Sure, why not I'm sure we could try and save the rabbit for another time. Unless there isn't enough for all of us," Che'anni smiled politely, "Also I'm Che'anni, and I don't think we met on the right circumstances earlier," she replied while Nomad seemed to have finished lighting his smoking pipe.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Things began happening fast when they came inside. Nomad began cooking some meat, said something about not being able to control himself, (Then quit cooking your meat!); Alex barged in and made sure the wolf did not feel safe, but welcomed him nonetheless; Egil introduced himself; then finally Che'anni introduced herself as well after saying they could save the rabbit she had caught.

Amy was sitting on the floor up against a wall, as far away from the fire as she could get. It was pretty, but it made her uncomfortable. "I'll take some of the rabbit, since Nomad already threw all the venison over the fire." She then looked at Nomad. "Raw meat helps to tame the beast." Nomad seemed a bit arrogant to her, but at least he wasn't like Alex. But they both had the courage of a dead man, they both thought they were invincible. But Amy wasn't all that different. She was simply going to welcome death whenever it decided to come for her.

The mages were coming inside now, all wanting some food as well. For once, there was relative peace. No one was arguing, they had shelter, and they had food, even if it wasn't much.

After most of the group had eaten, Amy approached Nomad to introduce herself. "My name is Amy. Hircine has granted me power in order to control my transformations, and I can try to help you when you transform if you want. I'm not entirely sure how well I can help you, since I've never trained another werewolf before, but I promise I'll try to not let you hurt anyone."

She studied the man. He looked like he was about the same age as her, and he seemed friendly enough. His eyes had the wolfish glint that all werewolves had. His wavy brown hair was a bit greasy, but that was to be expected of an adventurer. The vampire had been right, he could use a bath, but as long as he didn't smell like burnt flesh, Amy could deal with him.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Call me Jokar." He said, grunting with pain as he walked in on the group, and the flames illuminated his armour, casting a large shadow on the wall behind him, as he walked past the group, and leaned to the wall on the other side.

He removed his Chitin helmet, and grunted again as the side struck a sore spot on his neck.

"Yes, I am a vampire, keep that sword of yours sheathed."

Jokar looked over to Che'Anni, and then nodded to the raw rabbit.

"Hand me some of that rabbit?" He smiled thinly to Che'Anni as he asked.
    He was not hungry at all, and the scent of roasted deer made his stomach turn, he was already rather full with food.
    But he needed blood. Rather, he'd prefer not mentioning blood to the others, there were already a large rift of distrust between them. No need to remind them what vampires lived upon.

True, an animal's blood was nothing like a human, or Elves, but it was the closest to feeding he could come, without succumbing to the monster that shared body with him, and the voices. Jokar's mind belonged to three, hopefully the others would not take control for a while. Both were contempt, the spirits had gorged. And the monster had enjoyed the scene.

"I'd prefer not speaking of what happened in that room, Ralyx. Leave it." He said, looking to Ralyx, but his hand still stretched toward Che'Anni, waiting for his meal.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Soon everybody had entered the room to get something to eat. Everybody except Brendela. Where is that damn woman? Ralyx thought and leaned back on the crate he was sitting on. Introductions were made to the new man, who called himself Nomad, and then things went silent for a short while.

But then Jokar spoke. "I'd prefer not speaking of what happened in that room, Ralyx. Leave it." He said, looking to Ralyx. Ralyx laughed. “Happened where?” He said with an overly surprised tone, giving Jokar an over the top wink, to show that he was just joking. “Don’t worry old man, I won’t mention a thing about the…” He stopped himself and gave Jokar yet a jokingly smile.

“Well, I don’t think I’ve made a proper introduction.” Ralyx got up and walked over to Nomad. “My name is Ralyx Barrasha. Trained by The Dragontamers themselves. Been a warrior since I was just 3.” He stretched his arm out to the man, and as he grabbed it he gave it a strong grip and leaned in to whisper: “And if I find out you’re an enemy, I’ll gut you before you can even say your own name.” He then released the grip and went back to the crate. “By the way. You had great luck running into that deer at these difficult times.” He gave the man a fake smile, cause he didn’t trust him one bit.

Colonelscout312

"Indeed, great luck. And you don't need to worry about me turning against you. I am a loyal person, and try my best to be good. But I don't blame you to not trust me." He said, trying to reassure the man, though he doubted it would so much good. He wasn't that taken aback by the threat, many people had said they would run him through in his life. He took one last piece of meat off and sat back, still blowing his pipe.
    "I am pleased to meet you both." He said to Che'Anni and Amy.
    "And I would be glad of any help you could give to help me control the beast." He said.
    "So, how long have you been fighting the vampires for?" He asked, curious to learn more about his new companions. He grabbed his flask if water and tipped it up. Empty, dang.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Immediately after Amy had spoken to Nomad, Ralyx came over, leaving no time for Nomad to respond at first. Ralyx made a half-threat, half-introduction of himself to Nomad, to which Nomad did not seem impressed. Once again, Nomad had proven himself to be arrogant. Just because he was a werewolf did not make him invincible.

"I am pleased to meet you both." Nomad was finally able to address Che'Anni and Amy.
    "And I would be glad of any help you could give to help me control the beast," he looked to Amy.

"So, how long have you been fighting the vampires for?" he inquired, changing the subject. Amy wasn't really in the mood for conversation, but she felt she should at least answer his question.

"We've been a group for...what, a few days?" She looked to Ralyx and Che'anni for confirmation. "It's hard to tell without day and night." If he was wanting to know about what had brought them here or what they had been doing since the sun had gone away, he wasn't going to get much from her. Amy didn't want to talk about her time alone after the sun had disappeared, especially since the majority of it was hazy, a side-effect of being in wolf-form. She had killed more than just vampires. Not to mention she didn't want to talk about what the vampires had done to her and her friends.

She let the others respond, if they had anything to say about it, before saying anything else.

"Well, I'm going on a walk. Who knows, I might find that girl who brought us here," she laughed.
    "I won't let you go alone, hun," Ralyx laughed slightly.
    And with that the two made their way out of the crowded entryway and into the cold hallway.

Amy looked around. This was no small fort. It may be crumbling, but it was still a decent fort with plenty of rooms.
    Brendela could be anywhere, and Amy's sense of smell probably had been somewhat damaged from her encounter with fire, because the only traces of Brendela were faint and Amy couldn't tell which way they were coming from.

"I hope Brendela didn't leave, because I'm going to kick her ass if she did." she said to Ralyx before strolling down a random hallway.

"So you said you were trained by the Dragontamers...who in Oblivion are they? Surely they weren't literally training dragons, considering there were none until recently," Amy laughed.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    "Hand me some of that rabbit?" Jokar smiled slight to Che'anni as he asked for the Rabbit, which Che'anni unattached and handed it over to him, knowing he would need some source of blood. Jokar accepted the Rabbit gladly. Good to know Jokar wasn't bloodthirsty and able to control himself, and even put up with animal blood, she hadn't even seen a vampire drink from a animal before now, Could they even do that?

"I am pleased to meet you both." Nomad addressed Che'anni and Amy.
    "And I would be glad of any help you could give to help me control the beast," he looked towards Amy

"So, how long have you been fighting the vampires for?" he changed the subject. Amy was looking bothered with the conversation, she looked as if she needed to get a nice night's rest, as well with the rest of the group.
    "We've been a group for...what, a few days?" Amy looked towards Ralyx and Che'anni, as if looking for confirmation. "It's hard to tell without day and night. Amy paused for a second, waiting for somebody to respond; Che'anni thought for a second, before saying," I'm sure it was about just under a week since we all became apart of this group,"
    "Well, I'm going on a walk. Who knows, I might find that girl who brought us here," Amy laughed followed by Ralyx.
    "I won't let you go alone, hun,"
    'Brendela, whatever happened to her," Che'anni thought while Ralyx and Amy walked off down a corridor. Che'anni quickly took a piece of venison of the fire, smiled at Nomad before waving and moved down the corridor like a hunger wolf. She found a nice corner where she could enjoy her meal, and opening a bottle of mead which she had found in the kitchen barrels earlier, obviously the rodents didn't like the stuff. Che'anni heard talking echoing through the corridor, Amy and Ralyx it would seem. She made out something about Dragontamers, but that's about all before they walked out of hearing range. Che'anni just went back to her meal, sitting on a crate before she felt something on her leg. She looked towards her leg and saw a small spider crawling upon it, Che'anni suddenly jumped before letting out a loud scream. She fell into a barrel and a crate, which broke as they received from the force of the fall. She rubbed her head, before groaning. The spider was scuttling away to the nearest dark corner. Her food landed on her as well, which pretty much meant it was still okay to eat. She picked herself up, dusted herself with her free hand, and got out of the room and started to wander randomly around the fort, finishing her meal. The mead spilled half it's contents, but she guessed it was enough for now. She found the fort to be quite large, with many rooms, turns and floors.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Ralyx followed Amy down through the halls in their search for Brendela. When he came to think about it, he hadn’t even noticed her leaving during all the talking with the ‘friendly’ vampires. Maybe she left when I ran into that unstable one. He thought with a smile.

"So you said you were trained by the Dragontamers...who in Oblivion are they? Surely they weren't literally training dragons, considering there were none until recently," Amy looked at him and laughed as she asked the question. The question made his heart do a double beat. He didn’t really like to think about his past, at all.
    “Well…” He started, and stopped up. “I don’t actually like to talk about it. Especially not with ‘strangers’.” He looked at her and smiled slightly.
    “But I do trust you…”
    He looked back the way they had come from, making sure nobody else was listening to them.

“I can begin with who the Dragontamers are.” He spoke quietly.
    “They are a group of warriors living in…” He stopped himself. “Well, I don’t want to give away where their base is. They are dangerous men, Amy.” He gave Amy a caring look, before he continued.
    “Anyway. They are led by a man named Heraclex. These Dragontamers aren’t named Dragontamers for nothing!” He smiled. “They do actually tame dragons. Well, not the dragons Alduin led, but smaller pitdragons, as we called them. They are slightly larger than a horse, so we could still ride them.” Ralyx looked down at the floor as his memories came back to him. He wasn’t too pleasant that Amy had asked him the question. But now that he had started to talk, he felt like he had to end it.

“I even had my own dragon.” He said after a short awkward pause. “Viserion.” The name made him smile. “Not sure if he’s alive anymore to be honest. Not after I left.” He said the last few words quickly. Then he started to walk again. “I don’t really want to talk anymore about it, okay?” He looked at her with slight aggression in his eyes.
    “Now let’s find that damn girl!”

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Ralyx did not seem very comfortable as Amy asked the question. “Well…” He started, and stopped up. “I don’t actually like to talk about it. Especially not with ‘strangers’.” He looked at her and smiled slightly.
    “But I do trust you…”
    He looked back the way they had come from, and Amy did the same. No one else seemed to be near.

“I can begin with who the Dragontamers are.” He spoke quietly.
    “They are a group of warriors living in…” He stopped suddenly. “Well, I don’t want to give away where their base is. They are dangerous men, Amy.” He gave Amy a caring look, before he continued. She didn't really care where they were, she had originally just wanted to make conversation.
    “Anyway. They are led by a man named Heraclex. These Dragontamers aren’t named Dragontamers for nothing!” He smiled. “They do actually tame dragons. Well, not the dragons Alduin led, but smaller pitdragons, as we called them. They are slightly larger than a horse, so we could still ride them.” Amy wasn't entirely sure if she believed him, but she went along with it. Ralyx was looking down, he appeared to be lost in thought.

“I even had my own dragon.” He said after a short awkward pause. “Viserion.” Ralyx smiled. Amy smiled too. The name sounded like "venison." “Not sure if he’s alive anymore to be honest. Not after I left.” He said the last few words quickly. Then he started to walk again. “I don’t really want to talk anymore about it, okay?” He looked at her with slight aggression in his eyes.
    "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up any bad...memories. I was just trying to make conversation," she apologized.But she still found it hard to believe there had been a group of people running around riding tiny dragons.
    “Now let’s find that damn girl!”

Amy hadn't really come out here to look for Brendela either, but it would be nice to know where she had gone. Amy really just wanted to get away from the crowd. Being around so many people made her...hungry.

There was an open door to their left, and Amy peeked in. Cold corpses of thralls whose throats had been ripped out littered the floor. Amy sighed. No Brendela. Just stale meat.

"Have you ever seen a group of vampires with so many thralls? And then to just kill every single one of them off. Those two are strange, even for vampires."

Amy began to close the door, but then she caught scent of it again. They had cooked someone down here, and now Amy was the one recalling bad memories.

She was close enough to the scent to know where it was coming from, just down the hall and through a door on the right. Amy was frozen. She didn't want to breathe, every time she did the smell seemed closer.

------------------
    Fire surrounded her, eating up the walls and the tables. It was a blinding orange light, with thick black smoke the only thing to dim it. Someone was called her name, but it was probably too late. Too late for them. Too late for her.

Fire destroys all.
    ------------------

"Amy" Ralyx said once again, and this time Amy came back to reality. She was safe for now. If anything, it was cold.

"Come on." Amy said turning the opposite direction from the burnt room. "If Brendela hasn't made her way back by now, she probably isn't going to. I'm not wasting my time with a corpse."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alex excused himself from the room and went to follow Che'anni. He wanted to talk with her, and just before he entered the room she was in heard a loud smash as if she had attacked a wooden object. "Is she that angry?" He thought to himself, and decided it might be best if he didn't approach. Alex peered his glowing vampiric eyes into the room to discover she had actually fallen, and made quite a mess on herself. She cleaned herself up and went to leave the room, Alex quickly backed up and clung to a wall, and when she left the room she turned directly left, and Alex was only just 10 metres down right. If she had looked the other way, he would of had to explain himself.

Alex followed her for a bit before finally deciding to reveal himself. He made his footsteps heavier, rather than the light stepping he had been taking, and approached from behind. "Quite a mess you've made." He said in observation, looking at remnants of food still clung to her apparel. "Are you afraid of me, Che'anni?" Alex asked, his red eyes looking curiously into hers. "You shouldn't be." He finally said, looking ahead. They had stopped walking now. Mercer folded his arms and looked down to his feet, then up to her eyes. "How about I make you a promise, one I intend to keep, if you make me one." He says, understanding she may not appreciate the offer. "I will never lie to you, if you promise me the same thing. You may not believe me, due to me being a vampire, but I am being deadly serious. Ask me anything personally, right here, and it will be in full truth. I prefer you to ask me away from the others but if you ask me on the spot out there in front of.. them.. I will be honest." He did not break eye contact, and was trying to judge her expression. "You don't have to like me, but it wouldn't hurt..." He said, finally breaking eye contact in an attempt to hide his hurt. This was it, he had laid it all out. It wall her call now, would they be friends or just mere allies?

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Egil watched as Nomad tried to take a sip from his flask. "Let me fill that up for you." He said, grabbing the flask. The Nord nodded his head in thanks and Egil walked out the door.

The water in the river near them ran quickly. It was a calming sound. After filling the flask he sat on a rock and watched the water. The red from the "sun" shone off it and it actually quite nice. If this could replace the moon I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it. Just give us back our sun... He grabbed a small flat rock and tossed into the water. It bounced across and landed soundlessly on the other side of the stream.

He sat there for a while before finally deciding to come back in and join the group once again. When he entered he saw Nomad and Jokar both watching the fire. He tossed Nomad the flask and sat down opposite him, watching the fire as well. "Where do you come from, Nomad?

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "Have you ever seen a group of vampires with so many thralls? And then to just kill every single one of them off. Those two are strange, even for vampires." Amy said, and then close the door to the room where there seemed to be dead bodies all over the floor. Ralyx couldn’t agree more with what the Amy said. “I’ve met stranger people on my travels.” He said and smiled widely to her.

The two continued down the halls in their search for Brendela. Or Ralyx just joined to get to know Amy a bit better, plus that he didn’t feel safe around the three new faces suddenly joining. He looked over at Amy, who looked like she forced herself to hold her breath as they got closer to the room where he had found Jokar earlier. She stopped suddenly, and looked as if she was thinking about something. “Amy..?” Ralyx asked, and looked into her eyes. She didn’t even seem to notice him at all. “Amy” She suddenly seemed relieved to see him, but was quick to look away from him and back to where they had come from. "Come on." Amy said. "If Brendela hasn't made her way back by now, she probably isn't going to. I'm not wasting my time with a corpse." He gave her a nod. “You’re right. She should’ve known better than to wander off.”

They made their way back to the others, even though Ralyx rather wanted to stay in the halls by himself. Something about the man called Nomad didn’t seem right to him. He was way to calm, thinking about the situation they faced. He walked over to a barrel standing close to a wall and sat down on top of it, keeping an eye on Nomad, Jokar and Alex. “So?” he asked loudly. “Are we doing to hide in here forever?”

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    She could hear them. Ralyx & -Amy. But she could not touch them. Or see them. She could not see anything any more.
    Where was she?
    Their voices sounded so close, but at the same time echoey & distant. As if they were on another layer of reality, One Brendela was no longer a part of.
    Now, the fog clouding her eyes seemed to disperse, & she saw a figure laying to her left. He lay crumpled, But was the only thing Brendela could make out at the moment.
    Tolfdir.
    She crawled over to him, oblivious to her aches & pains in desperation to reach the mage. The ground seemed to tremble as she drew closer & begun to stand up. But as she reached out to prod the man into waking up, A round wall of fire burst up like a cocoon around him, his body dissapearing behind the flames from every angle.
    In moments, the fire stopped, as adruptly as it had started. But it had left golden writing in the black dirt beneath her, in a circular pattern around Tolfdir. Brendela began to read aloud.
    "Look upon the face of Boethiah and wonder. Raise your arms that Boethiah may look on them and bestow a blessing. Know that battle is a blessing. Know that death is an eventuality. Know that you are dust in the eyes of Boethiah."
    As Brendela finished, The writing flashed bright, & as if alive began began to move clockwise, the writing possessing a life of its own. As she turned to look around her, the fog seemed to be caight in the movement, & as the writing spun faster & faster a vortex began to form around her, as if she was in the eye of a tornado that consisted of nothing but smoke. Finally, as the writing became but a golden blur, the tornado burst apart, allowing Brendela to look upon a new kind of hell.

A sea of lava served as a base for this canyon that could have been depicted from nightmares. cliffs of molten rock burst from the ground around it, jagged stones lay hidden in dead clumps of dirt atop them, in place to impale unwary travelers mad enough to wander the hellish landscape. Unearthly screeches pierced the darkness around them from unknown sources. From what she could make from her surroundings they were on a rocky pathway that crossed over the chasm. Brendela had no idea where she & Tolfdir were, but she suspected her companion may have a good idea.
    Where are we?
    "It is a place of many names. The Snake's Mount, Attributions share, but to most it is known as the realm of Boethiah" Spoke something in a gaseous voice.
    Brendela spun round, expecting to see a black mist or evil-looking figure, but instead she saw her friend being hoisted into the air by a bony looking creature. Two more stood beside the first, standing a good feet above Brendela despite being hunched over. But the one who had spoke looked nothing like the others.
    In fact, by comparison the figure was quite sturdy. Covered in red skin that was darker than the rocks it stood on, the humanoid figure had sharp horns bulging from its head, but the rest of its body was concealed inside a black robe that encompassed its body.
    A Dremora.
    Brendela went to grab her bow, but her hands found no purchase; it seemed that whatever had transported her here had not been stupid. The same for her daggers, even those concealed in more... intimate areas. Her mind suggested running, but the demented creatures still had Tolfdir, & she doubted there was sanctuary to be found anywhere nearby.
    "Why are we here?" Brendela asked the Dremora, knowing that at least it could speak.
    "The Master wants you" It spoke in its hideous tone. Then it grinned, a most evil of grins.

Colonelscout312

"I was born in whiterun, but I moved around everywhere." Nomad looked around. He got up as he heard someone mention leaving.
    "Well, I for one am not staying here. I'll go out to make sure that the way is safe." Nomad walked out with his array of weapons. He walked a good ways away, keeping an eye out for vampires, when he suddenly couldn't breath. He looked down and saw an arrow sticking out of his heart. He turned, seeing a group of vampires advancing on the fort, and collapsed. The air was knocked out of him, and it wasn't long before he let out his last breath.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts