No pregnant women in Skyrim -

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
.. and no babies, toddlers or anything below 120 cm for that matter.. Do they all jump out of their mothers flat stomac at the age of nine? Also, very few children. What will happen with Skyrim in the future when the elders are all gone?

And no one walks with a cane.. Everyone have there limbs in order. Is no one half eaten by a sabre cat?

also.. No sheep either. How do they make the wollen capes and dresses? Out of spider leg-hair?

I think I want to dedicate this thread to all the missing things in Skyrim. Just for fun:Dragonborn:

Small edition: Where have all the toilets gone? Maybe a Bard could make a song from that... The tale of the lost toilets.

Most likely due to the problems in skyrim is why you don't find many pregnants woman.

It is said that crippled people during those times were considered a nuisance and waste of time looking after, so were put out of there misery. those half eaten people died from loss of blood.

Sheep, in those days was a vital thing for people, they got milk from them and such, sheep can strive in many different lands and seasons.

people were rarely fat, these are days of poverty and hard labour. Otherwise those who couldn't afford food ate the fat people. ;)

This Is Skyrim, I wouldnt expect half the things expected to be in the game. This game has magic, fires in dungeons could be eternal, this game has gods that sometimes help, and demonic beings that ruin things.

You can find some toilets in places, like embershard mine, some places there are stools with buckets behind them.
Other than that people took a plops in the ground and buried it.

Nuff said.

Aniratak

THIS. I just might be overanalyzing here, but every time I go to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller and I find myself in that room with all the dining tables...honesty, who the hell brought all this cheese down here? Were the Draugrs about to have a wine tasting?

I wouldn't have minded a few more races of adoptable children...maybe some Mer or Khajiit children? Presumably everyone but the Nords stopped reproducing when they came to Skyrim.

I KNOW. The cheese! The god damn big cheese-wheels! I remember the first time I played the game I picked almost all of the cheesewheels in my first cave to gain HP. I thought they were a good option. Haha! And I also picked up the linen wraps! All the linen wraps I could find! Stupid Dragonborn. Walking around like a snail. "I need these magical Linnen wraps so bad! They are a vital key to my survival!"

I think the first time I went in to the misc inventory to throw things out I had like 20 buckets, 40 linen wraps, 100 wooden plates and so on. "Perhaps if I sell this rare items I will be rich!"

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I think the first time I went in to the misc inventory to throw things out I had like 20 buckets, 40 linen wraps, 100 wooden plates and so on. "Perhaps if I sell this rare items I will be rich!"

Lol nice :p My Nord somehow managed to pick up 22 baskets at one point. I found this out when I was in Windhelm joining the Stormcloaks. I was like "Oh hell no" and proceeded to throw them all on the floor in the Palace of the Kings, right in front of Ulfric Stormcloak's throne, and there they sat forevermore. Fun times. I think I threw a few brooms on the floor as well.

Aniratak

Lol nice :p My Nord somehow managed to pick up 22 baskets at one point. I found this out when I was in Windhelm joining the Stormcloaks. I was like "Oh hell no" and proceeded to throw them all on the floor in the Palace of the Kings, right in front of Ulfric Stormcloak's throne, and there they sat forevermore. Fun times. I think I threw a few brooms on the floor as well.

Haha. What is the cleaning lady there for? Perhaps she is on strike. In Dragonsreach she always complains about my muddy shoes. Bitter old woman...

One quick question: When somebody dies in a city, do the corpse ever go away? After I installed Dawnguard there were alot corpses everywhere after a while.. They just piled up, and I was getting tired of Whiterund turning into a graveyard and started to drag the corpses into hiding. "One in the bush over there.. Another one behind the smelter... One could perhaps go in the river.. I'll leave this guy behind these buckets...These guys could perhaps look like rocks if I put them like this.. One sitting leaned against the tree so he just looks like a drunk..." And so on.. After a while Whiterund was just like brand new! You just couldn't explore to much.

I think the most funny thing about it was when there had JUST been a vampire raid in Solitude. All the guards were fighting, and we managed to kill the vampires. But one of the guards was also killed. So right after the last Vampire was down, one of the guards turned around and said "What has happened here"? "Do you know anything about this? I'm gonna find who ever did this". Haha.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Haha. What is the cleaning lady there for? Perhaps she is on strike. In Dragonsreach she always complains about my muddy shoes. Bitter old woman...

One quick question: When somebody dies in a city, do the corpse ever go away? After I installed Dawnguard there were alot corpses everywhere after a while.. They just piled up, and I was getting tired of Whiterund turning into a graveyard and started to drag the corpses into hiding. "One in the bush over there.. Another one behind the smelter... One could perhaps go in the river.. I'll leave this guy behind these buckets...These guys could perhaps look like rocks if I put them like this.. One sitting leaned against the tree so he just looks like a drunk..." And so on.. After a while Whiterund was just like brand new! You just couldn't explore to much.

I think the most funny thing about it was when there had JUST been a vampire raid in Solitude. All the guards were fighting, and we managed to kill the vampires. But one of the guards was also killed. So right after the last Vampire was down, one of the guards turned around and said "What has happened here"? "Do you know anything about this? I'm gonna find who ever did this". Haha.

Hmmm, Well I think some NPC's of the city go to the hall of the dead, but unessential NPC's stay where they are, like guards, or vampires ect. Don't know why.

sticky runes

honestly hearthfire was a bit....pointless as every house is the same different locations different glitches. I did like the kid thing...but this talk of prego wives? lets not go bioware on here or "fable syndrome" romance is a minor thing in a roleplay. bioware wore romance out beyond its boundries and continues to. i mean the point of your avatar is to save the world and stfu lol romance imo is killing RPG's. Though seeing NPC's prego or have more children in skyrim would put more sense in the world but that would be asking to much.

Not nececelery. You're free to play the game however you want, you don't HAVE to become a hero and save the world, you can simply exist and set up your own home and family, and go into early retirement if you want. Besides, a lot of legendary heroes from mythology do have lovers, wives and kids, so it's not that far fetched for the hero to have a personal life outside of killing monsters and fighting wars.

Aniratak

Not nececelery. You're free to play the game however you want, you don't HAVE to become a hero and save the world, you can simply exist and set up your own home and family, and go into early retirement if you want. Besides, a lot of legendary heroes from mythology do have lovers, wives and kids, so it's not that far fetched for the hero to have a personal life outside of killing monsters and fighting wars.

This is what I think is the BEST part of the whole game. You can do whatever you like! No boundries (of course some, but not compared to other games). And that is why we all play it over and over again. I hope Bethesda will continue to develop the TES like this, with even more open worlds and more possibilities.

And I hope that with the next TES, something like the Frostfall mod will be a permanent thing! I don't have PC so I've never tried it. Didn't hear about that mod untill today and freaked out. I've always thought about how much more cool Skyrim would be if you had to dress according to the weather. It just doesn't make sense to run around in your underwear in icy weather and not get affected. Or to just wear a metal torso-armor piece with nothing under it or to cover up your arms.. I hear people who use the Frostfall mod say that they would never go back to playing Skyrim without it. So I hope the Bethesda people are watching some of the response the different mods get.

Of course not everybody wants to play and think about clothing at the same time, but it could be connected to a Super-master difficulty..

Wildroses

THIS. I just might be overanalyzing here, but every time I go to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller and I find myself in that room with all the dining tables...honesty, who the hell brought all this cheese down here? Were the Draugrs about to have a wine tasting?

Hey, it's a boring unlife being stuck in a tomb. Draugr have to do SOMETHING to pass the eternity.

One thing I've always wanted to know, Delphine and Esbern: How the heck did your organisation manage to lose a wall? A wall inside a temple! If you'd lost a book or relic or something it would make more sense, but walls are kind of hard to pick up and carry around, and temples tend to stay where you build them. No wonder they set up house in Sky Haven Temple and try to get the Dragonborn to kill Paarthurnax. They probably afraid if they set foot outside they'll lose the wall again.

Aniratak

Hey, it's a boring unlife being stuck in a tomb. Draugr have to do SOMETHING to pass the eternity.

One thing I've always wanted to know, Delphine and Esbern: How the heck did your organisation manage to lose a wall? A wall inside a temple! If you'd lost a book or relic or something it would make more sense, but walls are kind of hard to pick up and carry around, and temples tend to stay where you build them. No wonder they set up house in Sky Haven Temple and try to get the Dragonborn to kill Paarthurnax. They probably afraid if they set foot outside they'll lose the wall again.

They lost the wall? What? How can they loose a wall inside their own organisation headquarters? Because it used to be the blades headquarted didn't it? Why else are there old blade-gear in that backroom? It's not like Daphnie secretly put it there while you weren't looking.. Did the wall just show up? Or perhaps they didn't notice it before?

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Also... Where have all the toilets gone? They always eat.. Where do they go potty?

I wondered about that one at first, thinking "Jeez, even Legend of Zelda has bathrooms" (and I wasn't sure whether to be impressed or horrified when I found that in LoZ: Skyward Sword, you can actually make Link sit on said toilet if you feel so inclined...huh...)

But then I found this room in Fort Dunstad and I guess that answers MOST of my questions:

Skyrim 056.jpg

Growing up in a household full of guys, I can appreciate the fact that there's a Potion of True Shot on the shelf over there. :D Very considerate.

Usulama

Well, you can't kill children because it would be wrong, but you can kill all adults regardless of gender. That means that all women can be killed, but if they were pregnant, then the child inside them would have to survive, right?

No kid-killing at all. The end.

Also, for the lack of sheep, some of the loading screens say that the cow provides Skyrim with food and furs. I suppose it's all cow-hair then.

Aniratak

I wondered about that too for a bit, thinking "Jeez, even Legend of Zelda has bathrooms" (and I wasn't sure whether to be impressed or horrified when I found that in LoZ: Skyward Sword, you can actually make Link sit on said toilet if you feel so inclined...huh...)

But then I found this room in Fort Dunstad and I guess that answers MOST of my questions:

View attachment 4775

Growing up in a household full of guys, I can appreciate the fact that there's a Potion of True Shot on the shelf over there. :D Very considerate.

Well thats hardcore. I guess you can't expect anything else in Skyrim. A bucket and a stool. Haha I love this game! I've just been playing Bioshock infinite. You can flush the toilets.. And even eat from them... Toilet potatoes. Creative!

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
TheLonelyWolve said:
Most likely due to the problems in skyrim is why you don't find many pregnants woman.

Skyrim has serious environmental hazards and intimacy issues, yes, but that's nothing a good Elixir of Fortify Sex Appeal can't handle...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Lost Ent wives.. Haha. I've also noticed those small floating things in Solsteheim. I said to my self: "That must be the floating things baby. What a cute little fella."

And what about the caves? Who the **** walks down there EVERY day to lit up the candels that are all around? Who are they? Or do the draugrs do it them self? I can just picture it.. They like it comfy down there I suppose. Candel-light dinner with the Draugr family. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Also: Food that has been laying around in the empty caves for hundreds of years.. No mold or rotten tomatoes as far as the eye can see.
Oh so true on the torches, candles & braziers. I pointed that out the other day, butyou are so right on the food! I can only assume that bandits have been down there. I always wondered why there were tables and chairs down there too. It's a tomb for goodness sake! What, the walking dead need to take a quick sit? And books? Who put them there? Why? I would have thought that dead wouldn't be real bibliophiles. I could be wrong though.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
skyrim_toilet_by_itchys_rats-d53kmdw.jpg

This is in Embershard Mines. I laughed so hard when I figured out what it was.
It took me a minute too, but I chortled for a good 1/2 an hour while I slaughtered thinking about someone using it. Talk about awkward! And can you imagine being the poor soul that has to empty it? Ewwww....

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I am a father of two in real life but in Skyrim, I do not have testicles ... what a pity ! :sadface:

Aniratak

Oh so true on the torches, candles & braziers. I pointed that out the other day, butyou are so right on the food! I can only assume that bandits have been down there. I always wondered why there were tables and chairs down there too. It's a tomb for goodness sake! What, the walking dead need to take a quick sit? And books? Who put them there? Why? I would have thought that dead wouldn't be real bibliophiles. I could be wrong though.

And all those burned books! It's obvious when you see all the chairs and dressers that there hasn't been a recent fire... So someone had to go to the trouble of putting them there..

Did anyone know that Draugrs are not gender specified? That means a draugr can spawn with a female body and a beard.. I have yet to discover this I think.. Or perhaps I already have met one but didn't notice. You'd think you would notice a female with a beard though..