• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KC95

Can someone explain to me why the civil war would need me to start the main quest? :confused:
Because the dragonborn quests begins with you warning the Jarl of Whiterun of the dragon attack at Helgen, but during the civil war questline you must go to the Jarl of Whiterun and present a war axe from Ulfric to symbolize an attack.... or something along those lines. The game won't allow you to to continue the civil war quest without first addressing the dragon attack.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You know this game is all about being the Dragonborn. You don't need to be the hero type. I always play the anti hero. I join the Dark Brotherhood as Dragonborn and I also join the thieves guild. I only join the companions because of RP reasons. I really don't play the hero status but I do enjoy having the extra set of powers that comes with the dragonborn. It saved me from getting killed several times.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I havent done that, but depending on how i am roleplaying my character i usually limit myself to only 2 or 3 shouts

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
My last three characters have all avoided the main quest for a long time. My current character (level 46) just now killed the dragon at the Western Watchtower. It's a lot more fun this way, since you don't have to worry about dragons bugging you all the time while you're trying to establish yourself in Skyrim. It is also more challenging to start that quest line late, since the dragons tend to be a lot tougher.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I'm a completionist so not often. But on oblivion i did rp a character who got arrested in anvil then escaped through a sewer grate in 1 of the cells doing the whole game as a wanted fugitive and starting a pirate crew through the theives den dlc, that was cool