New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
So I tried the restoration alchemy glitch that still works :S

Shadow King

wow all use people who were sad that the Oghma no longer works there is a much faster way to level up now see my latest thread.

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
i havent tried it yet as i havent leveled my alchemy, im waiting until i finish the companions quest's, im just about to head out to The Glen(morangie?) Covern to behead some hags, and will attempt it later,
but if it has worked for you after the patch thats great news, i also found out last night, well , ive theoriesed...the Linwe's Hood Glitch only works if your a vampire? as when i loaded my save after getting going last night i entered dustman's Cairn with both a cowl, and linwe's hood equiped and it stayed equiped until i became a werewolve to continue the questline, so maybe ive been a tiny tad harsh to bethesda, but i will defo get back to you about the resto glitch, as if the linwe's hood one works the falmer helmet should also..?

JClarke1953

wow all use people who were sad that the Oghma no longer works there is a much faster way to level up now see my latest thread.

Where is it? I more than likely missed somewhere.

But, as of yesterday, I disconnected from the Internet, and began emptying the home's I built. Stripping them of anything/everything I could pick up and sell everything, one char at a time, and using the steward as a "mule". I'm going to do the same with my other two char's, and keep a home in Solitude and Whiterun, and Severin Manor as a trophy home. At least kidnapping's or bandit raids won't be a concern.

Then I "might" bring in the update after my last char kills Alduin. I want finish the "major" quests done before I consider bringing it in. And even then, I'm not sure.

Bone Of The Foz

I also have the solution to sdeeling your gear in a couple of easy sentence's
1.) Travel to Winterhold, and trade with the Mages there (Tolfdir, Dreves, Enither etc) if you have agood bit of gold
already (2000-4000) buy filled soul gem's, then sell the gear to get your cash back, i cleared out 18 grands worth
of gear last night doing this without having to wait once..

2.) If You Have the thieves guild up to full strength, theres another potential 12 grand to sell things with, if you buy
potion ingrediants, smithing ingots, arrows etc, plus Tonillia has 4000 after full power Guild

Bone Of The Foz

I also have the solution to sdeeling your gear in a couple of easy sentence's
1.) Travel to Winterhold, and trade with the Mages there (Tolfdir, Dreves, Enither etc) if you have agood bit of gold
already (2000-4000) buy filled soul gem's, then sell the gear to get your cash back, i cleared out 18 grands worth
of gear last night doing this without having to wait once..

2.) If You Have the thieves guild up to full strength, theres another potential 12 grand to sell things with, if you buy
potion ingrediants, smithing ingots, arrows etc, plus Tonillia has 4000 after full power Guild
Sdeeling?? ment "Selling"

Bone Of The Foz

But, as of yesterday, I disconnected from the Internet, and began emptying the home's I built. Stripping them of anything/everything I could pick up and sell everything, one char at a time, and using the steward as a "mule". I'm going to do the same with my other two char's, and keep a home in Solitude and Whiterun, and Severin Manor as a trophy home. At least kidnapping's or bandit raids won't be a concern.

Then I "might" bring in the update after my last char kills Alduin. I want finish the "major" quests done before I consider bringing it in. And even then, I'm not sure.

Well as i listed on another thread dont "install then delete" the patch as your DLC will not load, and you wont be able to access any of your saves, i thought i had ruined my xbox until i re-installed the patch, ill post what happened below

Bone Of The Foz

[QUOTE
Bone Of The Foz said:
Well it would appear that bethesda have antisipated all us console users plots to remove there update, i have just tried to delete the update, and reload a save from before it was released, and guess what has happen??

FROZEN CONSOLE......ONLY 8 TIMES IN A ROW....

YOU CAN NOT DELETE THIS UPDATE FROM YOUR CONSOLE AND STILL PLAY THE GAME, YOU ALSO NOW HAVE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY ANY DOWNLOADED ADD-ON'S (DRAGONBORN/dAWNGUARD ETC) OR SO IT APPEARS TO ME ATM

ALSO, HAVE DISCOVERED THE FALMER HELMET GLITCH, LINWE'S HOOD GLITCH DO-NOT WORK ANYMORE
MY NICELY WRITTEN GUIDE TO REDICULOUSLY POWERED POTIONS HAS ALSO BEEN PATCHED

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DESTROYING NOT ONLY ALL MY SAVED GAMES,
BUT ALSO MY XBOX, WHICH NOW REFUSES TO LOAD UP SKYRIM AT ALL,
ANY OTHER GAME IT PLAYS FINE, BUT SKYRIM IT WILL NOT LOAD, AND ITS INSTALLED ON THE HARDDRIVE PLUS THE DISC IS FINE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH BETHESDA YOU BUNCH OF fluffing MORONS​

Ok, have now deleted Skyrim from my harddrive and moved my game saves to another memory unit, Re-installed the game and reloaded the disc, the game has Loaded and is asking me to download the update, each time i refuse, i am signed out of Xbox Live, when i do not sign into live and try to load my saved files it freezes upon hitting select on the selected memory unit, and im forced to reset console and internet Router as xbox doesnt recognise it after this "freezing" carry on, (which is even stranger when you think the xbox is actually wire-connected and not wireless..hmmmm!?!)

So i have now reset everything and am not attempting to load up my files again, i arrive at the requested patch, install it this time..........

Ok Patch in, games restarted, annnnnd......we......have......The title menu, i now disconnect from live, try loading my saves.......Nope Froze Again......

Console, Router Reset for 5th time......
Is loading game up yet again, updates allready installed.....
im not disconnecting this time and its letting me load my saved games.....well i say its letting me, i Cnt load any from yesterday, but the last one form the day before the patch came out has loaded.......!?!

BETHESDA, YOUR A BUNCH OF ARSEHOLES, IF I HAD LOST ALL MY SAVE FILES I WOULD PERSONNALLY HAVE CAME AND SHAT ON ALL THE DESKS IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT DIVISION!!!

But i stand by what ive said, theve taken out all the major exploits, made the game boring as you now have to spend litterally years selling and waiting to clear your inventory, or store it all in a box and watch good gold disappear forever, youve made the maximum possible magnitudes for enchantments/potions/smithing lower and added a rediculously over powered difficulty that will be practically useless.... ][/QUOTE]

Thats what happened to me last night didnt realise it was in the same thread lol

Bone Of The Foz

Does the necromage + vampire 25% boost still work?

Yes it does, i still have the 25% bonus, well did until i changed to a werewolf.....need some hag heads now...and a master vampire....

JClarke1953

Guess I'd better join the Guild then? I completed many of the Dark Brotherhood quests up to killing the Emperor, and then becoming the Listener, and after the move, I've not returned because of the oh-so boring radiant quest's. Probably do the same with the Guild. Become Guildmaster, and I'll be gone.

I cannot understand/believe that Bethesda seems to be hell-bent on ruining the game. Why did they bring in a patch that doesn't improve a thing, yet it seems to make thing's worse?

It hasn't been mentioned, yet. But I assume we'll still have/keep what "wealth" we've accumulated, short of buying training?

Bone Of The Foz

its totally pointless, im a lover of power-leveling glitches, i hate spending day after day leveling when theres a method to do it in a few hours, Such as the Smithing Iron Daggers Exploit, I Dont use the Omahg Glitch but understand that its pissed alot of people off who havent the time to spend leveling normally,

I really cant understand why before this patch i could play offline without a hitch, but since the patch and what happend to me last night (above^) i HAVE to have an active internet connection to load DLC packs, and play my saved game's, its total and complete bullplops...

But i have an ace up my sleve bethesda, you havent patched the xbox only glitch of hitting the Guide button to speed waiting times up to 7 seconds (24hr wait) so WAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHH - I WIN :p

JClarke1953

I'd sure love to know if those, those, well, so-called programmer/gamer's at Bethesda actually read these, and are discovering how much more they screwed us, and Skyrim!

Bone Of The Foz

It hasn't been mentioned, yet. But I assume we'll still have/keep what "wealth" we've accumulated, short of buying training?

Yep you do, ive got nearly 350,000 in gold, and probably close to 1 Million gold's worth of stored gear in my mansion
from Unenchanted weapons/armors/jewelery, potions + ingrediants, Smithing equipment (hundreds of each ingot, ores, gemstones pelts/bones etc) I have all that still and my personal Gold Fortune lol

Bone Of The Foz

I know they definitly monitor Youtube for people posting glitches, as Treyarch do for COD, thats why most of the Tranzit "Barrier" Glitches on BO2 have been patched (160th in the world for headshots - 850,000+ :) )
so im pritty sure they would have a dedicated team watching the main forums to see what people are talking about and what they've found out, and what most people would like to see fixed in patches, but the vast majority of things theve patched this time goes against what most players want lol its crazy thinking in my opinion, one way to guarentee less sales on their next title (probably on the Xbox "Infinity" (720) Thats being released in My This Year)

JClarke1953

Ditto here my friend! I keep item's that "look" cool on the weapon/shield racks, all kinds of ingot's and gem's stored, as well as over half a mil in gold.

Bone Of The Foz

Damn Right, whats thepoint of having a house the size of the Dragonsreach and not making sure all the containers and racks are full???? lol

Bone Of The Foz

I keep item's that "look" cool on the weapon/shield racks

Those stupid Scimitars wook rediculous on weapon racks lol
and ebony greatswords dont line up correctly on shield racks lol

Bone Of The Foz

Those stupid Scimitars wook rediculous on weapon racks lol
and ebony greatswords dont line up correctly on shield racks lol
my spellings worse, ment "look" not Wook"

Shadow King

i havent tried it yet as i havent leveled my alchemy, im waiting until i finish the companions quest's, im just about to head out to The Glen(morangie?) Covern to behead some hags, and will attempt it later,
but if it has worked for you after the patch thats great news, i also found out last night, well , ive theoriesed...the Linwe's Hood Glitch only works if your a vampire? as when i loaded my save after getting going last night i entered dustman's Cairn with both a cowl, and linwe's hood equiped and it stayed equiped until i became a werewolve to continue the questline, so maybe ive been a tiny tad harsh to bethesda, but i will defo get back to you about the resto glitch, as if the linwe's hood one works the falmer helmet should also..?

wearing a falmer helmet and circlet still works bro.

Shadow King

Its on the general skyrim pages bro should be on page one or 2, I hate bloody bandit raids at hearthfire homes its just an anooyance having to buy new chikens/cow/horse lol