• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rui Arrojado

so i bought the game...iv been playing dark souls but man skyrim is awsome but a lot diferente, basically im having dificut understanding the classes and wich perks to spend where.

I want a dude that can wield a sword but do some magic, i want a good armor also nothing legendary just something that i like to see on the char !

Is it necessary to change armors becouse theyre better or if you have skill you can maintain a armor you like till end game ?

last question, can i lvl up onde handed and another magic atribute ?

ty

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Armor is fairly irrelevant by the end of the game, as the defence cap is relatively low at 567. Any armor past that is a waste. So me fully perking out Heavy Armor was basically a waste, since I have a full Legendary set of Dragonplate armor, with my perks, have a total of over 1100 armor. Basically try to get to 567 and you'll have as much damage reduction as the game allows, which is quite flexible, so if you find lower level armor you like, keep it! Look for perks or other means of bringing up your armor (potions, enchantments, improving armor though blacksmithing).

Onyx

There are now "classes" per say. You make your own class based on how you are/want to play.

Based on what you said I you could wield a 1h Wep in one hand and a spell in the other (or switch as needed).

One idea is to train 1H up as well as destruction (the offensive magic tree).

In terms of perks I would suggest taking the Damage increase perks for 1H (like Armsman) and the ones that reduce cost or damage for power attacks. I would hold off on the weapon spefic perks (like bladesman) until you are sure what weapon you want to use.

For Destruction, best to get the Novice, Adept, Apprentice, Expert and Master perks as you can as they reduce the mana needed to cast those level of spells by 50%. If you are not sure, if you go into your Magic Screen and into the relevant School (destruction) it will show you the level of spells you know (like Novice, master, etc).
Getting the damage increase perks for the various elemental attacks is also something I recommend. I use all fairly regulary and all have their uses (Fire for general damage, Shock for use against magic users and Frost against melee opponents).

Also, if you are using the heavy armor the first perk increases effectivness by 20% each time which helps alot in the lower levels.

Anyways, hope this helped some

Onyx

I know the feeling :D