• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
What bare minimum specs do I need to run skyrim on the PC I am playing on 360 currently but really want to make te switch to PC

Aren Direfrost... Witchhunter

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
What's your current build?

Most importantly: the CPU, GPU, RAM.

Preferably you would like at least a quad-core CPU, a dual core could run it okay if the other parts are really high on the list.

GPU: Preferably a GTX 400 series or better or HD5850 or better
RAM: at least 4GB, obviously more is better.

Here's what I'm working with right now

Microprocessor
1.3GHz AMD E-300 Accelerated Processor

Memory
2GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

Video Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6310 Discrete-Class graphics

Hard Drive
320GB 5400RPM hard drive

Power
65W AC adapter
6-cell 47WHr 2.2 Ah lithium-ion battery

Are there any improvements I can make to this one or would it be easier/cheaper to just buy a new one

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Not too likely will it work. Probably a new system is going to be your answer. It's doubtful the current specs might be able to run the game at the lowest graphics settings, but even if it did, the performance will be weak and likely will not come near the 360 version you having been playing.

With it being a laptop, the amount you could upgrade is fairly limited though even if it were a desktop, upgrades to get the best out of what you have is likely about the same as going with something new, especially since parts prices keeping coming down.

Return on investment would suggest getting a new one.

Any advice on what I might go with or websites specialized for this stuff sorry I'm extremely new to PC gaming I have only ever played LOL on PC

Clau

The Fateless One

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
If you need help with parts or have to ask questions, this is probably your best bet for getting help

http://www.tomshardware.com/

When you decide to buy parts, Amazon is a good website to get okayish deals on part (Best deals seem to be SSDs and monitors, at least for me)

Another website when you are buying parts, best deals and probably the cheapest on the web is NewEgg.

I would HIGHLY recommend building it yourself, it's cheaper (roughly 200-400) then getting companies such as iBuyPower, Ironside Computers, ect, to build them for you. Plus you are guaranteeing that everything is correct and not sloppily built.

Sidenote- If you do decided to go with building it yourself, stay away from liquid cooling. There are good risks that the coolant could spill inside your machine and ruin everything. Good cable management, good fans, good heatsinks and a good case should give you all the airflow you need to keep things cool.

Thanks for the advice guys :) I have a buddy who has a masters in computer engineering so as far as assembly ill prop baby get him to walk me through it an make sure i don't screw anything up :D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Thanks for the advice guys :) I have a buddy who has a masters in computer engineering so as far as assembly ill prop baby get him to walk me through it an make sure i don't screw anything up :D

That's the way to go. You get more system for your money, many times it's way more system for the money.

Do you think these graphic cards would be sufficient

Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1066 MT/s (PC3-8500) CL7 SODIMM 204-Pin Notebook Memory Modules CT2CP51264BC1067

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I actually have links for 4 great PCs that my builder friend put together for me (she checked all the specs on it and OPd them). They're all under 600USD.

If you want I can post the links but don't want to seem to be advertising for anybody. Otherwise, just let me know and I'll email the links to you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts