Private Oblivion Falls on Skyrim [OFS]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    As Andre's hearing began to come back to a buzzing normality, he heared Venator's footsteps beside him. Then his voice, "My friend, I'm very glad you're alive, but that charge was slightly suicidal. Please don't do something that rash again. Burying a friend is something I'd regret having to do again."

"Ho ho! I had to give Sk'Raazda some kind of opening I think. Wont happen again Venator. You have my word!" Andre laughed, his ribs slightly soar. It was over. He heard Sk'Raazda using healing spells on the injured around them and felt relieved. Soon they would be back in Whiterun having a drink and talking about this like it was just a memory. But what did the hooded man mean?

"I have questions about these events Venator." He said softly, and grimly to his companion, "I would like answers. Are you with me?" He didn't wait for an answer. He already knew the answer. Andre started walking toward where Sk'Raazda was healing Ji'Darro's wounds.

"Do you think you can walk Khajiit friend?" Andre smiled down at the pair, offering out his hand, "Here, I will help you. I would like to get back to Whiterun; perhaps warn the Jarl about this."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda took Ji'Darro's other hand and helped heave him to his feet. She looked over to Andre nodding her agreement. "The Jarl must be informed immediately." She urged glancing towards the exit before walking over to Faleon and examining his wounds. She started up her busy magic on the spots that looked the worst for wear and then offered him her hand like she had Ji'Darro earlier.

"Forgive my impoliteness earlier this evening, you understand Sk'Raazda's misgivings at first, yes?" She whispered to him as she pulled him up. She patted him on the back lightly and smiled before turning to the rest of the group.

"We should head out now before it gets too much darker." She announced grabbing her dagger and sword off the dusty, blood-soaked ground and sheathing them. She rested her hand on the hilt as she waited for the others.

*Some time later on the steps leading to Dragonsreach*

Andre took in a sharp breath of the cold night air as he trudged up the last few steps toward where the Jarl was; probably sleeping. The urgency in his heart made him wish he could run, burst into the Jarl's quarters and shout what he knew at the top of his lungs. But his legs wouldn't carry him any faster than this slow march, and Ji'Darro was barely walking.

A guard said something about sweat-rolls in passing. Andre ignored him, and instead addressed the group walking behind him, "So, who want's to do the talking here? I'm not one for words, but if I must, I will relate the events we witnessed to 'His-Jarlness'" Andre smiled larger than he felt like he had in ages, "Ho ho! I doubt he will be to happy that we are waking him from his beauty rest also, friends." With that, Andre forced open the doors to the palace and walked in; the familiar sounds of fire crackling warmly eased his troubles for a moment.

Then he turned in the direction that he thought the Jarl's bedroom was located. "My senses are a bit dull," Andre rubbed his forehead a bit, "somebody please make sure I don't run into any walls!"

Sal the dragontamer

The best dragon-tamer there is!
    Faleon walked behind the group in silent thinking.He was thinking about how useless he had been in battle and after wards too.H barely heard Andres comment and had barely had half a mind to reply "I will.".

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    Venator quickly grabbed his friend by the shoulder and guided him around the pillar that he had nearlly walked into. Hearing Faleon, he responded, "Well Faleon, you are probablly the most suited to relate our tale to the Jarl. He's more accepting than most nords, though he still is a it biased. I think it would be best if he heard it from a man." Releasing Andre, since there else nothing else to run into, and he was going the right direction, he added, "and if you can get it out of him, some coin to replace lost equipment would be nice."

Sal the dragontamer

"Sounds like a plan, although i must say i am not good at public speaking." said Faleon. As they reached DragonsReach Faleon stepped forward to open the door for Andre.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'raazda huffed as Venator mentioned the part about the Jarl hearing the news from a man. Man, woman, the only difference is body parts...she thought to herself as they continued up the wide walkway towards the elaborate dining tables above the wooden set of stairs ahead. She could hear a large fire crackling happily and voices murmuring, probably gossip, to each other as they sat unaware of the danger that had taken place not too far off from their happy-go-lucky dinner.

A guard looked curiously at them and then started forward to stop them with his gloved hand outstretched.

"Halt, what is your business travelers?"

"We are here to see the Jarl about urgent matters, sir." She stopped, listening to her words for a moment, then added, "It is of the utmost importance, so if you would so kindly let us pass, and speak, we would swiftly be on our way." She closed her mouth, keeping her tail still as it urged to flick to and fro.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator grabbed Faleon and pulled him with him as he walked past the guard without saying anything. Approaching the Jarl and his housecarl directly he presented them and said, "Jarl Balgruf, this man has come to report an event that very well could threaten our entire hold." He then stepped back to the rest of the group and gave Faleon room to speak. To explain himself he muttered to Sk'raazda, "If we had waited for the guard, we woud have had to explain to him, the captain of the guard, the steward, and the housecarl before speaking to the Jarl at all." He hoped that Faleon would pull this off.

Sal the dragontamer

Faleon turned and glared at Venator, but quickly turned his attention back to the Jarl. "Jarl Balgruff,"he began"we have urgent news that needs your attention.". Faleon quickly fell into detail about the strange man who gave them the same contract, how they met, the battle and the eerie message left by the mysterious hooded man. Faleon took a deep breath and said "So you see your Excellency, that is why we stand before you now.". He took a step back and waited for the jarl to respond after he had sat there in complete silence through the whole story.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda held her hands up and shrugged in a "my bad" gesture as she tried hard not to show how her blunder affected her. The Jarl rubbed his scruffy chin while he contemplated his words. The guard who had attempted to stop them earlier came up behind them now , his sword drawn. The Jarl held up his other hand to him, halting his advance.

"Return to your post. These newcomers wish me no harm." The Jarl's voice was thick with a strange accent that Sk'Raazda had trouble deciphering in her tall ears. The Jarl waited while the guard hesitantly retreated before continuing.

"I have feared something like this would happen ever since hearing word of what happened to Cyrodill." He paused, rubbing his eyes. "Talk to my steward about coin to replace anything you may have lost." He paused again, thinking. "While you're here we will give you proper lodging for the night to regroup your bearings."

Andre couldn't help but chuckle as he heard the scuffling sounds of Venator dragging Faleon toward the Jarl. He could almost hear the young man's knees knocking together nervously. Then, he grew some courage, cleared his throat and told the Jarl about everything.

"Perhaps I should have played the Jarl a song about our journeys." Andre leaned over and said softly to Venator after Faleon had gone on for some time, "The boy is beginning to bore me." But just as Andre had finished, so had Faleon completed his tale.

The Jarl addressed them all, a quiver of fear in his voice. He told them that they would be repayed for anything this endeavor had cost them. He told them they would be given lodging for the night. Andre was furious as he rubbed the still tender part of his neck. His heartbeat raced as he remembered how near to death they all had been on several occassions.

Andre couldn't hold himself any longer, "Payment? Lodging? Oh thank you high and mighty Jarl for your generosity!" His spiteful sarcasm was not missed by his companions who seemed to let out a collective gasp at his actions. His senses came into a great focus as the veins in his leathery neck began to bulge, "We nearly lost our lives for the sake of your hold, and you expect us to stand idly by? I would expect some plan of action, and I would expect to be included in this! And yet, we are treated like pawns!"

Balgruf reminded Andre of his father, and this made him angry. He sat there on his throne, treating them group like children. Andre began to calm himself a bit. "I do not want your money sir, thank you." Andre bowed slightly. "I'm going to the Bannered Mare for a drink if anyone would like to join me." And with that, he stormed out of Dragonsreach.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator had to hold back a laugh at Andre's song comment and watched as he erupted about the lack of planning before he stormed out. Deciding that he would rather drink with his friend than deal with the Jarl's court, Venator stepped forward and addressed the Jarl, "Balgruf, I thank you for hearing us out and I appreciate the concessions, however my rather angry companion is right. Tommorow after we've rested we will be back, and I fully expect you to fill us in. You still owe me a favor, and taking this seriously is wat I want." Turning to walk out he said to the group, "I say we join Andre, I'll meet you all there, I need to go to the huntsman and buy a bow. Ji'darro, I expect you to stick around long enough for me to buy you a drink." Then he walked out of Dragonsreach and towards his preffered bar.

Sal the dragontamer

Faleon quickly realized that he was one of three left and the other two were khajit. Faleon stood there for a while and said "Well,since your offering Jarl Balgruff I could use a new bow and about twenty arrows.....oh and a new sword and sheild.". He really did need all of that but after him and his friends had almost DIED he might as well ask for help. He then turned to Sk'raazda and Ji'darro and said "I' will go find Andre.''

A little later he found Andre in the Bannered Mare and walked up to him. When he got there he asked "What was the explosion of fury about back there?"

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda glowered at the Jarl, "Pig," she spat at him, "you're just like the others. You will share your thoughts eventually..." She glanced to Ji'Darro before following the others' example in a rush of electric anger.

Brumon The Third

Battlemage from Cyrodiil
    Brumon was so lost on his thoughts that when he saw, he was the only one of the group that was still in the Dragonsreach, he looked up to the Jarl, that was going to explode in fury (because of the early comments of his friends), and said "I think it´s better if I go with them, bye", after that, Brumon ran to the exit and closed the door before the Jarl started to say words that I don´t think I can write here.

"Ok, I need to gather the book from my home and talk to the others about the Order" thought Brumon while heading to his house near the castle.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Walking into the drunken huntsman, Venator was greeted by his old friend with a familiar, "You look like you've been to oblivion and back half breed, did a rabbit get the better of you?" Venator just smiled before he responded, "First of all, that rabbit was being controlled by a mage and the damn thing was FAST!, and secondly I need two elven bows, and you're the only person I know who sells them." He payed for the bows and was about to dash out before he was questioned about his last bow when suddenly the world shook with a horrific sound, as if the world was being torn asunder. Worrying for his new friends, he rushed outside to witness the horror that the cloaked man had represented......

Andre was sitting in the Bannared Mare, already half drunk on a few glasses of mead, waiting for one of his friends to show up. In his lap, perched haphazardly, was his lute. Its wooden body and strings seemed the same as he had left them; like the dark memories racing through his mind were nothing but nightmares. He tried, drunkenly, to tune the strings. The ring of it comforted him.

He played one chord and the ground beneath his feet shook with such force that some bottles flew off the shelves and Saadia almost fell into his lap. "Ho ho! I believe I've put a new meaning on the phrase power chord, Saadia my dear." he laughed as he helped her back to her feet, "Would you be so kind as to bring me another mead?"

The young woman smiled at him, seemingly unsure if he was serious. Just then the door to the tavern burst open and the young Battle-Born runt came scurrying in. He was out of breath, "Come quick! Something is happening outside! Something bad!" He ran over to the corner of the room, to Uthgerd, to wake her from her drunken stupor.

"Hold that mead for me, will you Saadia?" Andre was picking up his spear and sheild, trying to shake himself sober, "I'll be back in no time." With that, he ran for the door, unsure of what he would find on the other side.

Sal the dragontamer

Faleon had given up on getting a answer out of Andre.He had been out for sometime and was about to enter the Bannered Mare when IT appeared.He felt the ground shake and fell off the stairs.He heard the door to the tavern open and close and looked up.The thing was so grotesque and just plain hideous.He got up slowly and turned to see Andre come out of the tavern and said "Andre,ready for a fight?Because i think one's comin my friend.".

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda hurried down the Dragon's Reach steps towards the red glow in the sky. The normally dusk sky of Whiterun had clouded over, electric streams of violent scarlet streaked across the dark sky. It thundered loudly, shaking the wooden buildings and the citizens walking around the stalls in the market square. Occasionally, the red lightening would strike the ground, making the already shaken ground even more so. The air was heavy and pulsating with energy.

She stopped at the entrance to the market square staring in disbelief. Her delicate feline jaw hung ajar as she gaped at the figure before her. Nearly unrecognizable with the cloak's hood folded back neatly against his neck.

"My, my...Sk'Raazda thinks she may not sleep again in the future if this keeps up much longer." Her accent caressed her ears in a way that reminded her of how comfortably she trusted her own body's strength. Her eyes glittered in a confident fashion, the red light making her green eyes very bright, and she smiled as she looked at the lightly scarred skin of the formerly hooded man. His teeth were a slight yellow, not rotted like she had expected at all, and his eyes were a brilliant red that shone with evil intent. Just his gaze could pierce through her very being if he looked long enough with that wide eyed, disturbing smile. It was unsettling...but deep inside her mind, a tickle awakened a surprising smile to her lips and a throaty chuckle to her mouth. She raised her weapons slowly, This will be fun, she thought smugly, forgetting her uneasiness and remembering who she really was.

Brumon The Third

Battlemage from Cyrodiil
    Brumon was at his house looking for the book when he sensed the ground shook. "What the...oh no, I need to find that damn book fast!" said him while searching his book´s shelf. "Where it is?!" thought Brumon, he was hearing the screams outside, he needed to act quickly.

Then, an idea came to him. He put his right hand infront of his face and said "Clairvoyance!", at that moment, a green light appeared at his hand. In a second the light moved near his bed, glowing bright under it.

Brumon went to see under his bed and saw it, the book! "Finally" thought him, he picked the book and read its cover: "Light". He put the book at his hidden pocket and grabbed the steel sword near the door. "Let´s do this!" said Brumon while going outside.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts