• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Yes Ria, I did kill something today. :rolleyes:

I killed 4 dragons plus the freakin' World Eater, 3 dragon priests, 25 draugr, 14 deathlords, 17 bandits, 5 frost trolls, a giant, 2 vampires, a zombie chicken, 2 bears, a sabre cat, 3 wolves, a really bad assassin, a Thalmor patrol, an ice wraith, a dozen forsworn, a briarheat, 3 hagravens, 3 spriggins, a colony of necromancers, and a case of Firebrand Wine.

But no, really... that bear you killed. That's great. Have a sweet roll.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
You can play the game, beat all the quests and side quests, get the stuff and have a satisfactory experience.

But to truly enjoy the game, I think role-play is essential. Getting into a character's head, reacting to the events you encounter as if you were there, walking instead of running or fast traveling everywhere ... all these things and more make Skyrim a better place.

I think everyone that still posts here feels and plays this way. :beermug:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
You can play the game, beat all the quests and side quests, get the stuff and have a satisfactory experience.

But to truly enjoy the game, I think role-play is essential. Getting into a character's head, reacting to the events you encounter as if you were there, walking instead of running or fast traveling everywhere ... all these things and more make Skyrim a better place.

I think everyone that still posts here feels and plays this way. :beermug:
I tend to try to stay away from fast travel as much as possible but it's not an absolute deal breaker for me. I do typically try to flesh out who the character I am playing actually is. Much like a book or movie character, if I am not emotionally invested in it, there is no staying power.

Adam Warlock

I was relaxing on the deck of Lakeview Manor on a clear sunny afternoon.
A hawk circled in the crystal blue sky above.
I thought to myself ... how majestic , how beautiful .
I killed it and plucked it`s feathers.

Asiaxfani

It's hard to be a good guy in Skyrim, if you still want to... you know, actually do quests and explore, not just run around picking flowers. I just realized my supposed "good" character, my Redguard hunter is a freaking god of destruction, raining death anywhere she goes. New save --> In-game-days spent: 10. People killed: 64. Skyrim, Y U MAKE ME A SERIAL KILLER WHEN I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN HARMONY WITH THE UNIVERSE?

Asiaxfani

I'd also like to add that this topic is epic win.

And while we're on random thoughts: It's so annoying when you create a character, really like her appearance and THEN find an NPC that looks like they could be your character's long-lost twin. My Redguard has been with me pretty much since I bought the game, so it's hardly a new issue (I just have a bad habit of starting new saves and creating the same characters over and over again), but I still can't get over how much Saadia looks like her. Maybe she IS my char's twin sister...

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Imagine the police crackdowns in the Gray Quarter

Twiffle

I was playing today and got a disease of reduced weapon skill, when i noticed a hawk flying around, but i hadn't got a bow and don't use magic in this particular build, as i know the feathers cure disease so a random thought came into my head, ,, ,, has anyone ever tried shouting a hawk out of the sky. ?

Adam Warlock

I was playing today and got a disease of reduced weapon skill, when i noticed a hawk flying around, but i hadn't got a bow and don't use magic in this particular build, as i know the feathers cure disease so a random thought came into my head, ,, ,, has anyone ever tried shouting a hawk out of the sky. ?
Kyne`s Peace works pretty well .

Twiffle

Kyne`s Peace works pretty well .

interesting, i must try that when i find that shout, cheers,

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
The Soul Cairn may be a desolate, depressing place, but even it still has a Starbucks on every corner.
soulcairn-starbucks.png

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Two thoughts:

1. Why the hell are all dwarven automatons immune to frost? It's not like Skyrim is lacking frost-resistant enemies, plus machinery typically doesn't enjoy being exposed to frigid cold...

2. What's the big idea with quest-locked word walls? For example, why do I have to go through half of the Thieves' Guild questline if I want all three words for Disarm? I think this was one of Bethesda's biggest mistakes, design-wise.

Twiffle

Two thoughts:

2. What's the big idea with quest-locked word walls? For example, why do I have to go through half of the Thieves' Guild questline if I want all three words for Disarm? I think this was one of Bethesda's biggest mistakes, design-wise.

and the Dragon Masks, why does my warrior tank have to join the mages to get one of the masks?

and im forced to murder at least one npc to get one of the shouts, , but i dont want to murder anyone in certain builds, , ,, ,, etc etc etc

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts