• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

keen

i looking at making a new charter i want to make a half magic half warrior type char (as in light armor,sword in 1 hard,an using magic in the other) any1 have any idea about what race would best suited.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
There's no specific race that gets starting bonuses to Light Armor, 1-Handed *and* Destruction, but there's a few with two out of three - Dunmer, Imperial and Nord. Any of those would be a fine choice. To be honest though race doesn't make the biggest difference to your character's ability after the first 5 or 10 levels.

Check the UESP wiki for a summary of all racial bonuses and powers - http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

keen

being a nord or imperial is there dif quests or is everything the same?

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Everything is absolutely the same in terms of gameplay, regardless of race. The only thing that'll change is that sometimes NPCs will refer to you differently.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
I agree with psyk0, when it comes to selecting your race the starting skill bonuses really don't matter. The racial bonuses and your preference for looks is key. I play the "spell/sword" playstyle which you are looking to get into.

I use a High Elf for the extra Magicka and the Magicka regen. Orcs are good for their damage increasing Berserker Rage and Red Guards for their Stamina regening Adrenaline Rush. Bretons may very well have the best racials with the 25% Magic Resist and Dragonskin, Absorb 50% of the magicka from hostile spells for 60 seconds

keen

thanks for posts :)

decided to go with a nord cheers :)

andrea

race powers are different too
the nord have resist frost, not bad, but they also have the useless battlecry

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts