• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Diego The Assassin

Thalmor Slaughterer.
Yeah I do this all the time, it's funner than being Dragon born! I'm going to start a new Roleplay of not being Dragon Born, and I'm writing a story about it.

Golgo_SPB

like not do the quest to unlock dragons? I've had a few characters like that it was quite refreshing especially when I don't have to worry about a hostile dragon flying around in a circle for 5 minutes

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I actually dislike being the Dragonborn. I'm so tired of playing the hero or the unique person all the time. I've not even finished the main quest! Haha. All my characters (aside from the very first one) have not even gone near starting the quest.

XbSuper

Makes the game so much better. Shouting is overrated, and dragons are just a pain in the butt. I started doing this after my 3rd or 4th character, and I've never looked back.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Yeah I've done the same until you reach certain points in other questlines that you just have to progress the main story... Civil War.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Definitely a better play through experience if you not the Dragonborn. I don't really like that feeling of being god-like. I mean on the first play through it was epic, but then you look for something different. I just wish there was an official option in the game to not be the Dragonborn. It really bugged me when I wanted to start a new character and play through the civil war quest that I HAD to start with the dragon quests for the Jarl of Whiterun.

Its like an annoying thing in the back of your mind. 'I am just an normal Imperial legion soldier... but when I shout people will fall off cliffs.'

KITTEH

Khajiit
I used to be a dragon born like you until my [rb] stopped working

Sindarin

Thanks to this I'm a retired legionaire before the civil war even ended, guess I'll do Companions even if you have to become a werewolf!
Not being dragonborn should be an option unlocked after completing main story. Or there should be one last quest to end dragon attacks!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I've done this on a couple characters, if not the bulk of them. It bugged me when Hadvar still called me Dragonborn during the Civil War. But now that I've come back to being Dragonborn, I must say that dragons flying around make travel extremely exciting.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Almost all of my characters are just normal guys. I rarely do a dragonborn playthrough, and when I do I just do the main quest, would the dragonborn who is trying to save the world, with a limited amount of time to work with, really waste his time randomly exploring or doing petty quests for random people?

Kuros

I started the main questline back in November, but only got as far as retrieving the horn for the Graybeards before deleting that character and making a mage and a slew of other characters to role-play. Never done anything else in the game, not even one completion of the storyline to this day.

Xarnac

Out of my (going on) 60 builds, I have one Dragonborn. Just like I only had one CoC, or one Nerevarine, despite having hundreds of other builds. Its more fun that way, and broadens the RPing medium. You can effectively start making characters that seem almost NPC like.

Edit: Except for my Legate build, he had to start the MQ as well to finish the Civil war, but yeah.

perkecet

quite a few of my 20+ characters have ignored the main quest as well. most of them, however, did at least start it to both get the civil war going, and to unlock random dragons.

KC95

Not being dragonborn is the best. Although I admit I like shouts a little too much the overall storyline is rather bland and dragons attacking you every time you step out of a city becomes tiresome after a while. I haven't done it after my first two characters.

It helps me believe my character is just badass on their own as oppose to being destined.

Sindarin

Since you had to complete dragon rising to continue the civil war questline, I did. You get the optional objective to use a shout, I never did.
It seems it had some affect as no one yet has recognized me as Dragonborn! I still hear rumors of "a" dragonborn! Only those who see you absorb the soul and the npcs by the jarl when you turn in the quest will call you dragonborn. Maybe you will be more recognized as you kill more dragons though, and they're kinda hard to ignore while they're breathing fire on you!

perkecet

^^after you kill the first dragon only the guards in whiterun will call you dragonborn "rumor is that you are..." is what they say. anywhere else the guards only talk about the graybeards summoning someone. this isn't effected by whether or not you use your shout.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts