• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Hey Everybody! I have been on these forums for a long time now, and I tell ya, I've seen a lot of interesting User Names on this site. So I wanted to make a thread that asked a simple question: Where does Your Username Come From? I'm very interested to see the answers to this question, and who knows, maybe it could make for an interesting discussion.

Example Answers from Yours Truely:

I've had 2 Usernames on this site, so let me explain both of them.

Lyron Dryearmitore: When I first joined this site, I was mainly interested in Skyrim, and Roleplaying. I looked at the forums for a long time, just reading over peoples different stories and characters revolving the Elder Scrolls world. I wanted to join it all, so I created my own character: Lyron Dryearmitore. He has since then been updated to be named Lyron Allunare, because his original Family name was pain to pronounce. Then, I started to get into the heavy lore within the Elder Scrolls Universe, and I decided to change my Username.

Specter of Death: (I'm going to be writing this from a unique perspective, so bare with me...)

Dismaying Shout - Faas: Nonvul Bron, dahmaan daar rok do fin Fodiiz Bormah - Faas ni Brendon do Dinok, fah rok los qolaas do moro, ahrk hin aak wah lot Sovngarde.

Dismaying Shout - Word 1; Fear: Noble Nord, remember these words of the Hoar Father - Fear not the Specter of Death, for he is the herald of glory, and your guide to great Sovngarde.

The Specter of Death. The Herald of Glory, and Guide to The Legendary Sovngarde. This ancient Dragon Scripture of sorts speaks of the one who guides us to death. He has been called many names in many different cultures: The Grim Reaper, The Embodiment of Death itself, Death, El Muerte, Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, He who Rides the Pale Horse etc. But one may wonder who this Specter of Death was before. Could he always have been this Undead Being, one who guides dead souls to the afterlife?

Some believe that he may have been a man before it all. A skilled assassin, unparalleled in his abilities. A man that single-handedly filled the Mead Hall of Sovngarde to it's capacity, and that his reputation in the After-Life is what earned him the title Specter of Death. And maybe, that it is what compelled the Divines, or whatever other worldly force, to draw him into another plane of existence: The Afterlife itself. Maybe now, he still holds his duty as the Specter of Death because his life previous. Or maybe, it is all just a myth. Yet, many can say that they have seen the Faceless, Hooded figure, on the Pale Horse over the aftermath of many wars, after funerals, and sites of death.

- I just Loved the Wall for the Word of Faas in the Dismaying Shout. So much that I Re-named myself the Specter of Death. I loved the Lore that the Grim Reaper held behind him, and I just decided that I would right a little something that explains who he may or may not have been.

JoeReese

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I don't know it's just a number based off terminator or something you know TX, other then that I don't really know how I even found this website... I must have stumbled across it one day

Rimfaxe96

Back when the lil' girl was still present I collected these Bella Sara horsey picture cards. When cleaning my room one day I saw one fell out of the album; it was the card of the horse Rimfaxe. Thought it sounded cool and used it basically wherever in the internet I went ever since.

Some googling also showed that this horse didn't originate just from some game card, but rather a horse of the Nordic mythology; Rimfaxe (originally Hrimfaxi) bringing night upon the world, while his counterpart Skinfaxe brought the daylight.
Made me love my username even more and got me quite pissed when it was already in use in TESO. >_>

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I like Greek mythology and I like Opeth...

004.jpg

LuChao

The Martial artist
mine comes from back when I was in middle school I was heavy in Dynasty Warriors and my 2 fav people were Lu Bu and Ma Chao which I typed it up on a site Ma Chao meant Virtuious Life and Lu Bu was Infinite Strength so I took them and made Lu Chao been using it since in mostly everything online based

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
That's the only way that I know of, and it's how I did it. I can't remember who you need to contact in order to do it. I would as AS88 who the right MOD is, and then you can ask them.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Back when the lil' girl was still present I collected these Bella Sara horsey picture cards. When cleaning my room one day I saw one fell out of the album; it was the card of the horse Rimfaxe. Thought it sounded cool and used it basically wherever in the internet I went ever since.

Some googling also showed that this horse didn't originate just from some game card, but rather a horse of the Nordic mythology; Rimfaxe (originally Hrimfaxi) bringing night upon the world, while his counterpart Skinfaxe brought the daylight.
Made me love my username even more and got me quite pissed when it was already in use in TESO. >_>

I thought this was your own take on Shadowfax, Gandalf's horse from Lord of the Rings. Even though I knew Shadowfax was based off Hrimfaxi and Skinfaxi... I never put it together. And after Googling Rimfaxe, I've learned that this is the Swedish spelling of Hrimfaxi. http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimfaxe

Mind blown.
tomsmindblown.gif

Meanwhile, my user name is a name I use often. This or some variation of it. I'm big into Viking Age history, Norse mythology, and so on and so forth. It explains why I love Skyrim as much as I do because it definitely hits all my soft spots. But yeah, Hildolfr or Hildulfr means "battle-wolf" in Old Norse. I believe it was used for Odin at some point. But that guy has like, 50+ names. It was also the name of my first character (and my second since my first was more of a playtest than anything). I prefer Hildolfr over Hildulfr because if you Google "hildolfr" you'll see that it has ties to my all time favorite science fiction series. I had been using it since before that specific installment came out, though. Just a happy coincidence.

JoeReese

Joe, you didn't explain your name... Unless [...] is explanation enough. :D
Well, you see (mysterious music) back when I was just a wee belly lump, my mom had entertained such names as Eric and even Samson. Fearing the potential repercussions, to include loss of all my future lunch money, my father swooped in and provided the hospital with his own name, while she slept. o_O

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Joe, you didn't explain your name... Unless [...] is explanation enough. :D
Well, you see (mysterious music) back when I was just a wee belly lump, my mom had entertained such names as Eric and even Samson. Fearing the potential repercussions, to include loss of all my future lunch money, my father swooped in and provided the hospital with his own name, while she slept. o_O

I don't know having a name like Samson and growing up brolic as hell sounds kinda cool. I wouldn't mess with someone like that.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
Well you see, my name goes way back.

There was a man named David, from David and Goliath. He was a small man taking on a giant in the bible, wether I was religious or not, I've always liked the story.

Athena.

Two things come up about her.

Athena

"Athena is the Greek virgin goddess of reason, intelligent activity, arts and literature. Athena is the daughter of Zeus. She sprang full grown in armour from his forehead, thus has no mother. She is fierce and brave in battle-" and such.

Another.

"Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill. She was the favorite child of Zeus. She had sprung fully grown out of her father's head. Her mother was Metis, goddess of wisdom and Zeus' first wife. In fear that Metis would bear a son mightier than himself. Zeus swallowed her and she began to make a robe and helmet for her daughter. The hammering of the helmet caused Zeus great pain in the form of headaches and he cried out in agony. Skilled Hephaestus ran to his father and split his skull open and from it emerged Athena, fully grown and wearing her mother's robe and helmet. She is the virgin mother of Erichthnonius."

Now how does this relate to my username? Let's continue.

Rocky.

One of my all time favorite movie series, the wrestling movies.

Yoda.
Yoda from star wars, is more definition needed?

Loki.
Oh Loki, my favorite 'god' from Marvel. Yes, I know in real life he is in mythology. I am thinking of the comics though.

Now add all these up, the first letter of these hero's and heroine, with a bit of villain, we get Daryl.

Daryl? Daryl Dixon, my favorite character on the walking dead. It also so happens if you get the first letter of all my previous fav's and arrange them in a certain order it spells out DARYL.

Boom.
I added Dixon and became Daryl Dixon.

In all honesty, no, I just like Daryl Dixon. The others that can make up Daryl with their first letters were only just then thought of, I love the walking dead and that's that. Named it after one of the characters.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts