• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Mine is the name of a Japanese weapon used by the samurai in feudal Japan... ever since I saw it featured on the show Deadliest Warrior, I've used it as my username on everything since I really like Japanese culture and history :)

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Veteran Battlefield 2 player answering to the nickname of Forz, was barely 15 when I picked it up, after trying to find a suitable nickname. Been called this for years and if the name was already taken I'd go for Mr.Forz. In the end I directly went for the latter when going for new games or sites. :p

Chadonraz

My username has three parts, although it may not seem like it.
Those three parts come from the names of three of my favourite TV/game characters. Two are from different TV shows, while the third is from a PC game. :D

(I came up with this usernames long before Skyrim even came out; this forum is not the first - or only - site where I go by this name.) :)

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
I've grown up gaming, starting with games like FirePower and Silent Service. Due to a dark period in my life I ended up with an Apple computer as my primary system (i.e. my Uncle gave my dad his old computer). At the same time as I was being indoctrinated into the Apple cult and given the appropriate smug looks and haughty attitude due to my "clearly superior machine", I was also discovering the barren wasteland that was the Apple gaming section in the local stores. Undeterred (due to my "clearly superior machine") I forged ahead playing the pitiful scraps of games offered to the "more intelligent" of computer users. Eventually, I stumbled upon a demo of the single most awesome of Apple games to ever exist: Marathon. I played the demo for months, learning every nuance of the free level. Finally, I obtained the full game and played it relentlessly enjoying the storyline more than any game previous. Being short on cash, I missed the second release: Marathon 2: Durandal. However, when Marathon Infinity was released I bought the box-set which contained all 3. After saving the world. . .no, the universe several times over it was firmly and eternally placed in my memory as one of the greatest gaming experiences to date. I even went on to create a number of levels using the provided tools to be played between myself and my brother.

Skip forward a number of years, I've since reformed my haughty Apple attitude and actively avoid Apple (6 "a" words in a row - try that on for size!) products in retaliation. However, Marathon still remains in that beloved place in my mind. As such, when I needed an obscure username which was unlikely to be taken I leaned back on my extensive Marathon lore knowledge and released the W'rkncacnter from the sun of Lh'owon.

In case anyone was wondering, Marathon's source code was released a while ago so if you wanted in on some old school gaming (Apple not required) you can get it for free HERE. It was made by Bungie (same developer that ended up making HALO). Word of caution: games considered awesome 20 years ago may not be quite so awesome in light of current generation games. . .

Wow, I'm old. . .

My D&D group decided everyone needed a nickname and gave me the name 'Squirrel Master D' because my first name starts with a 'D'. Over the 6 years or so we've played together, it evolved to 'Squirrel Master' and eventually just 'Squirrel' - mostly from laziness, I think. I just dressed it up a bit and started using it for forums and the like.

The username I used to default to was a combination of mine and my husband's initials and the date of our anniversary - stdt0214. In addition to lacking any creativity, numerous individuals pointed out that it contained 'std' and that's all people seemed to see. Needless to say, I've been much happier with my current username.

Parselmagic

Remember parseltongue from Harry Potter? I loved that, and had hoped Harry would use it a lot more than he did. If I had parseltongue I would talk to snakes as often as possible! Sadly he barely used the amazing ability at all. So now for online usernames, I use parselmagic; Because reptiles are cool and I like to play mage characters.

Rimfaxe96

Back when the lil' girl was still present I collected these Bella Sara horsey picture cards. When cleaning my room one day I saw one fell out of the album; it was the card of the horse Rimfaxe. Thought it sounded cool and used it basically wherever in the internet I went ever since.

Some googling also showed that this horse didn't originate just from some game card, but rather a horse of the Nordic mythology; Rimfaxe (originally Hrimfaxi) bringing night upon the world, while his counterpart Skinfaxe brought the daylight.
Made me love my username even more and got me quite pissed when it was already in use in TESO. >_>

I thought this was your own take on Shadowfax, Gandalf's horse from Lord of the Rings. Even though I knew Shadowfax was based off Hrimfaxi and Skinfaxi... I never put it together. And after Googling Rimfaxe, I've learned that this is the Swedish spelling of Hrimfaxi. http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimfaxe

Hehe, I knew Shadowfax would be mentioned here. :D
But no, I never really got into the Lord of The Ring series (except for the movie soundtrack "Twin Towers", epic stuff), but I did find out about him when looking for horse scenes for video editing purposes. Was quite disappointed that the script writers of the movie degraded two divine creatures into the "Lord of all Horses" though.

SaveVsBedWet

LOL. I think mine is pretty self explanatory. Everyone familiar with D&D remembers saving throws and how they were listed in Player's Handbook and other locations. It was always Save vs. Magic or Save vs. Paralysis or something.

I thought a much more challenging saving throw that everyone fails with some regularity no matter what type of a character they have and what racial or class based bonuses they have is a good old save vs. wetting the bed. If only such things could be avoided by a critical 1d20 throw...

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Mine came about long ago in one of the Elder Scrolls games back when the Redguard basis was more ancient Asian warrior than the later Middle-East/African basis that it is today. The character isn't really the same as it was way back whenever thought there are similarities, but I always thought the name sounded cool and worked for my creation. There have been several variations on it in a couple RPG's over time.

The ancient Yokudan Ansei warrior class was very much derived from samurai history which I've always found fascinating. I've found that part of TES lore some of the most interesting and thus my most developed character typically has some tie to that past.

The name follows the standard Japanese family name-given name order, thus the "westernized" version would be Kasai Raido. Both names are Japanese in origin.

Kasai = fire (technically a raging inferno type of fire)
Raido = rider

The name is a play both on the elemental basis for magic and enchantment tendencies (fire based) as well as the more figurative of a fiery personality. In both cases, each are a potentially destructive force if unchecked, but if one has the skill to control each, then each can be a useful power if used properly, though it is a difficult power to master in either case.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Origins you say? Well, I have three different ones regarding the current username. There once was a time when there were only Futurama re-runs; it was before Matt Groening made a new season for it. I was a fan of that show and still am today. One of my favorite characters was a psychotic scientist known as Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth.

I took that inspiration to make my former username, which was something like ProfCheslieFarnsworthIII. In my senior year of high school, a friend and I shared a common interest in the art of trolling. His troll name was King Nothing while mine was Professor Cheslie Farnsworth the third.

Skalvar came into play sometime during my hiatus from the forums. At the time, I think I was looking at the UESP for name ideas I could use for my Argonian character. I liked the name so much that I used it for a Skyrim fan-site I used to be a part of. Then I asked Rayven to change it to what my username is now months afterwards.

It feels weird being called Skalvar again after being inactive for as long as I have. Now I'm usually called Skally by friends in the Skype group.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I've since reformed my haughty Apple attitude and actively avoid Apple (6 "a" words in a row - try that on for size!)
I like the word "haughty" better than "arrogant" but the latter would have given you a 7th 'a' word.

Excellent work either way though.

And for the record, I am going to try out Marathon. Something neat to be said for classics in a time where you couldn't hide behind the snazziest graphics. I like older cinema for similar reasons.

Evil Renegader

Im not Renegader. im a Troll.
Renegader is the origin of this profile... a long time ago i decided to join the forums as a guy named Rebel (i wanted to stalk Rengaders posts and troll him but i tried to change my name to Evil Renegader but Ray Ray say no no) so then i changed my name to Assassin because i was a full on nocternual guy on Skyrim :p and i kinda liked Assassins Creed :p. after that i became hooked on the game called Deadpool, i read most comics that featured him.. but cause i got bored i kinda created another profile called Evil Renegader and yeah :p....

im @deadpoo

Ivory

Let's Player
Mine's a bit of a personal reason. I got very, very sick, gave up on myself for years until a group offered me a chance and I took it, met two of my best friends, one of whom literally saved my life twice, both financially and mentally expecting nothing in return from me except that I keep trying to be, or do something with myself. And about... what, around the time I joined is when I decided I would start life with a clean slate. As clean as an Ivory marble slate and well, boom there you go.

I even have overcome most of my illness too, save for an odd day here and there and I'm hopefully someday going to be a Youtuber. At least, I hope so. Got 14 subs at the time of this posting.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll look back on this with many more. That would be pretty surreal.

DustyMayFire

Skyforge apprentice
DustyMayFire: My name is Dustin. Dusty is my nickname from when I played sports. The MayFire part is part of the name of my favorite band, Memphis May Fire. They're a metalcore band out of Dallas, Texas. I'd like to say their music helped me turn my life around. My picture is also from the cover of one of their albums, Challenger, released in 2012.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
You totally started this thread because we swapped dragon names! XD

I always go by one of two names. Tracker947 or Gidian.

Tracker was the name of a German Shepherd puppy that followed me EVERYWHERE for about a year.

Gidian, because Gideon is one of the only Angel's I remember, he is a guardian angel, and... when I was around four our family had a German Shepherd named Gideon (but we spelled it Gidian). Not to mention I (or at least I like to think I am) somewhat of a Guardian myself. The greatest thing a person can do is sacrifice for the sake of others, or at least it is in my mind. I don't quite have the skill set for it though, and I tend to be forgetful. If my name was that of a guardian angel, I figured it would help me remember.

And finally, Tracker Jack. That is an inside joke. (What? You thought I'd actually explain it to you? XD)

Naglfar

I'm terrible at deciding things, or maybe I'm not. So I've had numerous names in different places. So I really just ran my finger down the page at a Norse Mythology website and choose Naglfar or Naglfari as it was. Which is a ship made of toe nails and finger nails that ferried the dead to Ragnarok.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Mine's a bit of a personal reason. I got very, very sick, gave up on myself for years until a group offered me a chance and I took it, met two of my best friends, one of whom literally saved my life twice, both financially and mentally expecting nothing in return from me except that I keep trying to be, or do something with myself. And about... what, around the time I joined is when I decided I would start life with a clean slate. As clean as an Ivory marble slate and well, boom there you go.

I even have overcome most of my illness too, save for an odd day here and there and I'm hopefully someday going to be a Youtuber. At least, I hope so. Got 14 subs at the time of this posting.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll look back on this with many more. That would be pretty surreal.
Glad you had and took advantage of the opportunity to reset and move forward. Your past sounds much like a close friend who had all kinds of issues hit him at once. The main thing was health-related and he couldn't eat or drink much of anything w/o it coming back up. It took the doctors a long time for them to diagnose his condition. Ultimately he had to have a gastric pacemaker put in and now he no longer has any symptoms. For a year or so prior he was in a very bad place physically and emotionally and our group of friends would do whatever we could, but none of us would have been surprised during all of that if he tried or succeeded taking his own life. His sickness beat him down hard. He got down to about 130 lbs at his lowest and he's 6'3"

Having been on the giving side of that scenario, the only payback I wanted was him to continue battling it and not give in to the darkness. That's all friends would ask.

Ivory

Let's Player
Having been on the giving side of that scenario, the only payback I wanted was him to continue battling it and not give in to the darkness. That's what friends do.

There needs to be more people like you in the world. You'd be surprised at how many people will abandon someone in a dark place when they are unhealthy because they just don't understand what is happening. Not that I blame them, but to have friends that would stick by me during what I had to endure (And still do to this day) saved my life. Keep being a badass friend and a model human being man. It's people like you who save people like me. Massive respect man.

People say the best medicine is laughter or a smile, but honestly, from an ill person's point of view? Attention and loyalty no matter how dark things get is truly it. Granted, not everyone can be saved or protected, but for those who wanted the help? Nothing means more to us. Trust me.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Having been on the giving side of that scenario, the only payback I wanted was him to continue battling it and not give in to the darkness. That's what friends do.

There needs to be more people like you in the world. You'd be surprised at how many people will abandon someone in a dark place when they are unhealthy because they just don't understand what is happening. Not that I blame them, but to have friends that would stick by me during what I had to endure (And still do to this day) saved my life. Keep being a badass friend and a model human being man. It's people like you who save people like me. Massive respect man.

People say the best medicine is laughter or a smile, but honestly, from an ill person's point of view? Attention and loyalty no matter how dark things get is truly it. Granted, not everyone can be saved or protected, but for those who wanted the help? Nothing means more to us. Trust me.
Thanks for the kind words.

To me, a friend is a person that is a friend during the highest highs and the lowest lows. It's simple to be the former, much harder to be the latter.

I too must sadly agree that there are too few of the people that would be good enough friends not to just walk away. If you have some people around you that do stand by you during those times, grab a hold of them and never let them go.

I'll make you a promise that I will do my best to not stray from that ideal if you promise to keep walking down the path your life is now taking you. Also, you never know when life will call on you to be on the other side of the helper/helpee situation, so be on the lookout for it.

And for the record, the "massive respect" flows both ways.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Damn. Went from plain jane usernames to some deep stuff. Love your story Ivory, keep it up.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Destroyer Devour Master is a literal translation of Alduin in the human tongue. Seeing as how Alduin is my favorite character from the Elder Scrolls and his name in the dragon language was already taken I settled for the closest thing.

rakkety

I took mine from a book in the redwall series back in 2009. Been using it ever since.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Well im english and for the national footie team are three lions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're young (I assume you were born in 2001), but I'll never understand why they give Gerrard the captain's band. I've always said Lampard should get it after Terry... and with him gone, Lampard should have been given the nod. I expect England to make it out of the group, at the very least. Probably can't beat Italy, but Uruguay and Costa Rica should be fair game.

Sorry, I've got the expected World Cup fever and can't help but bite at any opportunity to discuss. So are you born in 2001 and is that why you put that in your username? See how I brought that back around? :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts