New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I have experianced a bit of lagging the other day but I wont blame it on the patch untill it does it at least 3 times as it never lagged before.

Jaeger

Crap. This patch is sounding more and more like it's just not worth it.

If you have high damage weapons and high fortify weapon magic items it should go up pretty fast. Along with block, the armors, magic skills.

Can anybody on comp verify the ancient knowledge quest perk is broken. I'm wearing all Dwarven armor, armor rating is 320 before and after I place the lexicon into its pedestal. I unequip and equip the armor -- 320.

I also have two Dwarven shields, one was mine and been improve to epic with 58 armor; one that I found with armor 44. Adding the 58 shield gives me AR of 377. Adding the found non-upgraded shield of 44 also gives me 377.

I took off my ring of the major knight (17 points). Non-upgraded shield is 32. Epic shield is 41. I put on. Non upgraded shield gives me AR 41. Epic shield gives me AR 41. all other armor is off.

In relation to next gen consoles, i read a lengthy article on another page yesterday, heres what ive found out,

Next gen Xbox (infinity, 720..?)

Xbox WILL have D.R.M (Developer Rights Management) meaning you WILL NOT be able to buy traded games, PS4 Is also rumoured to incorperate this technology

Xbox Graphics Processors will have less power than current 360 GPU's
Xbox Is going to be fully Kinnect Compliant from launch, (£450+ RRP on Launch)
90% Of New Xbox Games Will Be Souly Kinnect Controlled (Console will have pad, but it is being "phased out")
(Major Rumor) Microsoft will stop Release's of Games For x360 When New Console Sell's 1,000,000 unit's....
Xbox Live User's WILL NOT Be able to transfer Current Gamer Profiles to new console, Or Licence Transfer...
Xbox Live Monthly/Yearly Prices expected to be nearly doubled on new console (£70+ Per Year)
Xbox MUST HAVE SUSSTAINED INTERNET CONNECTION (in other words cannot switch it off at all)
Xbox expected to havce Blu-Ray Compatibility, not confirmed as yet
Xbox Will be released in May '13
All Future Call Of Duty Titles will have season pass's, (like Fifa, paying to play it online, ontop of live costs) - PS4 also
Another strong rumour is that most titles for new consoles will be Download Only, stopping Trade - in's completely
All New Consoles will have 4G Compatibilities (Strong Rumours, not confirmed)
Xbox Compliant "Modded Pad's" i.e Dropshot pads, Jitter pads, Lag switch's, auto - aim pads etc are to be banned completely - with the promis of ban's and lifetime exclutitions from xbox live (confirmed)
anyone attempting to mod, J-tag, or use's modds on next gen consoles, will be banned, and consoles shut down

SO IN SUMMARY NEXT GEN CONSOLES ARE GOING TO TOTALLY DESTROY THE GAMING INDUSTRY......
NOT EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 5 WANTS TO DANCE AROUND THEYRE LIVING ROOM JUST TO MAKE THEYRE CONSOLE LOAD A DAMNED GAME,

ALL HAIL CURRENT GENERATION CONSOLES, XBOX 360/PS3 THE LAST TRUE GAMES CONSOLES BEFORE CONSOLE GAMING BECOMES A PRESCHOOL PARADISE.

R.I.P THE GREATEST PIECE'S OF GAMING TECHNOLOGY - THE MICROSOFT XBOX 360 & THE SONY PLAYSTATION 3

Well I'm not sure how much of this will be true considering the new X Box hasn't been unveiled yet. And the PS4 hasn't been fully unveiled yet. But if this info is accurate, I couldn't be happier to be a PlayStation user. I really don't know what to believe about the new X Box having Blu Ray. Being as SONY created Blu Ray. So I don't think SONY would make it cheap for Microsoft to use it in a console that will be directly competing with their PS4. And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Microsoft doubled the price for X Box Live. At least with SONY it's $50 a year for PlayStation PLUS, which is roughly only $4 a month. And PS Plus has given me hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of content so far. Great deal. But this also greatly concerns me. If you ever stop subscribing to PS Plus, you lose everything you were given. So if the PS4 launches & people can't transfer their PlayStation Network Account (Which Includes ALL PS Plus content & Purchases), then several years worth of work as well as thousands of dollars of my money would be all pissed away! Would SONY or Microsoft truly dare to do such a thing? Could they really be that ignorant & stupid?!

Clau

The Fateless One
Esbern's potion works just fine. I now have the Dragon's Infusion active effect. But for my characters that ingested the potion prior to patch 1.9, Dragon's Infusion is not there.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
Wait, wait...the Riverwood trader was rich? I didn't know this!!
You guys have been discussing how sucky it is to have to run about diff traders to offload loot...try having done that since 11-11-11 only to find out that you didn't have to...*facepalm*...don't even get me started on the facepalm level when I finally discovered that 'fast travel' was an option. :confused:

What I'd like to see happen with a patch:
*Making the thieves guild radiant quests closer to the exit...sigh...I've lost count of how many times I've accidentally taken the wrong door or made a wrong turn...and make the 'secret' entrance quieter! it's not very stealthy, I cringe whenever I open that door.
*Stop that damned trolling potion trader in Whiterun from telling me that I look sick to peddle her snake oil. I know she's trolling me but I end up checking my active effects...every damned time!
*Stop sending me on errands to find your husband...he's not cheating on you with lusty argonians ok!? He's dead in a cave somewhere...he always is...but most importantly, when I return to give you the bad news. Why is your door always locked!? I wait and wait and wait some more, every hour on the hour...eventually I grow tired of waiting and pick the lock to follow the tiny white arrow hovering over your head...and what do I get?...."You're not suposed to be here", no dialogue option to finish the quest...fine...I'll play hide and seek with your neglected kid that's locked outside instead. :D

Glitches can sometimes make a game so much more entertaining.

Saozig

Hippy
*Stop sending me on errands to find your husband...he's not cheating on you with lusty argonians ok!? He's dead in a cave somewhere...he always is...but most importantly, when I return to give you the bad news. Why is your door always locked!? I wait and wait and wait some more, every hour on the hour...eventually I grow tired of waiting and pick the lock to follow the tiny white arrow hovering over your head...and what do I get?...."You're not suposed to be here", no dialogue option to finish the quest...fine...I'll play hide and seek with your neglected kid that's locked outside instead. :D

Yes--this is problem with several favor-type quests and I don't know why. But if you get caught entering a non-"friend" house (a house ownd by a NPC that you've befriended already) by lockpicking, it's technically trespassing and you cannot open any other dialogue with that person beyond "you're not suppose to be here". Yet with favor-quests this is annoying if the person you ned to talk to is stuck behind a locked door. Other quests that this is problem:

--Ahtar's quest with him being looked up in Jala's house for days without going to the dungeon.
--Trying to buy lumber from Half-Moon Mill, with Hert locked up in the house all day and only available for a short window around 7 PM.
--Klimmek staying n his house all day after you deliver his supplies
--The Radient Raiment being locked wth Naardie inside after you finish showing off her clothes
--The argonian dockworkers staying for several hours in their assemblage after you do their quests
--Calixto being locked in his museum when you try to talk to him to sell him the amulet during the Blood of the Ice quest (I had lots of fun with that one yesterday)

And a few others I can't think of at the moment.

NPCs are suppose to have a daily routine they follow, like Ahtar going to his job at the dungeon every morning, but something about these quests, once activiated, makes them go off their schedule and may make it hard to complete these quests. Annoying.

Twiffle

i have searched wiki and no definative info on this patch yet, probably why the bully DAGMAR hasnt commented yet, ,

Adam Warlock

I`ve got three dead ends on radiant questlines that don`t appear to have been addressed.

If you have already killed Curalmil at Forsaken Cave , will the Companion`s quest Trouble in Skyrim fail to produce a leader there whose death completes that quest ?

If you have already killed Telrav , will a Kill the Bandit Leader from the Rift`s jarl also be impossible to finish if it`s directed to Nilheim ?

If you`ve already killed Linwe at Uttering Hills Cave , will Captain Kjar`s Harsh Master quest to that location likewise be blocked ?

My freezes have been with me since day 1 and still occur every couple of hours or so but it at least appears that my more serious problems navigating around or fast-traveling into Raven Rock have abated since patch.

Skjor did come back to life immediately after download but I understand that he was doing that for some players beforehand.

The Dragon Infusion from Esbern does appear in my Active Effects now(xbox) but I`m not jumping into the jaws of a dragon to see if it actually works.

best i can say is patch didn`t hurt even if it didn`t help a whole lot.

I really do like both of the Legendary adds tho

Adam Warlock

Probably a dumb question.

Since the Xbox 720 doesn`t intend to have a separate hard drive , will there be a method of playing any currently created Skyrim characters on the new console ?

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
I was going to get the new xbox the day it came out, I think I will start dusting my xbox 360 twice as much now because im going to need it what are these monkeys doing to gaming, so now when Im finished with a game I cant give it to my little brother or give my friend a loan of a game so he doesn't need to buy it its a f ukin joke there all money grabbing bastards :sadface: they need to remember who has the money.

I totally agree dude, but remember 1 thing, when Cod black ops 2 came out it was rumoured to be a totally "Cheat-Proof" experiance online, it was supposed to also have "new weapon downloads" every month, also a Double XP weekend every 4th weekend...

Now, Im In a M.L.G (Major League Gaming) recognised Call Of Duty Clan, i play CoD on average of 4-5 hours a day, most days, more if Clan Battles are involved, now those rumors above about cod, i havent seen evidance of any of those being true, theres been 3 Double XP weekends since launch, with one on the 19th April, to make up for Xbox and Cods Shoddy service last weekend, there has been 1 weapon download since dlc was introduced, and in every single online multiplayer game that isnt league related admittedly, i have found atleast 1 person that is inherently "Dodgy" (could be cheating, or tampering at some level) i'd also like to add im a 2- time prestige master on Cod BO2, (meaning ive done 22 prestiges in 16 hours of play, re-setting twice, im currently 6th prestige on my third run through)... I have more experiance than many when spotting Dodgy People and Telling the diffrence between dodgy laggy connections, or those using lag switches,

My point is basically this:

Not every forum post on the interweb can be trusted to be fully accurate
I for example only copied a few of the listed points on the page to let people know the latest rumors
alot of those are confirmed now like the DRM and Costting Issues also the internet connection etc

BUT DO NOT BELIEVE ALL OF IT TO BE 100% TRUE AS I POINTED OUT WITH THE COD EXAMPLE ABOVE
RUMORS CIRCULATE LIKE INFECTION IN A WOUND, DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING UNTIL MICROSOFT SPECIFICALLY ANNOUNCE IT :)

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
Probably a dumb question.

Since the Xbox 720 doesn`t intend to have a separate hard drive , will there be a method of playing any currently created Skyrim characters on the new console ?

you willnot be able to transfer any current xbox 3670 saves to the 720, as it will not be backwards compatible, and also will require you to set up a brand new live account, on a "live2" service for 720 users only, there will be no collaberation between 360/720 what so ever, and as far as harddrives are concerned most rumors state that the 720 will have an onboard 1TB hard drive, with directed access to Cloud Facilities, this will be another step towards outlawing "borrowed/traded" games

Adam Warlock

you willnot be able to transfer any current xbox 3670 saves to the 720, as it will not be backwards compatible, and also will require you to set up a brand new live account, on a "live2" service for 720 users only, there will be no collaberation between 360/720 what so ever, and as far as harddrives are concerned most rumors state that the 720 will have an onboard 1TB hard drive, with directed access to Cloud Facilities, this will be another step towards outlawing "borrowed/traded" games
How do you shout " I BUY NOT " in Dragon ?