Opinions on the Dragonborn having a story after Skryim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lewsean

One of the random lines given if you talk to all the "Hero of Sovngarde" NPCs in Sovngarde is: "Hail Dragonborn. That honour is also mine. To our shared birthright you bring new glory." So there are certainly Dragonborns present at Sovngarde. Come to think of it, if you are willing to spend half an hour running around all the NPCs in Sovngarde pressing E until the random dialogue generator decides to use that line you can make ALL the heroes in Sovngarde Dragonborn.

I'm not really sure you can write off Miraak just because you believe he contradicts the lore. It's pretty hard to get around the fact that he featured prominently in the DLC. I don't think it matters how much thought was put into Miraak before he was tossed into the game. Tossed he was and Elder Scrolls lore is stuck with him now. You don't have to like it, but Miraak really can't be ignored when discussing Dragonborns in history.
But the PC in Skyrim isn't just a Dragonborn, he's a Shezzarine & Dragonborn, both the aspect of Shor & Akatosh.. The first to claim such a title was Talos, who went on to become the most famous man in history(Pelinal is assumed to be Dragonborn too, aswell as Shezzarine). Shezzarine are THE champions of men, destined to save them, the only unique threat to men so far is the Thalmor.. So he HAS to have an impact after the game.

Last edited:

Commodus

I'd love to kill the Dragonborn, and have the game recognise your old Skyrim save file, and spawn the Dragonborn accroding to the model you last played as.
I enjoy the idea of the old heroes being given ignominious ends.