New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU (to the power of 400)

Im glad that still works one of my fave glitches for alchemy lol

right im off to kill those witchs and cure my lycanthropy, so i can contract Vampiri Sanguinisis, ill report back later with my results

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Those stupid Scimitars wook rediculous on weapon racks lol
and ebony greatswords dont line up correctly on shield racks lol[/quot

I bloody hate the scimitars they look so cartoony mainly the handle and the blade is just 2 chuncky I dont care if there ment to be like that in real life, I just want it to look good this is Skyrim lol.

Shadow King

Im now level 115 thanks to the restoration/legendary exploit its much faster than Oghma, I have 870 carry weight yehaaaaaa

Shadow King

its totally pointless, im a lover of power-leveling glitches, i hate spending day after day leveling when theres a method to do it in a few hours, Such as the Smithing Iron Daggers Exploit, I Dont use the Omahg Glitch but understand that its pissed alot of people off who havent the time to spend leveling normally,

I really cant understand why before this patch i could play offline without a hitch, but since the patch and what happend to me last night (above^) i HAVE to have an active internet connection to load DLC packs, and play my saved game's, its total and complete bullpl***...

But i have an ace up my sleve bethesda, you havent patched the xbox only glitch of hitting the Guide button to speed waiting times up to 7 seconds (24hr wait) so WAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHH - I WIN :p

Its very stupid to patch over Oghma and lucans gold when u can now use achemy restoration glitch and keep making Alchemy legendary im now at Alchemy legendary x15 lol

MrDSL

This being a single player game the book glitch etc makes no sense to patch. I also don't understand why anyone would be glad something like the book glitch was patched. Its a single player game so if you don't want to use it then you just use it normal and move on..Why care what other players do in their game?

Instead of focusing on bugs and fixing damn broken quests I can't ever finish they have decided to make sure I have to spend 18million hours grinding stupid stuff. That's not fun for me!!

Now if this was an online game then I could understand making sure this kinda stuff gets fixed asap because it wouldn't be fair to other online players.

I will avoid this patch as long as I can.

Clau

The Fateless One
I am still encountering the glitch in the Purity Quest where Vilkas or Farkas disappears forever when we enter the tomb. :sadface:

With all these changes I'd like to hope they are preparing the game for some kind of new DLC

If that is even a reality, I hope said DLC is worth while

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
[QUOTE
Bone Of The Foz said:
Well it would appear that bethesda have antisipated all us console users plots to remove there update, i have just tried to delete the update, and reload a save from before it was released, and guess what has happen??​
FROZEN CONSOLE......ONLY 8 TIMES IN A ROW....​
YOU CAN NOT DELETE THIS UPDATE FROM YOUR CONSOLE AND STILL PLAY THE GAME, YOU ALSO NOW HAVE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY ANY DOWNLOADED ADD-ON'S (DRAGONBORN/dAWNGUARD ETC) OR SO IT APPEARS TO ME ATM​
ALSO, HAVE DISCOVERED THE FALMER HELMET GLITCH, LINWE'S HOOD GLITCH DO-NOT WORK ANYMORE​
MY NICELY WRITTEN GUIDE TO REDICULOUSLY POWERED POTIONS HAS ALSO BEEN PATCHED​
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DESTROYING NOT ONLY ALL MY SAVED GAMES,​
BUT ALSO MY XBOX, WHICH NOW REFUSES TO LOAD UP SKYRIM AT ALL,​
ANY OTHER GAME IT PLAYS FINE, BUT SKYRIM IT WILL NOT LOAD, AND ITS INSTALLED ON THE HARDDRIVE PLUS THE DISC IS FINE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH BETHESDA YOU BUNCH OF fluffing MORONS​

Ok, have now deleted Skyrim from my harddrive and moved my game saves to another memory unit, Re-installed the game and reloaded the disc, the game has Loaded and is asking me to download the update, each time i refuse, i am signed out of Xbox Live, when i do not sign into live and try to load my saved files it freezes upon hitting select on the selected memory unit, and im forced to reset console and internet Router as xbox doesnt recognise it after this "freezing" carry on, (which is even stranger when you think the xbox is actually wire-connected and not wireless..hmmmm!?!)

So i have now reset everything and am not attempting to load up my files again, i arrive at the requested patch, install it this time..........

Ok Patch in, games restarted, annnnnd......we......have......The title menu, i now disconnect from live, try loading my saves.......Nope Froze Again......

Console, Router Reset for 5th time......
Is loading game up yet again, updates allready installed.....
im not disconnecting this time and its letting me load my saved games.....well i say its letting me, i Cnt load any from yesterday, but the last one form the day before the patch came out has loaded.......!?!

BETHESDA, YOUR A BUNCH OF ARSEHOLES, IF I HAD LOST ALL MY SAVE FILES I WOULD PERSONNALLY HAVE CAME AND SHAT ON ALL THE DESKS IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT DIVISION!!!

But i stand by what ive said, theve taken out all the major exploits, made the game boring as you now have to spend litterally years selling and waiting to clear your inventory, or store it all in a box and watch good gold disappear forever, youve made the maximum possible magnitudes for enchantments/potions/smithing lower and added a rediculously over powered difficulty that will be practically useless.... ]

Thats what happened to me last night didnt realise it was in the same thread lol[/quote]

Oh man, I am really sorry to hear all of your bad experience with that freaking and stupid patch. It is really a terrible experience and thank you so much for the information. I was thinking to let it go for a while, get 1 million gold pieces in my pocket, get 2 thousand iron ingots, dozens of alchemy ingredients, I mean everything to ridiculous amount .. BEFORE I decided to download the patch, but now with what you said, I don’t think I want to face that bad experience at all and hurt myself with it ... Thank you ! .. :sadface:

Shadow King

This being a single player game the book glitch etc makes no sense to patch. I also don't understand why anyone would be glad something like the book glitch was patched. Its a single player game so if you don't want to use it then you just use it normal and move on..Why care what other players do in their game?

Instead of focusing on bugs and fixing damn broken quests I can't ever finish they have decided to make sure I have to spend 18million hours grinding stupid stuff. That's not fun for me!!

Now if this was an online game then I could understand making sure this kinda stuff gets fixed asap because it wouldn't be fair to other online players.

I will avoid this patch as long as I can.

The stupid people who patched it have opend the doors for an even faster way to level a character, instead of getting to level 15 to start the Oghma quest you can now get Alchemy to 100 and Enchanting then keep making Alchemy legendary im now level 115 I put evrything into stamina so I can carry more. there is negatives to the way I level using the restoration/alchemy exploit, for one getting lots of ingrediants is a little bit of a chore and unlike the oghma ure other skills dont increase :sadface: so even though the new way is faster to level it doesn't make any the other skills improve, for level 81 characters the new way is perfect but for new players and people making new builds they have been royaly f ucked over :sadface:

JClarke1953

You know? I think everyone, and I mean everyone should write/email Bethesda Softworks and tell them what they've done as far as worsening the gameplay of Skyrim and the DLC's. maybe when, not IF they get a flood of email's about their "work"? I dunno, but they might hear us, or they may not give a rat's butt. All we can do is to let them know they made it worse, not "better" ( as if that could even be possible).

You know? I think everyone, and I mean everyone should write/email Bethesda Softworks and tell them what they've done as far as worsening the gameplay of Skyrim and the DLC's. maybe when, not IF they get a flood of email's about their "work"? I dunno, but they might hear us, or they may not give a rat's butt. All we can do is to let them know they made it worse, not "better" ( as if that could even be possible).

I agree to a certain point. But I think it's mainly the console gamers that are suffering the most. PC Skyrim players at least have modders to fix what Bethesda can't or won't. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right that the console gamers should have to suffer like they do. Hopefully the capabilities of the next gen consoles will make it easier for Bethesda in terms of console power & ease of development. But I am concerned that Bethesda might be trying to move away from the Elder Scrolls series being as Zenimax is making Elder Scrolls Online. I hope they can give it one last solid effort with Elder Scrolls VI on PS4.

orca45

My ethernet is unplugged from my PS3. Mainly, I do connect it when I want to watch Netflix but when I found out about this new patch, I decided to unplugged it. Now, here is my question to those only, who have experienced what I am going to ask : - If I take Skyrim disc off the console and plug the console back to the Internet, I guess the patch is going to download so the next time I put the disc on, I will be prompted to download the patch ... YES or NO ? If the answer is YES, then I am f .. d, and this bring me to the next question : - If I am prompted to download it, do I have the option NOT TO accept the download or it is must do-thing-and-unavoidable ? If the answer is YES, then I am double f .. d, and then I will have to send Bethesda a message but I will not tell you what it is till I listen what you have to say about my questions ...lol.. :mad:

JClarke1953

Well, so far on my XBox, I am prompted, then I hit cancel and then I'm disconnected from Live. So, it's beginning to appear that once we dl the so-called "patch", and from what I've read so far, if we dl that crud code, we won't even get to play UNLESS we ARE plugged in! At least, that's what it's beginning to appear like.

And if this game goes on multi-player, well, I'll either send them their Skyrim CD and tell them to go play with themselves. If I'm paying good coin, then I DO NOT expect to be forced to play how, when or where. Especially since I do not pay for XBox Live unless I have to.

I've been playing Dishonored, and I get up-dates whether I have Live or not.

As far as a "conspiracy theory" goes, why is Bethesda going to force us to be online to play. It's one thing for PC's(not sure about PS3's), as they're online anyhow. But why force console user's to buy Live to play?

orca45

Well, so far on my XBox, I am prompted, then I hit cancel and then I'm disconnected from Live. So, it's beginning to appear that once we dl the so-called "patch", and from what I've read so far, if we dl that crud code, we won't even get to play UNLESS we ARE plugged in! At least, that's what it's beginning to appear like.

And if this game goes on multi-player, well, I'll either send them their Skyrim CD and tell them to go play with themselves. If I'm paying good coin, then I DO NOT expect to be forced to play how, when or where. Especially since I do not pay for XBox Live unless I have to.

I've been playing Dishonored, and I get up-dates whether I have Live or not.

As far as a "conspiracy theory" goes, why is Bethesda going to force us to be online to play. It's one thing for PC's(not sure about PS3's), as they're online anyhow. But why force console user's to buy Live to play?

I agree .. if this game goes online, then I am off for ever. I don’t play online and Skyrim will not get me into that.

Shadow King

what do use mean by online like u can have players in ure Skyrim world?

Adam Warlock

^ Special thanks to the Salmon Roe obtained via the Fish Hatchery at Winstad Manor.

Kill the Salmon with Unrelenting Force !

Incredible skill gains by using Salmon Roe to make Waterbreathing potions .

Can be over $10,000 value per each potion if created at higher skill levels !

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Its very stupid to patch over Oghma and lucans gold when u can now use achemy restoration glitch and keep making Alchemy legendary im now at Alchemy legendary x15 lol
Let me warn you.
I quick capped my Alteration twice... i'm now a level 52 wizard. with 58 destruction. let me just tell you, fighting a CRAPTON of deathlords on expert mode with such low destruction isn't fun. but using guardian circle is so XD just be prepared to fight really hard leveled enemies. I wonder if beth made any new draugr deathlord types... "Super mega ultra doomy death monster demon lord"

Sarcron

Can you use the fortify restoration glitch with alchemy to power level very quickly and get all the perk points? If I remember correctly, the value of your potion is what gives you your experience, and with fortify restoration you can make potions worth hundreds of thousands.

Anyone able to verify this as an ultra-fast way to get maximum legendary with all perk points?