• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Papzt

I've many consoles here...but old ones. SNES, N64, PS/2. I always was a PC gamer but these old ones were better imho. Simply because they were what they should be. Buy a console, connect it to the tv, put in the game, have fun. But now it's something else. It's not that easy anymore and it's much easier to handle a pc properly then it was 10 years ago. Even the installation. My 6 year old cousin can install win7/8. So i think the consoles are obsolete.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I like having a controller just naturally, even though I can touchtype. That's just my personal preference, and for unknown reasons, I get used to controls for console games easier. I got used to the swap in Borderlands 2 from Borderlands of the firing & aiming buttons with the class ability & grenade buttons without much effort, but it takes me twice as long to switch from WASD to the arrow keys or clicking for movement. I'm probably just an anomaly though. One downside to my PS3 though is trying to type stuff in if I ever need to, because I don't have a USB keyboard, whereas I'm really quick with a computer's keyboard.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
Console so when I rage I can throw a controller at the wall.

Would be too expensive if I kept throwing computers out the window.
I play on my PC with a controller, so I get the enjoyment of mods along with the satisfaction of smashing my controller when I whirlwind sprint of a cliff accidentally :D

On topic, I have it for the XBOX and PC, I played the XBOX version for almost 13 months, but after a week or so with the PC version it was clear to me how much better it was due to the advanced graphics as well as the mod community that added so much to the game.

Dallas-Arbiter

PC is the way to go. I like the freedom to change whatever I want, when I want. Mods are much more than console commands, cheats, god weapons and armor and nude/beauty texture replacers.

Basically if you can imagine it, it can be done, and if you don't have the skill, chances are someone on the Nexus, SW or any other modding site would make whatever you wanted for you.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Due to arthritis in my wrists and having only played MMO's outside of the Elder Scrolls games, I can't use controllers more than a few minutes, and I have muscle memory from a decade of PC MMO's to work with.

So for me, if it isn't a PC game, I have to be content just watching other people entertain me as they play!

SuckaaPunch

I have Skyrim for both PC and PS3 and PC wins for me personally, mainly for the mods. Plus, I feel a lot more comfortable using a keyboard and mouse for RPG's.

Oren74

Console. I want the game to work and be able to play from the comfort of my couch with a wireless controller on my 65 inch TV.

I have 20 years of PC gaming experience and I've given up because it's just too dam expensive to keep up with hardware requirements...not to mention crap just not working, having to adjust settings to fit your PC build etc.

I want to just put in the game, and play

SprSynJn

Reiterating what some of these gentlemen have already said, console is the way for me. I have only played Blizzard games on PC, and that was only because I had to. I just cannot see myself stuck in a chair with a mouse and keyboard playing a game. Playing on the couch with a controller and a HDTV feels natural for me. Plus, you only pay one small amount per generation versus the continuous amount to keep your PC up to date.

Invader Vin

From an objective standpoint, there are very few advantages to owning the console version. What a few folks here seem to forget or do not understand, is that we PC users also have access to a wide variety of controllers, big screen TVs, high end audio systems, and comfortable seating arrangements. Heck, I myself play seated in bed with some comfy pillows to prop me up. Although for audio, I prefer a pair of high quality headphones as opposed to a full home theater system as I feel the audio experience is more "personal" this way and has the added benefit that I don't wind up disturbing others.

Aside from that, there are too many advantages offered by the PC version of Skyrim that I could never fathom owning either of the console versions. There are fixes and updates available to us that have been taken care of by the community which the developers themselves for whatever reason have not addressed. In addition, there are fantastic mods that enrich the gameplay experience and we even have access to what is essentially free DLC sized quest add-ons that have been created by modders as well.

The true benefits of owning a console are the subjective ones such as the cheaper price cost as not everyone's income or budget can justify the expense of pc gaming. This is somewhat arguable however, as someone else has noted earlier that you can get a low quality pc on par with the current line of consoles for not much more and still enjoy the added benefits of owning a computer. The other point I can see, would be console exclusive titles that are not available on pc. This works both ways however as pc gamers likewise have access to titles not available on the consoles meaning it all comes down to what you want to play. Personally I haven't been excited about the release of any console titles since Shenmue came out back on the Dreamcast lol so that about covers it for me. I dropped out of console gaming after owning a PS2 for awhile and never did get into any of the current generation systems. I haven't regretted doing this as I find I enjoy having a much greater extent of control over my gaming machine and I don't intend on picking up any of the next gen consoles coming out.

Wildroses

PC because it's cheaper for me. And I don't mean because PCs are cheaper than consoles. I need a computer, period. I need to type and print stuff, I need daily access to emails, I need access to internet banking. It's cheaper for me to buy a computer and play games on it than to buy a computer AND a console and play games.

By this stage if I had to get used to a console I probably could after a few months of inexpert fumbling, but I wouldn't like the process of becoming an expert console user and am used to mouse and keyboard by now.I play Skyrim on a laptop with keyboard and mouse, and am perfectly content with it. Sure, I could do complicated things and spend lots of money to make the graphics more impressive, but I have better things to do with my time and money, like play Skyrim and buy DLCs.

I do have to say though, I've seen some incidents of arrogance and condescension in YouTube and DeviantArt comments which shocked me. If a person mentions as an aside they play on a console in a discussion about something completely different, it is not polite to instantly start telling them how ridiculous playing on consoles are when PCs exist. Personal preference means preference of you personally as an individual, not the entire world. The entire world doesn't think the same as you, PC trolls, deal with it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts