Prepare monday 8th console players. (maybe)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
So the new patch may be, could be, should be, possibly wont be out this coming monday. but it sounds good so fingers crossed, so how are u all preparing for the level cap to be thrown out the window, all the cheaters out there the oghma infinium has been sorted or meant to be so use should try the duplicate glitch to get as many books as u can (I have never done that glitch) so If ure banking on that book glitch get to work lol. I am preparing for one hell of a grind (I really want my stamina up so I can carry more, will save alot of time unloading to vendors) I am running around buying all the smithing items I can get my hands on and all the alchemy ingrediants I can find and buy. are any use preparing for the 8th in any special way. (I hope it is released monday)

Shadow King

It has been confirmed now monday the 8th, another forum member (stone) showed me a link and a friend phoned me to say bethesda has released that date.

Well I am not holding my breath for any date. And to be honest I'm not sure if I am looking forward to the patch or not. Removing the Level Cap sounds great. Mainly because there shouldn't be one in the first place, in my opinion. That is essentially the main reason why I stopped playing Oblivion. But I have a great deal of concern about what happenings this patch will cause. I am sure it will fix some of the problems that it's supposed to. But I am sure it will also create new ones. It's as I've said before on these forums. I don't expect perfection from Bethesda. I am aware that is unreasonable. And I don't even mind the small glitches that can be played around. But it's the big, must start the whole game over again glitches I find unacceptable. And I hope that I will never have to endure such a thing again.

Clau

The Fateless One
Two things I'm eager to find out:

1. How hard is legendary when you start a new game in that difficulty.

2. How effective are Dragonbone bows when you grind smithing at legendary level.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Well, I don't know how good this patch will be and regarding the Oghma Infinium, I already have a file saved with the spoil. I increased my levels to 81, chose the perks and saved the file, so whatever they do with the Oghma Infinium, will not affect me at all. If I ever want to start to play again, I just load it up and go from there .... eeehhhhhh ... :cool:

Shadow King

Two things I'm eager to find out:

1. How hard is legendary when you start a new game in that difficulty.

2. How effective are Dragonbone bows when you grind smithing at legendary level.

my friend that plays on p.c says he cant tell master from legendary and that its the same also I heard on the net that master was harder :S

I would love to know how strong I can make my dragonbone sword I have it at 461 legit, I dont use it in combat because its 2 strong but its a side project, I wonder though if it resets to 15 will it be the same as when u begin the game with a 15 smithing skill or is legendary 15 basicly 101 level

Aniratak

This is perhaps a very silly question: But what is it that this new patch is supposed to do? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Can someone get me up to speed? What is the Level Cap?

JayW

I'm really not sure about this new patch. From what I've heard it puts you in an endless grinding loop while playing and probably doesn't reward you much for your efforts. While you will probably become able to raise your health/magic/carry weight levels through the new patch, you can already do this with the crafting skills. I have access to more perks than I actually want without passing level 50. Unless there are some new perks that add new gameplay elements then I'm not sure I'll even download the new patch.

I can already envision people boasting about how many times they've maxed out a skill or what level they are - personally I can live without the irritation. The fun in TES games was never about power levels - I wish they would spend more time on creating new places to explore, people to meet, items to find, stories to unfold etc...

I hope I'm wrong though and that the new patch can give the old game some new legs.

orca45

I will wait till this patch is downloaded from some players and see exactly what it does. I am not saying I will not downloaded but I do have right now my ethernet cable unplugged from my PS3.
I do agree with JayW to some extent about this game is not about power levels, but in my opinion, if they available, I will use them although I could live without them and still be a great warrior.
My concern with this new patch is related to if it will reset automatically all the perks that you have or if it will be optional and how much of improvement you will get if you level up.
I also agree that instead that, they should give us more content, more missions / quest to accomplish.

This is perhaps a very silly question: But what is it that this new patch is supposed to do? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Can someone get me up to speed? What is the Level Cap?

This is everything Patch 1.9 is supposed to do:

New Features

• Legendary difficulty setting
  • Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.
Bug Fixes

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
  • Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them
  • Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during "The Throat of the World"
  • Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during "Alduin’s Bane"
  • Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during “Death Incarnate
  • Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
  • Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
  • Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
  • Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
  • Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
  • Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during "Battle for Whiterun"
  • Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during "Waking Nightmare"
  • Fixed issue where “Glory of the Dead” would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
  • The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
  • If player marries Aela, the "Totem of Hircine" quest will be available
  • Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing "The White Phial"
  • Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
  • Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
  • The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
  • Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
  • Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
  • Gallus' Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
  • In "No Stone Unturned" Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
  • Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing “Toying with The Dead
  • Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in “The Litany of Larceny
  • Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
  • Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing “A Blade in the Dark” properly
  • Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
  • Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting “Trouble in Skyrim
  • Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
  • Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
  • Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
  • Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of “Diplomatic Immunity
  • Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
  • Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during "Ill Met By Moonlight"
  • The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
  • Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
  • Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
  • Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during "The Way of The Voice"
  • The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
  • The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
  • Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
  • If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, "The Pale Lady" will start properly
  • Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start "The Cursed Tribe"
  • Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
  • Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
  • Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Whirlwind Sprint
  • Fixed issue with "Ill Met By Moonlight" if Sinding dies before the quest starts
  • Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
  • Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting "Alduin’s Wall"
  • Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
  • Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
  • Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during "Totems of Hircine"
  • Fixed rare instance in "Fetch me that Book" where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
  • Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during "Diplomatic Immunity"
  • Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
  • Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
  • Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in "In My Time of Need"
  • Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
  • Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
  • Fixed issue with "Vald's Debt" where Vald was not leveled properly
  • Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing "Battle for Whiterun"
  • Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
  • Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
  • The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
  • Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
  • Pantea's flute is no longer a quest item after completing "Pantea's Flute"
  • Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player's house no longer allows the book to be reused again
  • Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
  • Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
  • Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
  • Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat
  • Legendary difficulty setting
  • Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.
Bug Fixes

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
  • Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them
  • Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during "The Throat of the World"
  • Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during "Alduin’s Bane"
  • Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during “Death Incarnate
  • Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
  • Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
  • Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
  • Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
  • Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
  • Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during "Battle for Whiterun"
  • Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during "Waking Nightmare"
  • Fixed issue where “Glory of the Dead” would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
  • The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
  • If player marries Aela, the "Totem of Hircine" quest will be available
  • Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing "The White Phial"
  • Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
  • Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
  • The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
  • Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
  • Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
  • Gallus' Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
  • In "No Stone Unturned" Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
  • Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing “Toying with The Dead
  • Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in “The Litany of Larceny
  • Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
  • Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing “A Blade in the Dark” properly
  • Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
  • Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting “Trouble in Skyrim
  • Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
  • Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
  • Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
  • Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of “Diplomatic Immunity
  • Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
  • Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during "Ill Met By Moonlight"
  • The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
  • Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
  • Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
  • Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during "The Way of The Voice"
  • The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
  • The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
  • Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
  • If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, "The Pale Lady" will start properly
  • Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start "The Cursed Tribe"
  • Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
  • Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
  • Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Whirlwind Sprint
  • Fixed issue with "Ill Met By Moonlight" if Sinding dies before the quest starts
  • Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
  • Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting "Alduin’s Wall"
  • Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
  • Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
  • Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during "Totems of Hircine"
  • Fixed rare instance in "Fetch me that Book" where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
  • Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during "Diplomatic Immunity"
  • Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
  • Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
  • Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in "In My Time of Need"
  • Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
  • Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
  • Fixed issue with "Vald's Debt" where Vald was not leveled properly
  • Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing "Battle for Whiterun"
  • Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
  • Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
  • The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
  • Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
  • Pantea's flute is no longer a quest item after completing "Pantea's Flute"
  • Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player's house no longer allows the book to be reused again
  • Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
  • Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
  • Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
  • Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

Shadow King

all the new stuff is in the post sasuke done above, i dont think there is a level cap come monday bro

Shadow King

I'm really not sure about this new patch. From what I've heard it puts you in an endless grinding loop while playing and probably doesn't reward you much for your efforts. While you will probably become able to raise your health/magic/carry weight levels through the new patch, you can already do this with the crafting skills. I have access to more perks than I actually want without passing level 50. Unless there are some new perks that add new gameplay elements then I'm not sure I'll even download the new patch.

I can already envision people boasting about how many times they've maxed out a skill or what level they are - personally I can live without the irritation. The fun in TES games was never about power levels - I wish they would spend more time on creating new places to explore, people to meet, items to find, stories to unfold etc...

I hope I'm wrong though and that the new patch can give the old game some new legs.

I know what u mean and I agree with alot of it, but I think some players like to be god builds, lots of heath,magic etc plus yea it will be a non stop grind but only for the players who want to grind, but for others at least they can level a little more, as for me now I can use perks on magic I would never use before because I always thought it wasn't my main priority so now I can have fun by switching from warrior to mage I think this level sytem will go in hand with the dragonborn reset perk, it means if u want to keep a charachter but not waste 200hrs gameplay u can switch from mage to warrior alot better, instead of saying I need to make a whole new build because I fancy playing a mage.

to ure second part u couldn't be more right how about instead of legendary settings and level cap, they give us more animals to hunt im sick of chasing deer, and would it be so hard for a few towns or villages to be added, or how about they double the ammount of people in citys, I really want a hearthfire 2 dlc were they add some sort of castle and a bigger population with more towns, something along those lines. or new diologue for people in skyrim.

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
I really don't like the way they handled the level cap removal. I have the patch on my PC, and I only have my most vital things at 100 (1H, Light Armor) so resetting them to 15 just to level up some more is a real bummer. I'll probably just leave my cap at 81, unless I decide to do a run on legendary.

Shadow King

I really don't like the way they handled the level cap removal. I have the patch on my PC, and I only have my most vital things at 100 (1H, Light Armor) so resetting them to 15 just to level up some more is a real bummer. I'll probably just leave my cap at 81, unless I decide to do a run on legendary.

Yea it would suck for those kinds of skills as they are pretty hard to level but I think people including me are thinking of smashing the smithing skill tree as I have tons of materials I could probably craft my way from 15 to 100 twice over, today and tommorow I will be buying evrything from blacksmiths, im not going to grind to much I just hate the number 81 been that number a long time now lol

orca45

Shadow King, can you explain please how the level cap is going to work ? Let me understand this please, for example, I am at level 81 ( all skills at 100% ) but full perks are only at Smithing and Enchanting, so how will that work out ? Can you give up some samples if you know please ? Thanks a lot !

Chadonraz

I'm really looking forward to this: "Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf"
It seems that the wolf appears every third time I get a loading screen on a werewolf character...

I don't know if I'm ever going to make a skill "legendary", since it's hard work getting them to 100. Even the ones I use most, with the appropriate Standing Stone active.

Shadow King

Shadow King, can you explain please how the level cap is going to work ? Let me understand this please, for example, I am at level 81 ( all skills at 100% ) but full perks are only at Smithing and Enchanting, so how will that work out ? Can you give up some samples if you know please ? Thanks a lot !

I have no idea lol im very curious aswell. I am also lv 81 and 100% skills. I was thinking if u make a skill tree legendary and that skill goes to 15, will that be the same 15 as a new build would be or would 15 legendary mean 101 and 16 legendary 102 and so on (hope u can follow my thinking im confusing myself lol) and if I choose to make say smithing legendary would that mean I would have to get the skill to 90 again to craft daedric or would the perks stay there after making a skill legendary? it all feels complex, it would be really stupid if say we made smithing legendary and had to get it to 90 legendary just to craft daedric again im sure that wouldn't be the case, but Bethesda doesnt always work on what is practical and what makes sense at times, so I have crafted 2 suits of both Daedric and Dragon just to be sure lol.

Shadow King

I'm really looking forward to this: "Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf"
It seems that the wolf appears every third time I get a loading screen on a werewolf character...

I don't know if I'm ever going to make a skill "legendary", since it's hard work getting them to 100. Even the ones I use most, with the appropriate Standing Stone active.

For me smithing will be my tester for the legendary skill, I wonder if it will be harder to increse to 100 or will it just be the same :S

JayW

It must be really tricky for Bethesda to introduce a legendary setting for something like smithing. Say you craft the finest armour in the game after reaching level 100 and then decide to turn the skill legendary. Suddenly you lose the ability to smith all those cool armours and are reduced to level 15. Do they also take away the armour that you made before going back to level 15. If they don't then it is a bit of a waste returning the player back to level 15, since you already have everything you wanted from the skill tree. If they do take away your armour then it would just be a pain. I hope they give you something for your efforts - like a better looking set of dragon armour (maybe something made from alduin's scales and those giant horns).

Let me know if there are any bonuses. I got rid of all my accumulated crafting materials when I realised all the junk I had collected was slowing down my game (Xbox). I would actually get Heartfire 2 if they added some cool new homes. What they did for Oblivion was much better. I'd also love a hunter's DLC .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts