Need to Vent & Rage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I am probably the only one who recognizes this :p

A little something about autism:
View attachment 5256

Is that proven is has to do with autism? I hear those noises too! especially when tired.. Altho I can ignore it, and am still able to sleep. And as far as I know, I don't have any sort of autism..

Stephen Daidalus

Is that proven is has to do with autism? I hear those noises too! especially when tired.. Altho I can ignore it, and am still able to sleep. And as far as I know, I don't have any sort of autism..

Not remotely autistic (ADHD, yes, but not autism), but I have a similar problem. I sleep with earplugs because of it.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

xsneakyxsimx

*sigh* Another day, another topic. I pity anyone who knows this girl...

253364_364970940281798_747838091_n.jpg

And before anyone says anything, I don't care that she dislikes metal, but to say that about it is just plain ignorant...

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
This is a rant in four plus one parts. (aka skip to the bottom for a tl;dr)

Part the First:
I'm a quiet person. For reasons we will get to later, I don't much like talking or socializing. The other day I went out to lunch with a girl who is convinced we are friends. About halfway through the meal, she brought up the fact that she can't stand being by herself inside a restaurant and that she hated being alone and by herself. I respectfully disagreed and calmly shared about how I personally enjoy being alone sometimes (not all the time! just sometimes!) and that I like to go out to restaurants by myself because it's an entirely different experience. Cue her mouth dropping open and her reaching over and grabbing my hands away from my food. (I also don't like people touching me unexpectedly, but that's another story.) She went on a five to ten minute savior-speech about "Are you okay?" and "Are you sure? It's not natural to be anti-social." and my favorite came after I had assured her of my fineness: "Well, I just think it's really weird when people sit by themselves, but you aren't weird aren't you?"

I'm not sure I ever want to talk to her again.

Part the Second:
To reduce my rant about humanity to the smallest possible space. People who don't understand that there are other perspectives to be had. People who don't understand that the world is bigger than their little bubble. People who are mean for no reason. People who consciously choose to be ignorant.

Part the Third:
I feel like my relationship with my mother is best summed up direct quotes.
*I was in the fifth grade and crying myself to sleep because I had a plops day (aka I was bullied relentlessly) at school* "BE QUIET. PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP."
*The next day* "You need to get yourself together."
*I just stopped crying altogether after that. If I got bullied, I couldn't cry at school, and if I cried at home my mum would yell at me and tell me to stop being a baby.*
*Many many mistakes, a completely solitary freshman year of high school (I intentionally didn't make any friends and sat by myself everyday because my K-8 experience was literally that horrible), and an hour crying later.*
"Why are you so upset?"
*She spent three hours wheedling out the fact that I hated myself and felt that I wasn't good enough. She fluffing laughed and me and for months afterward, she's sneer as she'd say:*
"That's stupid. You have no right to feel that way."
*When my senior picture came in the mail*
"You should have worn make up." *She pulled out last years picture in which I have makeup* "See? You're prettier like this."

Family fluffing sucks.

Part the Fourth:
I eventually figured out that you shouldn't have to exchange favors or fantastic grades for love. So I stopped being as accommodating and my grades have gone down the flusher. Everyone tells me that I should be less bitchy and now I don't understand what to base my self-worth on. Cue existential crisis and uncontrollable rolling about on the floor.

Enter Skyrim and the wonders of escapism.

The Bonus Part You didn't ask for: I have long hair and I'll do what I fluffing like with it. Fluff off. And no you can't touch it. And no that doesn't mean if you ask eight times I will let you touch it.

(tl;dr) I was bullied endlessly as a kid and since my mum has made fun of my insecurities. I hate people because as a kid I learned that people would love you when you did things for them or brought home good grades or the like. Recently I've been figuring out that this is all just a little bit BS and as a result I've suffering from a major existential crisis. Also my hair is stupid long.

(Okay, it's not about me anymore. Internet hugs out to all those who will accept them. Also in my experience I find that people intertwine the ideas of happiness and unhappiness too closely. They have the same word associated with them with the difference of a prefix, but honestly the ways one becomes unhappy and despaired are nothing like nor the opposites of the ways that one acquires happiness or joy. I argue that you can also be both and neither given the right circumstances. Your mental/emotional state is not a one-dimensional spectrum that goes from happy to unhappy and therefore trying to link the two directly is just stupid.)

Sorry. That was really long.

xsneakyxsimx

This won't be a rant or a vent, but rather, an apology that shall never been seen by the person it's for.

I am sorry. You don't know why I am, and I hope that you never will. I am sorry for being so selfish in my head today, for wanting to just cut you out like you meant nothing, when in fact you meant everything to me. I am sorry for wanting to go behind your back, to try and ignore you when you never ignored me. I am sorry for not being able to tell you this, yet being comfortable to tell others, but it still hurts telling them. It hurts so damn much, and I feel so cruel and ignorant for wanting to do that. I am so very sorry...

Apologies to you all for having to read that. I just needed to open up...

Znowcicle

Chimera~
This is a rant in four plus one parts. (aka skip to the bottom for a tl;dr)

Part the First:
I'm a quiet person. For reasons we will get to later, I don't much like talking or socializing. The other day I went out to lunch with a girl who is convinced we are friends. About halfway through the meal, she brought up the fact that she can't stand being by herself inside a restaurant and that she hated being alone and by herself. I respectfully disagreed and calmly shared about how I personally enjoy being alone sometimes (not all the time! just sometimes!) and that I like to go out to restaurants by myself because it's an entirely different experience. Cue her mouth dropping open and her reaching over and grabbing my hands away from my food. (I also don't like people touching me unexpectedly, but that's another story.) She went on a five to ten minute savior-speech about "Are you okay?" and "Are you sure? It's not natural to be anti-social." and my favorite came after I had assured her of my fineness: "Well, I just think it's really weird when people sit by themselves, but you aren't weird aren't you?"

I'm not sure I ever want to talk to her again.

Part the Second:
To reduce my rant about humanity to the smallest possible space. People who don't understand that there are other perspectives to be had. People who don't understand that the world is bigger than their little bubble. People who are mean for no reason. People who consciously choose to be ignorant.

Part the Third:
I feel like my relationship with my mother is best summed up direct quotes.
*I was in the fifth grade and crying myself to sleep because I had a pl*** day (aka I was bullied relentlessly) at school* "BE QUIET. PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP."
*The next day* "You need to get yourself together."
*I just stopped crying altogether after that. If I got bullied, I couldn't cry at school, and if I cried at home my mum would yell at me and tell me to stop being a baby.*
*Many many mistakes, a completely solitary freshman year of high school (I intentionally didn't make any friends and sat by myself everyday because my K-8 experience was literally that horrible), and an hour crying later.*
"Why are you so upset?"
*She spent three hours wheedling out the fact that I hated myself and felt that I wasn't good enough. She fluffing laughed and me and for months afterward, she's sneer as she'd say:*
"That's stupid. You have no right to feel that way."
*When my senior picture came in the mail*
"You should have worn make up." *She pulled out last years picture in which I have makeup* "See? You're prettier like this."

Family fluffing sucks.

Part the Fourth:
I eventually figured out that you shouldn't have to exchange favors or fantastic grades for love. So I stopped being as accommodating and my grades have gone down the flusher. Everyone tells me that I should be less bitchy and now I don't understand what to base my self-worth on. Cue existential crisis and uncontrollable rolling about on the floor.

Enter Skyrim and the wonders of escapism.

The Bonus Part You didn't ask for: I have long hair and I'll do what I fluffing like with it. Fluff off. And no you can't touch it. And no that doesn't mean if you ask eight times I will let you touch it.

(tl;dr) I was bullied endlessly as a kid and since my mum has made fun of my insecurities. I hate people because as a kid I learned that people would love you when you did things for them or brought home good grades or the like. Recently I've been figuring out that this is all just a little bit BS and as a result I've suffering from a major existential crisis. Also my hair is stupid long.

(Okay, it's not about me anymore. Internet hugs out to all those who will accept them. Also in my experience I find that people intertwine the ideas of happiness and unhappiness too closely. They have the same word associated with them with the difference of a prefix, but honestly the ways one becomes unhappy and despaired are nothing like nor the opposites of the ways that one acquires happiness or joy. I argue that you can also be both and neither given the right circumstances. Your mental/emotional state is not a one-dimensional spectrum that goes from happy to unhappy and therefore trying to link the two directly is just stupid.)

Sorry. That was really long.
You seem like you need a hug yourself, if you'll accept it. :)

I have so much sympathy for you, even down to the hair thing. Why is it that when you have long hair everyone wants to play with it? Just grow out your own damn hair!, that's all I want to say to those people.

My mom never made fun of me directly, but she targeted the things around me that made me happy and degraded them, thus degrading my happiness...or trying to at least. I'm not sure why people don't understand that they things they say hurt, but I'm sorry you've gone through all that. But just think, all that (and all this stuff that all of us are ranting about) has made us who we are today. How we dealt with it, and how we developed how to cope, it's all part of us now. That's why I don't regret the things I've been through, it's made me a better person despite all the bad. So in a weird way, I'm glad I went through it, because I like myself now. Now that I'm finally figuring out who I am, because for a long time I had no idea who I was or what I liked or any of that because I was trying to please those around me. Like you were doing with your grades, it was the same way with my mom and now that I'm living with my dad, it's the same way with him, too. Not sure why grades garner love, but eh. People are confusing. :/

And as for liking to be alone, it's good to be alone sometimes. I enjoy being alone on some occasions; it's quieter and better for thinking. If that makes me weird, then so be it. I take being called weird a compliment, and if they try to tell me it's not a compliment I just say that it is anyways. :)

Stephen Daidalus

Our parents have really no idea just how much damage they can do, and I doubt they realize that it can basically last a lifetime. Mine might as well have amputated one or two of my limbs, as I often sense that I make it through life only with a set of mental prostheses. Whatever was cut off or out by the plops they did won't ever grow back. Therapy or medication are wooden legs.

That sounds terribly demoralizing. But I suppose the good news is that plenty of people who have suffered amputations have extremely enriching and satisfying lives. Losing your legs won't even necessarily stop you from competing in the Olympics. So if an amputee can get beyond the challenges of not living up to our absurd standards of physical perfection, the mental amputee can hope to do the same, perhaps even despite the absurd standards of psychological perfection which treats unhappiness as a form of annoying social rebellion that you just owe it to your friends never to express.

My greatest wish is that psychological and mental challenges were not so stigmatized. That, and that people dared to recognize just how damaging words can be.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

It's at times like these that I grew up hard. Words don't usually hurt me. Even from my family. I realized a long time ago that family is just a set of people who happen to share a set of chromosomes with you. To be honest, I hate most of the folks in my family because of who they are, and I'm pretty vocal about it. I found my own family, the kind that laughs, fights, bleeds, cries, and dies together. Those people can hurt me, but they won't. Most people just don't understand the concept of forsaking your family for homies. I guess it's a hood thing.

I do get what you guys are talking about though, I always caught flak for my grades, my kleptomania, my appearance, my friends and habits. It would have hurt me if I wasn't "soulless" I guess(my nana's words). I watched it destroy others growing up, and always had a bed for the night or a shoulder for the ones who needed it. It's a screwed up world we live in when families are causing the majority of the pain that people feel. I'm not saying that there aren't loving families out there, I've crashed on their couches more than a few times, but this idea that we all have to be mean and hurtful in the most indirect and underhanded ways is just appalling. Words hurt and scar when they come from the people you care about/ expect to care about you.

Stephen Daidalus

Words weren't the only ways my biological parents hurt their kids. I don't think cutting off toxic family members is a 'hood thing'. I didn't speak to my father for 30 years, mother for more than 15 years. Then he died and left me everything, which admittedly wasn't much, but I got to hear from all sorts of family members who didn't have time for me before. I have a second family, still dysfunctional, but not in a way that leaves you with PTSD.

I don't think it's easy, or maybe even possible for some people, to forge as strong bond as an adult as they can with the people they grew up with. Certainly I have no adult friendships that can come close to what I have with a couple of my siblings, and while the sexual partner pair-bond can be extremely powerful, it is far from immutable or everlasting.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Words weren't the only ways my biological parents hurt their kids. I don't think cutting off toxic family members is a 'hood thing'. I didn't speak to my father for 30 years, mother for more than 15 years. Then he died and left me everything, which admittedly wasn't much, but I got to hear from all sorts of family members who didn't have time for me before. I have a second family, still dysfunctional, but not in a way that leaves you with PTSD.

I don't think it's easy, or maybe even possible for some people, to forge as strong bond as than they can with the people they grew up with. Certainly I have no adult friendships that can come close to what I have with a couple of my siblings, and while the sexual partner pair-bond can be extremely powerful, it is far from immutable or everlasting.
I wasn't speaking of the cutting off "toxic" members of the family a hood thing, that's self preservation, I meant the idea that in the end "family" is just a group of people that for some reason expect you to love them even before you know them due to some cosmic connection that logically makes no sense. I have seen it in other places from other people, but it seems like a more common thought in the hood, though it's far from common. As for siblings vs. people you grew up with, I have a brother, but he isn't the little bastard that my parents created 18 months after me, I can honestly say that I hate my sibling, but I love my brother. Maybe it is harder or impossible for other people out there, I never said I wasn't a seriously screwed up human being. I personally feel that I'm healthier this way though. Some of my relatives are a part of my family, because they actually care and have been there, but they had to be there before they were family. Again, I might just be screwed up, but seeing the way the world is going, and this next generation is turning out, I'm O.K. with that.

Stephen Daidalus

I wasn't speaking of the cutting off "toxic" members of the family a hood thing, that's self preservation, I meant the idea that in the end "family" is just a group of people that for some reason expect you to love them even before you know them due to some cosmic connection that logically makes no sense. I have seen it in other places from other people, but it seems like a more common thought in the hood, though it's far from common. As for siblings vs. people you grew up with, I have a brother, but he isn't the little bastard that my parents created 18 months after me, I can honestly say that I hate my sibling, but I love my brother. Maybe it is harder or impossible for other people out there, I never said I wasn't a seriously screwed up human being. I personally feel that I'm healthier this way though. Some of my relatives are a part of my family, because they actually care and have been there, but they had to be there before they were family. Again, I might just be screwed up, but seeing the way the world is going, and this next generation is turning out, I'm O.K. with that.

Never said you were screwed up, dude.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Stephen Daidalus

I know you didn't, I did. I drew that conclusion a long time ago, and like I said, I'm O.K. with that.

Okay. I can't speak for 'the hood' since I don't live in one. But the idea of loyalty to family regardless of how well or how badly they have treated you seems to be a pretty universal human compulsion. When I told people I had no intention of ever speaking to my parents again, they (the people I was talking to) pretty much all gasped in horror, and would go to great lengths to persuade me of the error of my ways.

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
While this is an entire other discussion, I feel like there is a huge societal emphasis on sticking with your family. Naturally, it makes sense, but at the same time, if your family is doing you more bad than good, a bit of space can be entirely recommended.

The difference that I have had to draw in my own life is that while I love my mother... I don't exactly like her, and I don't have to.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Okay. I can't speak for 'the hood' since I don't live in one. But the idea of loyalty to family regardless of how well or how badly they have treated you seems to be a pretty universal human compulsion. When I told people I had no intention of ever speaking to my parents again, they (the people I was talking to) pretty much all gasped in horror, and would go to great lengths to persuade me of the error of my ways.
I've noticed the same thing, when I tell people that I hate my little brother and that my mother, while I appreciate all that she HAS done for me, is far too unstable for me to be around, they always sing me the same old song about how it's my family and all that other bullplops. and I didn't mean to say that we're all like that, it's just that you'll usually(in my experience) find a few of us with the same ideology.

While this is an entire other discussion, I feel like there is a huge societal emphasis on sticking with your family. Naturally, it makes sense, but at the same time, if your family is doing you more bad than good, a bit of space can be entirely recommended.

The difference that I have had to draw in my own life is that while I love my mother... I don't exactly like her, and I don't have to.
Exactly, you don't have to, wait, I'm not gonna go off on another rant about this........
At the same time, I see where you're comin from in the post that started this whole tangent, and all I can offer is to listen if you need a sympthetic ear, and some small advice: look out for yourself and remember the people that HAVE been there for you.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
My brother doesn't want to live in our house anymore. He lives with myself, my Mom, and my Step-father.

He wants to live with our Dad, there's a number of reasons why he may want to live with him, and why he does not want to live here. It could either be because he struggles with ADHD/Dyslexia and struggles in school as a result, and has ultimately given up trying as a result. He knows that he were to live over there he would have his Xbox and his Dog, and he wouldn't have to worry about Dad making him do his homework. My Mother however continues to work with him and makes him do his schoolwork (literally sits with him every night, he's in either grade). This may be a big part of it, but may not be all of it.

Another reason may be me. I no longer am on speaking terms with my Father for various reasons and events that have occurred throughout my life, which I will not go into detail too. Ultimately I decided to no longer see him anymore and that was that. He, however, has really terrible anger issues, and has lashed out verbally on a number of different occasions.

Anyways, it is believed that I have told people the reason why I no longer see him, which I have, just not the entirety of it. My father, who thinks I have done something I haven't done, will retaliate by making up blatant lies about members of my family, and will manipulate my brother into believing they are true. My brother seems to have all of a sudden feel like he is obligated to spend time with ourDad because I no longer do, add that to the untruthful accusations and stories that he is littered with every weekend he goes off to visit him.

My Mother and my Step-father are struggling to keep him in the house. They know that what's best for him is to remain living with us, because my father would not pay attention to my brother's schoolwork and he will simply not do it. My brother, with his mind filled with all of these things, a long with the stress and anxiety of having to deal with an obligation, is lashing out in our house, and is almost trying to find a way, a reason to be able to say that he no longer wants to live here anymore.

Lots of fights have ensued, between my Brother and Mother, and my Brother and Step-Father. He falsely accused my Step-father of abusing him after an incident involving some wierd text-messages, in which my Step-father tried to grab the phone from him to take it away, because he was not giving it up.

My father used this as leverage through the numerous custody battles in court that have been going on this and this past year, there was simply no valid evidence of this assault because both myself and my mother were in the room when he tried to grab the phone, not to mention my Step-father has been raising us both for well over 12 years, and has never laid a hand on us.

Anyways, the tension in our household continued to increase, and my brother continued to show signs of rebellion in attempts to go and live with his Dad.

My conflict with my father left me drained at the end, and I was at peace and content when I was finally able to no longer have to see him again. So throughout this whole event I was sort of on the sidelines, observing and evaluating all that was going on. I had never really been close to my brother, and he never reached out to me for support because of this. He felt alone in this house, trapped.

It was one day a couple of weeks ago, after a stupid fight between my brother and my step-father ensued. My stepfather stormed out of the house and my brother was a little heated. I again, witnessed this from the living room couch as it took place in the kitchen.

He was talking to himself, the whole, "I want to get out of this fluffing house." type deal, and he eventually came over to me and started to rant in front of me, I listened.

I listened to what he had to say, and then I gave my thoughts on it, and then we switched. We basically had a long sit-down and I told him my observation on the whole situation, as a person who belonged to neither party and was fighting for neither side, and he respected me and the fact I wasn't trying to yell or make him make any decision right then and there. He told me his own perspective about what was going on, and boy he couldn't be any more wrong. He would tell me things that it was so obvious our Dad told him that were so beyond untrue I couldn't believe it. I never called him out on it though, because that's what everyone always does. On this day I left him with his same beliefs.

As a last ditch effort to try and get me to come talk to him, my Dad actually lied about being diagnosed with testicular cancer, and that he had months to live. The lies that he told my baby brother were on just about the same caliber in regards to what was going on and what happened behind the scenes.

Long story short, we ended on good notes. He listened to what I had to say, and he said he would take the advice I had given him.

We had grown a little closer within these past few short weeks more than we ever had in our entire lives because of that one talk, in which I treated him like a person whose perspective matters, and who I didn't yell at when he said something and in my mind I was going crazy.

My mother came into my room today, and thanked me so much for all that I had done for my brother, that talk, and the continued actions afterward gave my mother, my step-father, and my brother's therapists hope that we may be able to get him out of this "spell" that my father has seemed to cast upon him.

I was the only one that was ever able to get to my brother, I was the only one that instilled hope. The therapists said that he seemed much happier, and much more stabled, and would constantly put in a good word for me.

I thought nothing of it, I was just trying to give my thoughts on something to someone who had just given his and was asking for it. I know it would be for the better if he were to stay here, and it was clear I would be the only reason he would choose to stay. So I promised myself I would help as much I can, all the while staying true to being the voice of reason or the person who plays for no side, just an observer.

Well, after congratulating me my Mother then begins to ask for me to accompany my brother, a long with my Step-father, to the Freshman orientation of my High-School, where he will be attending next year. Having experienced it before, it kind of sucked, and it wasn't that big of a deal. It was a basic seminar of people telling you things you already knew about the school. I had a lot of homework, but at the same time I didn't want to go. However, my Mother continued to try and pressure me to go, because she thought it would help if I were there, and that I continue to talk with him, almost convince him to do what my parents ultimately want him to do.

I said I would think about it, but I ultimately decided not to go. My parents are now both beyond angry at me, and for reasons I can't understand. This is where my rant begins:

I am the only person who has been able to shine any light on my brother. It has been proven. You have congratulated me and thanked me and wanted me to continue to do what I was doing. However, you also now want to treat me like a puppet and order me to do things that will ultimately do nothing? Honestly, I know my parents have put so much time and effort into trying to help my brother, but they have failed every single time. Now that I have gotten to my brother, they now want to work through me.

Absolutely not.

Nothing they have done has worked, I was not asked to have that initial talk with my brother, I will continue to do what I can to help my brother, but I will not be forced to do anything. Doing something like that would make it blatantly obvious that I was being asked to do what I was doing, which in my brothers eyes would look like I have taken the side of my mother and step-father. As a result of this, I will lose his trust, and we will never have a talk like that again.

So don't get mad, let me do my own thing, don't put words into my mouth and don't make me act on anything. I know that the best place for my brother is here, and I want him to succeed. I have the trust and I know how to deal with it, so let me do it. It baffled me that they couldn't understand that, that how one minute they were thanking me for all that I have been doing, but then they would follow-up with an order, as if this was one big operation. No, my brother is a human being and he deserves attention and guidance from a third party, being me, so please just back off, parents.

(Okay, I apologize for the long post, most of this "rant" was technically a background story leading up to the rant, I had to write it because the rant would otherwise make no sense to anyone not involved.)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Yesterday I went to a restaurant with my mother and her boyfriend. Suddenly the waiter asked me how old I was. When I asked him why he wanted to know that he said: "children under the age of 12..." wow stop. Under the age of 12? How old do I look? 11?!
I told the guy I was 17. Next time I go there I will say that I'm 11 so I can eat all night long for only 10 euros. And I don't care how long it will take me, but I will keep eating for 10 euros until they are bankrupt. :mad:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Yesterday I went to a restaurant with my mother and her boyfriend. Suddenly the waiter asked me how old I was. When I asked him why he wanted to know that he said: "children under the age of 12..." wow stop. Under the age of 12? How old do I look? 11?!
I told the guy I was 17. Next time I go there I will say that I'm 11 so I can eat all night long for only 10 euros. And I don't care how long it will take me, but I will keep eating for 10 euros until they are bankrupt. :mad:

You most certainly don't look 11 xD But I agree on the revenge plan, sounds awesome.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts