• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gowsh

Old Fart
I have never had a guard say that to me. Damn how many more lines do these buggers have that I have never heard?

The other day I had a guard congratulate me on being named Harbinger.

First time ever after hundreds of hours in the job.

No lame "fetch the mead" crack, either. I nearly dropped my controller.:)

Zexks

First char I made in morrowind was male, for the whole "This is me" aspect. From then on, I've only made female characters. It occurred to me one day, do you really want to spend hundreds of hours staring at a guys derriere. Most especially when checking how different armor looks.

SaveVsBedWet

I never play male characters unless forced to. Sort of like the guy in Speed who's "already seen the airport", I've already seen the world as a guy. I've been seeing it that way for 41 years at this point.

Much of it has to do with the societal limits on depth of emotional range built into perception of men that do not apply to women - particularly where vulnerability, self doubt and such are concerned. There's a huge trough of experiences and possibilities that simply can't be explored anymore with a male protagonist, and as it happens, they are among the most interesting of the human struggle.

No "looking at the back of a female" reasoning necessary. I'm simply tired of male protagonists. They're cliche and boring. Nothing Hercules ever did was as cool as when Xena did it. If Alias or Dark Angel had a male star, I wouldn't have watched. When Anne Boleyn died, that was the end of me and The Tudors. Nobody on Game of Thrones looks as awesome in the middle of the action as Dany and Brienne do. That's allllllllllll there is to it.

Only possible exceptions are iconic superheroes. I don't really need a Supergirl, Batgirl, She-Hulk, or a female Thor, although female characters with similar power, like say Rogue past Uncanny #171 or Arclight are all good with me.

And let's not even discuss vampires. Gimme a double Sophie-Anne hold the Northman.

thecelticlatino

I always play both genders when possible, although I usually have a few more male characters than female. It really depends on the series and game...and the available options in appearance (the male elves in Skyrim are beyond ugly, and the create-able female Bretons are kinda icky). Usually my female characters are fewer but they have far more impact.

My 'canon' Shepard in Mass Effect is female despite the fact I've played through as a male more times than female
My 'hero of Kvatch' is female in Oblivion, but I have male characters for the guild playthroughs...etc...

I find myself preferring male characters for warriors, warrior-rogue and pure rogues while female characters are usually magic based (though I do have female warriors and male mages and what not). Just a personal preference.

Males I have in Skyrim- 9
One Male Nord- 'Canon Dovakhin'/Main Quest, Light armored barbarian wanderer (Main Questline character)
Two Male Imperials- One is a heavily armored paladin while the other is a heavy armored dual wielder and son of the paladin
Two Male Argonians- One is an assassin-mage while the other is a light armored skirmish warrior for the Imperial Legion
One Male Breton- Archmage of Winterhold, Arcane Warrior type (College of Winterhold Questline character)
One Male Orc- Imperial Legionnaire (Imperial Legion Questline character)
One Male Wood Elf- Newest character, son of my female Bosmer, a half-elf who fights for the Stormcloaks and identifies with his Nord father
One Male Redguard- Listener of the Dark Brotherhood (Dark Brotherhood Questline character)

Females I have in Skyrim- 5
One Female Nord- Originally my Main Quest character, barbarian warrior and Companion, Stormcloak General (Companions/Stormcloaks Questline character)
One Female Khajiit- Thief/Assassin type
One Female Wood Elf- Mistress of the Thieves Guild (Thieves Guild Questline character)
One Female Dark Elf- Evil psycho-sociopathic vampire, scourge, fun stealth-mage that likes to burn and kill things
One Female High Elf- Pure Mage

Planning to create another Dark Elf female character (Half-Elf daughter of my Breton), another Stormcloak for RP purposes and at least two more for the Dawnguard/Vampire factions (don't know their genders/race/builds yet)

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
The other day I had a guard congratulate me on being named Harbinger.

First time ever after hundreds of hours in the job.

No lame "fetch the mead" crack, either. I nearly dropped my controller.:)

I had that once right after becoming Harbinger. Never heard it again though..But I find it weird that I barely even get arrow in the knee cracks anymore....o_O

Zappus

I find your picture of forever alone next to a post " Playing as the opposite sex" ridiculously funny xD

Sorry for offtopic, just couldnt stand it anymore :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts