Need to Vent & Rage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
You are not alone in your mother questioning your sexuality, either- my mom used to think I was a lesbian on the basis that I was not receptive to some random guy in the middle of Wal-mart trying to hit on me.

I like to think my mother wasn't being completely serious when she questioned my sexuality, because I am in no way feminine, other than the fact that I don't have an obvious expression when I see attractive girls. My Mom would do the same thing, she would be like, "Wow, look over there - she's pretty, huh?" We would be walking around a mall, and the girl was sitting at a table on her phone... and I could only think "She's probably tweeting about how she doesn't have a guy to go shopping with her."

I hope some day you manage to find yourself a woman who is at least remotely sane, however sometimes I wonder if such a thing is even possible- after all I think at this point society basically teaches us girls that it's normal behavior for us to be bitchy to other girls and that men are brainless monkeys and yet at the same time are supposed to be able to satisfy all our whims at the drop of a hat, no matter how frivolous, and if he doesn't want to or can't, he doesn't really care about us.

This whole thing is perfect, no comment. I'll give you rep or something.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Thanks, I appreciate it. As to the circumstances I live around/in, well, I live in Arkansas where there are a lot of old fashioned attitudes still floating around. So in edition to being a dainty princess, I should really be in the kitchen making dinner for the menfolk.

Just head west and find a 'hood. It's a bit more accepting cuz we ain't accepted, or just find one person to help pump you up and remind you that there isn't anything wrong with YOU, society just sucks. On the note of Arkansas, I'm sorry, I even hate it there.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Checkout lines in grocery stores where the cashier and baggers are more interested in talking with each other then taking care of your groceries. Seriously, just get out of my way, I'll do it myself. :cowboy:

Znowcicle

Chimera~
This right here describes my family. My parent's other child(technically my brother but I refuse to acknowledge it) is a thief with a proven drug problem. He's been thrown out already, and come back multiple times. When he's here, I do my best to ignore him and my stuff is now locked up pretty tight, but he continually spreads lies around the neighborhood and the house, and when he gets confrontational and we fight, guess who gets in trouble. The guy that is supposed to control himself because it's always the drugs talking when he starts pl*ps. I'm not fragile, but I do break easier than most, and I'm sorry, if he walks away without a scratch, and I have two broken ribs in a very debilitating spot, it's not my fault. I get where you guys are comin from, usually the best policy that I've found is, sadly to not be home. I hate that the solution is to avoid my grandfather's house where I grew up, but it is what it is.
Yeah, this house I'm living in now I've lived in all my life and I don't even feel like it's mine anymore. :/ But I can't do anything about it. She has a job, I can't find one, and still they provide her with better things, more money, when she doesn't do a damn thing. Not getting money doesn't bother me, it's the fact that my dad is always on my neck about getting a job when I'm trying to focus on school and have been trying to get a job for three years. I don't get an allowance, I get by with the gas money I'm fortunate enough to receive. Other than that, I do my chores without complaining and carry on my merry way while she has absolutely no chores to do around the house, but somehow, it's always me that people get pissed at... Sometimes it feels like this world is completely backwards, but I still try to view the little things with hope. Like how I'm about to start signing up for classes at college with the little money I was able to get from FAFSA. Of course my dad doesn't even know that I'm signing up for school I don't think. It was like a terrible favor to ask him to help me fill out my FAFSA so I could start going to college and better my life. It sure is nice to know that I'm not the only one in this world having these problems though. In all reality, we're all not as alone as we might think. Sometimes it's just hard to see that though.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
I'm sick of getting crap for not looking and sounding like a dainty little princess. I'm a 17 year old girl, and I keep my hair short, in a pixie cut, because A) I don't like having to hassle with long hair, and B) I just happen to like it better that way. I've never liked make-up, and while I own and very much like several pieces of my wardrobe that are on the girly side, I'm not one to prance around in pink and sparkles and frills. I have a considerably deeper voice than you might except from a teenaged girl. My boobs are small. Overall, I'm a little bit scrawny and boy-ish looking. Well, what's wrong with that? Something, according to society- and my own mother. She wants me to be more lady-like, both in personality and especially in appearance. My hair is a particular sore spot- she's never liked it, and even went so far as to say that "You don't look pretty. You look cute, but not pretty.". Um... ouch. She continues to try and convince me to wear make-up even though she knows I don't like it. I used to be comfortable with the way I looked. Why, there was a time I would've dared say I thought I was kind of pretty. I liked my unusually deep voice- I thought it was unique. Well all that is now a memory. I have mixed feelings about my appearance at best. I sometimes cringe when I hear my own voice (mainly due to some certain individuals giving me the cruel nickname of "man-voice"). I'm angry at myself for letting peoples' words get to me, and I tell you I want to punch myself in the face when I think about changing the way I look just to conform to other peoples' expectations. So I don't look like the every single other girl who walks down the street, so what? Well APPARENTLY, that's the only way anyone will ever find me attractive or desirable. Nice job, society.
That's messed up on your mom's part. I know how you feel and I just can't wrap my head around why people immediately judge people on their looks. The exterior is just one part of a person, not the whole, but people in society (in my opinion of the majority) are shallow and afraid of being different from the usual "sheep" that walk in the crowds so they attack those people who aren't afraid to make them feel like they aren't the odd ones for conforming....if that makes sense. I've often had battles with myself about letting peoples' words get to me, and sometimes in my life, the words won, but over time, the only person that really has to deal with you is you, so why not like yourself? :)

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Damn, I'm so sorry you have to go through that, Znowcicle . One would think that a parent(s) would be very supportive of their child pursuing education and sharpening his/her skills. An education in these times is the most useful weapon one can have in their "arsenal" when applying for jobs. Wish you the best! :)

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Prepare for a wall of text.

This topic has been up for discussion before, and I'll bring it up again. Some people just need to mind their own business. I have a co-worker who's on the larger side of the weight scale, who always claims to be on a diet and who blames her weight on the fact that she's had a baby......3 years ago. I don't care about people weight, but when said people start commenting on mine, I get pissed.

A while ago she wanted me to go on a vlcd (very low calorie diet) with her because she wanted someone to motivate her, sure I thought, I can do that for a week and be supportive. Problem is that she cheated as soon as she thought I wasn't watching, I found her in the kitchen at work eating candy from a bowl we had there, fine, I thought, not my problem. I did finish that week of the diet and then went back to my normal eating and exercise.

Now to the thing that is the reason behind this rant. She keeps trying to bring me down by sating stuff like "You're so skinny, there's like nothing left of you, it's not healthy" And the other day she was talking to another co-worker, loudly just to make sure I could hear it, and she was saying stuff like "Women who lift weights are pathetic, do they think muscles are attractive? Guys don't even like that look on women"

Okay, first of all, I don't give a F about what guys think about muscles on women, second, I do not look like some bodybuilder okay? That is not the look I'm going for, there is a difference between being fit and being built. Women don't lift weights for a month and then walk out of the gym looking like a massive pile of muscles, the female body does not work like that. I lift because I want to look fit, I want some amount of visible muscles without taking it too far, because I like that look, and why would care what anyone else thinks?

It's so obvious that there is a high amount of envy involved since she keeps making statements like "how stupid people are for wasting time at the gym" I've lost around 10kg (22 pounds) this year and she keeps asking me how I did it in a very condescending way, almost like she thinks I somehow cheated or something, how could I possibly cheat?! Eat right, exercise, and you'll lose weight, simple as that. It's not like it happened over night dammit! It took me 12 weeks to get where I am, and I haven't reached my goal yet.

I guess what makes me so angry is the fact that she is allowed to hate on me and call me names based on my weight, and talk pl*** about me and the people I work out with, and I can't say anything about her because that would be mean or whatever since she's overweight.

Like I said, I don't care about peoples weight as long as they don't comment on mine. I don't usually show off like this since I feel kinda uncomfortable exposing too much in public like this, but f***f it, I'll post this pic just to show you my alleged muscles that according to her, looks disgusting, as you can see, no muscles were found this day :D
View attachment 5207

Sure I'm gonna build some amount of muscle but that doesn't happen over night either and it's only been 2 months so far. And I'm sure my co-worker will be hating me more and more for every month that goes by. I'm so sick of her, I heard rumors about her quitting the job soon, I hope those rumors are true.

Firstly, you look great! Screw any negativity from assholes like your coworker! Today I posted my progress from two months of Turbo Fire on Facebook, which is twelve pounds lost as well as a lot of lean muscle gained. Nothing that could be considered "bragging" at all, just that I was very excited and pleased with my progress thus far and that I cant wait to see the final results in less than a month. My childhood best friend of 18 years writes me a message telling me that I need to quit "gloating" because it makes people like her (she's obese, but not once have I *ever* pushed her to lose weight, nor have I even brought it up) feel worthless. I replied that I'm sorry she feels that way, but not sorry for busting my ass everyday to get closer to where I want to be. She basically told me to fluff off. I could seriously cry - I could potentially lose an otherwise great friend over something as silly as this. I rarely post about working out to begin with, so I'm not sure why she's so upset; if anything, I would think she would be somewhat supportive. I know I would be if she felt accomplished about something she's worked hard for. Sigh. :sadface:

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
We have a plastic bag filled with batteries lying in our car. I think I put it there a year ago...
APPARANTLY, SOMEWHERE IN THIS COUNTRY, THERE IS A BIN THAT SAYS: RECYCLE YOUR BATTERIES HERE!

If someone would ever come across the mythic battery bin, please let me know...
I already found a picture, so they do exist.. But where oh where are they? That's the question.
images (2).jpg

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Checkout lines in grocery stores where the cashier and baggers are more interested in talking with each other then taking care of your groceries. Seriously, just get out of my way, I'll do it myself. :cowboy:

Yeah, and being behind people who are paying with credit that can't find their credit card, then are too stupid to figure out how to use it. Then, they find out that they're out of credit, so they fill out a check. Then, while they are filling out the check, they choose some of the groceries they want to put back because they don't have enough money in their account.

I pay with cash.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Yeah, and being behind people who are paying with credit that can't find their credit card, then are too stupid to figure out how to use it. Then, they find out that they're out of credit, so they fill out a check. Then, while they are filling out the check, they choose some of the groceries they want to put back because they don't have enough money in their account.

That sounds like me :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member

I pay with cash.

I used to work as a bag boy. What I hated more than anything was people who get up in line with two buggies of groceries, I bag it, then they can't pay for it. So I had to take it all back and put it up. So much FUUUUUU.

KattSand

Premium Member
Firstly, you look great! Screw any negativity from assholes like your coworker! Today I posted my progress from two months of Turbo Fire on Facebook, which is twelve pounds lost as well as a lot of lean muscle gained. Nothing that could be considered "bragging" at all, just that I was very excited and pleased with my progress thus far and that I cant wait to see the final results in less than a month. My childhood best friend of 18 years writes me a message telling me that I need to quit "gloating" because it makes people like her (she's obese, but not once have I *ever* pushed her to lose weight, nor have I even brought it up) feel worthless. I replied that I'm sorry she feels that way, but not sorry for busting my ass everyday to get closer to where I want to be. She basically told me to fluff off. I could seriously cry - I could potentially lose an otherwise great friend over something as silly as this. I rarely post about working out to begin with, so I'm not sure why she's so upset; if anything, I would think she would be somewhat supportive. I know I would be if she felt accomplished about something she's worked hard for. Sigh. :sadface:
Haters gonna hate :p It's so stupid that us who do work out aren't allowed to be proud and excited about our progress since it's seen as bragging by some people.

xsneakyxsimx

I am very sorry about that irish, but to me, it's sounds like she may not view your friendship the same way as you do. It's very disheartening to think that, but it's what it looks like, to me at least. For your sake, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Haters gonna hate :p It's so stupid that us who do work out aren't allowed to be proud and excited about our progress since it's seen as bragging by some people.

If it's something that is posted every other week or something like that, then I don't see an issue with posting about it. If, on the other hand, it's posted every 5 minutes (Not saying that you do, but I've seen in happen on Facebook), that's when it starts to get on mine (and I'm sure others) nerves. And besides, like irish said, you look great! Your co-worker is just jealous.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

O.K. got somethin new to vent:
So my dad is nearly 50 yrs old, is technically a master carpenter and is doin Reconstruction work for a water and mold damage company. The man has been in this line of work for 30+ years, it's all he's ever done. He signed on with this company a few years back and ever since has been underpaid and overworked. It's affected all of us(except my parent's other child who deals drugs) and we've all tried to help him out in anyway we can despite other family issues(usually revolving around my parent's other child). Recently the company has changed his pay system, took away his partner, and has been giving him less and less work. At the same time, my mother(who has been working with him for nearly 20 yrs) has decided that since they're separated, any little thing is part of an argument, including work. Their other child is unreliable at best and never helps out when he says he will, and I'm currently too injured to help(can't lift ten pounds with my left side, much less 80 pound bags of concrete with my upper body). He's working alone on jobs that should require at least 3 people and getting paid plops for the job, as well as getting chewed out when the jobs are done a day or two late. Oh and while I'm at it, I might as well add that he's supporting 4 of us while paying 2 separate household's payments. I feel like I should be helping, but every time I've tried I end up worsening my injuries to the point where I can't walk any respectable distance or lift myself from a sitting position. Between my injuries, my mother's stubbornness, and his age related slowing down, it's startin to look pretty bad. Anyways, once again thanks for reading/listening and I apologize for the wall of text there.

xsneakyxsimx

Well, since this thread is what this is, I hate myself, because I see all these stories, and they make me feel like a whinger, like my problems are extremely petty compared to everyone else. I feel like I don't ever deserve to complain about anything because it's not a 'real problem'.

Stephen Daidalus

Well, since this thread is what this is, I hate myself, because I see all these stories, and they make me feel like a whinger, like my problems are extremely petty compared to everyone else. I feel like I don't ever deserve to complain about anything because it's not a 'real problem'.

Comparing your own problems to other people only trivializes your problems. We're taught to do this, but I don't think it's always helpful. After all, no matter how bad things are, given that there are 7 billion people in the world, chances are someone will be much worse off. Does that mean that no one deserves to complain or no one really has 'real problems', except that one poor guy right at the bottom?

This is just my opinion, but I believe that if something is causing you physical, emotional, or spiritual pain to a degree that you can't get over it in a couple of days (nevermind if it SHOULD or not -- forget that -- it only matters if it DOES), then it qualifies as a 'real problem', and you have every right to complain about it, vent over it, and ask for help if you think you need it.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Every problem deserves it's own attention and voice. If you only share the big stuff and bottle the little stuff, you end up hurting just as bad, cuz that lil stuff piles up quick. Some people's problems seem more severe, but all are important to express/vent somehow. I just prefer to take little stuff(IMO) out on a brick wall