• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

adrian-smith31

Argonian
Just to give you some ideas I'm playing Skyrim on a 5 year old PC with a graphics card that was replaced last year. I'm able to play on full detail with the Goddess ENB graphics mod which makes a vast difference in image quality without the frame rate drop.

The PC I use is a quad core AMD Phenom 2 3.4Ghz, 8Gb RAM and a Radeon HD7850 graphics card. The original Radeon HD4890 that it came with just about handled Skyrim.

Skyrim seems to be more graphics card intensive but if you are buying a new PC for gaming then I'd buy as greater spec as you can afford. AMD based systems tend to be cheaper than Intel and you can put together a resonable gaming PC for around £500. The AMD APU (desktop versions) are good for budget gaming PC's such as an AMD A8 /A10. Their current top end chip is the A10-7850K which you can find for £135 online. The CPU and GPU are on the same chip and they offer the ability to fit a better graphics card into a PCI-E slot at a later date to improve performance.

If you have a bigger budget and choose the AMD route I would go for an AMD FX CPU and seperate graphics card though. Looking at your previous posts I would guess your budget is around £500 / $600.

Monitor - not required as you can connect your PC to a TV via HDMI and use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Now gaming laptops are something different entirely - I personally don't like them as you have to spend a lot of money to get a decent spec one and they are tricky to upgrade. If you are not sure about PC hardware and are not sure about self-building I'd try some of the system builders the others on the forum suggested.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts