• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cassio

In which platform do you prefer to play Skyrim? I have Xbox 360, but I play on PC. How is it with you guys?

Suleku

The Grey Knight
PC Hands down... Mods..... Uber Graphics.... Mods that balance the game without making things too easy o_O and those quest mods yummy!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I prefer PS3, keeps me from cheating :p
I use mods on PC that are geared towards better immersion and role-play rather than the numerous "cheat" mods out there. The current setup I have is just delightful and challenging!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Console so when I rage I can throw a controller at the wall.

Would be too expensive if I kept throwing computers out the window.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
(( I play on PC with a controller. But I've never felt the need to throw mine. Keyboards and mice are cheaper if you want to throw something and I always have half a dozen spares.

PCs are good for Skyrim so you can advance past quest glitches, mostly. Other than that, graphics enhancers and -- screenshots! ))

Glitches are the after effect of the great Ulfvir the Highlander when he hit a man so hard it tore a hole in the fabric of the TES universe. Advancing past them is heresy.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
PC Hands down... Mods..... Uber Graphics.... Mods that balance the game without making things too easy o_O and those quest mods yummy!

This.

Zyphur

My computer can't run Skyrim, and it's fracking expensive to upgrade everything. >.> I'm perfectly content playing on a 360. ^.^ It doesn't seem like mods for Skyrim are really that great tbh.

But I also have Morrowind on PC with mods, and that's the only way I'd have it.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Everyone seems to think that pc only has amazing graphics, well you have obviously never heard of LCD Tvs with HDMI cables. Exact same graphics as my brothers home-made pc.

I like both But I prefer console in over-all.

Papzt

Simple. PC. Real 1080p, high resolution textures AA/AF, more than 30 FPS. There are so many advantages

Everyone seems to think that pc only has amazing graphics, well you have obviously never heard of LCD Tvs with HDMI cables. Exact same graphics as my brothers home-made pc.

I like both But I prefer console in over-all.
LoL....there is a difference between 720p and 1080p. And if you don't see any difference than you are blind, or you played on a very low quality setting
Sent from my GT-I9300

Morgan

I prefer playing on my computer because . . . well, the other option is not playing at all, since I don't have either console : )

Twiffle

£193 for an Xbox, ,, ,, £1200 for PC capable of running skyrim properly . NUFF SAID !

Papzt

£193 for an Xbox, ,, ,, £1200 for PC capable of running skyrim properly . NUFF SAID !
Nope. Thats simply wrong. If yoz want to play skyrim on a pc in with the same low quality you don't have to spend more than 500. And even then you can do much more with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
On the PC, simply because you're screwed when you can not do specific quests or can not complete a quest because of Bethesda's stupid glit--ahum, "surprises" which they have put in the game and there is no way you can fix that with commands on console. Next to that, I have a few graphical mods installed which enchance Skyrim's looks and feels. I don't think these are possible on a console. I don't own any console next to a GameBoy and a DSi.

Did I mention ultra graphics?

What if I told you that PCs can also have a LCD TV screen connected with a HDMI cable? Just saying since consoles are not the only ones who are capable of doing so.

Papzt

Well what most people don't understand is that a FullHD TV + HDMI connection don't make 1280x720 to 1920x1080. If you connect an old VHS player to a FullHD tv it doesn't switch magically to HD. It's retarded what some people argue with

Sent from my GT-I9300

jarif

I downloaded the crack version of skyrim and dawnguard for my laptop but honestly despite the mods and graphic mods i installed i never had much fun as i did on my PS3 like i got drunk and finally killed braith on my laptop :D but, my Tv is big and HD so i just can sit on my couch relax looking at my Tv giving a cinematic feeling, i can improve the graphics by turning down the hud capacity and turn the brightness all the way down - my way of giving a immersive hud to the ps3. i like the console commands but the ps3 keeps me from cheating and i find the controls easier even though the pc has nice stuff on its keyboard and i dont like having my laptop too close to my face. Theres advantages and disadvantage to consoles and pc but i prefer my PS3 :D

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I use to play Skyrim on PS3. Switched to PC a little over 2 months ago. PC wins. The mods alone are reason enough to make the switch. Hell, my Vampire Lord can fly!!! Never playing on console again (Skyrim that is).

Adam Belmont

I prefer PC:
1) I play games on PC for 10 years, so I'm used to the keyboard and mouse.
2) I need to upgrade my computer every 2 years, so is cheaper for me, otherwise I would have to buy a console AND upgrade the pc.
3) Skyrim is a great game, but has some glitches and bugs that piss me off, thanks to console commands this is not an issue that would make me quit playing.

I don't have a Console any more (I used to have a PS2 for Armored Core.) The PC supports a controller, but my Trackball (Or Mouse, if you prefer) tracks better than an Analogue stick for aiming quickly. Also, as noted earlier, you have the Creation Kit, Mods, and the `Console`, so if you don't like something, or run into a Glitch, you can fix it. And finally, I hear Consoles start to lag, and lockup when you have too many Data in your Hard Drive. A PC can fix this with Hardware, Partitioning, and a whole bunch of other stuff you can't do on the PlayBox.