Once, just once, let's have a rational discussion about incest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mookie

I never said I supported incest. I'm just against banning it. Pretty much every argument against it is already allowed outside the family. Siblings already create bad home environments and marry people who could pass on a genetic disability. The only times people make a big deal about that stuff is when it's with each other. So that pretty much makes society hypocritical, which I don't like.
As for "It's always been that way, they must have a good reason", when has anything good ever come from that thinking? Really, look at a history book. Anytime that was the basis of an argument, it's pretty much a sign that it's a weak one.

Question 1: Do you like sex?
Question 2: On scale 1-10 how important is it to you?
Question 3: Under which cicruimstances would you give up or refuse sex?

FullmetalHeart20

Question 1: Do you like sex?
Question 2: On scale 1-10 how important is it to you?
Question 3: Under which cicruimstances would you give up or refuse sex?
That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter what my views on sex are. It says nothing about yours, or the next guys, or the next guys. The fact is some people want to have sex with their siblings, and the driving force against that seems to be tradition and hate. Does that remind you of something? Certain groups that also use that mentality?
But if you insist on answers...
1. Yes
2. 8. Right behind peace, money, and social bonds.
3. I they were older than their 20's, balding, overweight, or my brother. We could still be friends though.

Mookie

That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter what my views on sex are. It says nothing about yours, or the next guys, or the next guys. The fact is some people want to have sex with their siblings, and the driving force against that seems to be tradition and hate. Does that remind you of something? Certain groups that also use that mentality?
But if you insist on answers...
1. Yes
2. 8. Right behind peace, money, and social bonds.
3. I they were older than their 20's, balding, overweight, or my brother. We could still be friends though.

It has a lot to do with human evolution.
Why do you think you have problem with balding, overweight or sibling sex?

FullmetalHeart20

It has a lot to do with human evolution.
Why do you think you have problem with balding, overweight or sibling sex?
Are you just going to throw terms like evolution around without bringing up a practical concern with incest? And I mean one that isn't accepted anyway as long as they're 4th cousins.

Mookie

Are you just going to throw terms like evolution around without bringing up a practical concern with incest? And I mean one that isn't accepted anyway as long as they're 4th cousins.

My previous posts in which I told that people gave up on it has nothing to do with morality or anything like that. It has to do with evolution. Same with those other questions. Now please answer.

FullmetalHeart20

My previous posts in which I told that people gave up on it has nothing to do with morality or anything like that. It has to do with evolution. Same with those other questions. Now please answer.
Answer what? Those three at the beginning of the page? I already did. What you have failed to answer is how a decision hundreds of years ago to make incest taboo justifies it today.

Mookie

Answer what? Those three at the beginning of the page? I already did. What you have failed to answer is how a decision hundreds of years ago to make incest taboo justifies it today.

Not hundreds of years, hundreds of thousands of years for men, tens of milions of years for other animals.
It was done for a reason. A decision to not jump of a 300 ft cliff was made milions of years ago, why does it hold ground today?

FullmetalHeart20

Not hundreds of years, hundreds of thousands of years for men, tens of milions of years for other animals.
It was done for a reason. A decision to not jump of a 300 ft cliff was made milions of years ago, why does it hold ground today?
Do I need to give you a lesson in European and Egyptian royalty? You clearly don't know what your talking about if you think this taboo is as old as Homo sapiens themselves. And what's with the analogy? Does comparing something to suicide automatically make it worse?

Mookie

Do I need to give you a lesson in European and Egyptian royalty? You clearly don't know what your talking about if you think this taboo is as old as Homo sapiens themselves. And what's with the analogy? Does comparing something to suicide automatically make it worse?

Egyptian royalties had sibling marriages which resulted in deformities. From physical to psichological. Most prominent physical deformity which was developed trough years of such relations is a characteristic overbite.
Combined with weakness to disease, childhood deaths and mental ilneses. Dont take it so personal. I mean if you wanna do a treesome with your parents sure. I mean its none of my business. Hell even put it on internet if you want. You asked me why, I give you answers, suported by antropology, sociology and medicine. And then you refuse them all because you dont like them.
What is the point of asking then?

FullmetalHeart20

They were pressured to inbreed for multiple generations. That's like pointing to the KKK and saying "whites are murdering racists". You could say it's the worst case scenario. It's rare to find one generation of consensual incest between siblings, let alone a whole line.

Mookie

They were pressured to inbreed for multiple generations. That's like pointing to the KKK and saying "whites are murdering racists". You could say it's the worst case scenario. It's rare to find one generation of consensual incest between siblings, let alone a whole line.

They werent forced. It was a way of preserving their divine origin!
They believed in it, their subjects believed it and they did it for thousands of years

FullmetalHeart20

They werent forced. It was a way of preserving their divine origin!
They believed in it, their subjects believed it and they did it for thousands of years
That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't necessarily their choice. There's a difference between what they did and a choice.
However, if you're so concerned with genetic health, please don't stop at incest. Get a job in gene therapy, or make it illegal for carriers of genetic diseases to have children. If you are unconcerned with these things, you may want to examine your reasons.

Mookie

That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't necessarily their choice. There's a difference between what they did and a choice.
However, if you're so concerned with genetic health, please don't stop at incest. Get a job in gene therapy, or make it illegal for carriers of genetic diseases to have children. If you are unconcerned with these things, you may want to examine your reasons.

It is not up to me to make those decisions.
What could my reasons be, clarify that please?

FullmetalHeart20

It is not up to me to make those decisions.
What could my reasons be, clarify that please?
I mean you reasons for caring about how incest affects genetics, and how this passion doesn't seem to apply to any other ways those chromosomes can be messed up. Or are you just as disgusted when two people with a high chance of passing a defect have a child?

Mookie

I mean you reasons for caring about how incest affects genetics, and how this passion doesn't seem to apply to any other ways those chromosomes can be messed up. Or are you just as disgusted when two people with a high chance of passing a defect have a child?

Depends, in long term it could destroy entire human population if it becomes widespread and accepted.