Movies that tend to put you in the mood for Skyrim...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
So I was sitting here watching "Return of the King: Special Edition" and got to thinking...what movies tend to put you in the mood to want to jump-up and log on to Skyrim? For me it's been, in the past the following:

Hawk The Slayer (1980-81 B movie Gem)
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Game of Thrones.

I was just interested in what made you, the Gamer, set your mind to task in Skyrim/Cyrodil.

***Note***
I also must admit to wanting ideas for new movies to watch as well and thought what better place to find out than from fellow Fantasy Gamers.

sticky runes

Animation:
Disney's The Black Cauldron
Gargoyles
The Last Unicorn
Ralph Bakshi's Fire & Ice
Beowulf
Futurama: Bander's Game
How to Train Your Dragon
Brave looks pretty good, but I haven't seen it yet.

Live Action Movies:
The Vikings
Spartacus
Conan the Barbarian
Conan the Destroyer
Outlander
Willow
Ladyhawk
Stardust
Sword of Xanten
Tristan & Isolde
Ironclad
Solomon Kane
The Eagle
Centurion

TV Shows:
Game of Thrones
Rome
Spartacus
Hercules The Legendary Journeys
Xena Warrior Princess

Siil

Breathe...
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, specifically the Battle of the Hornburg - or the Battle of Helm's Deep - from The Two Towers, and the Battle of the Pelennor Fields from The Return of the King. I think both of these are wonderfully portrayed on film and, though I definitely don't expect a battle of such an immense size when I get there, I always travel to the city of Markarth after watching. Markarth - or, as I like to call it, "Minas Markarth" - is my favorite city in the game - its architectural beauty and rugged elegance make me give a manly squeal (if possible).

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
Basically any fantasy-based movie makes me want to play Skyrim. Recently I watched Harry Potter and got the urge to create a Mage character. :p

I watched Django Unchained last weekend, a movie about Slavery in America, with guns involved - and for some reason that gave me an urge to play... o_O

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Okay. When I saw the title for this on the main page, all it said was "Movies that tend to put you in the mood for..." and my mind TOTALLY went in a COMPLETELY different direction....

Anyone who knows me will not be surprised in the least.

As for movies that put me in the mood for Skyrim, actually, I have to say watching the TV show Merlin does. Especially after scenes when he's talking to the dragon. He kinda reminds me of Paarthurnax. :)

LucasNL

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
And every time I watch a Skyrim video on youtube I pause it after 2/3 minutes because I want to play it myself.

Siil

Breathe...
kyleekay said:
Recently I watched Harry Potter and got the urge to create a Mage character

Harry has seeped into my Skyrim as well. I find myself shouting entirely appropriate incantations and other remarks at the television.

• When I cast the paralyze spell: "Petrificus Totalus!"
  • When I kill a dragon: "One-hundred points from Slytherin."
  • When fighting a skeever: "Peter Pettigrew!"
  • When I use the Disarm Shout: "Expelliarmus!"
  • When I conjure a familiar: "Expecto Patronum!"
  • When I cast candlelight: "Lumos!"
  • When fighting a werewolf: "Nice doggie... Nice doggie..."
  • When closing a map: "Mischief managed."
Among other things, there are just so many ways to incorporate it into the game.

Reactions: Niq

Adam Warlock

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS(1963)--

The scene where the dragon teeth are grown into Skeletons who attack with swords and shields is totally Skyrim.

One of the best movie monsters EVER is the boss automaton who was a giant statue of TALOS !(not kidding)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The opening scene from Gladiator always gets me in the mood for my Imperial character, the gladiator parts further in the movie make me want to get into the Arena in Oblivion "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED"
King Arthur 2004.
Any Lord of the Rings film.

sticky runes

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS(1963)--

The scene where the dragon teeth are grown into Skeletons who attack with swords and shields is totally Skyrim.

One of the best movie monsters EVER is the boss automaton who was a giant statue of TALOS !(not kidding)

Ah yes, the Greek bronze giant Talos, who was taken down by the Argonauts (Slightly different from Skyrim's Talos!) I wish the skeletons in Skyrim were tougher so I could fight them for longer.

And there's a saber cat in Sinbad and the eye of the Tiger!:)

Adam Warlock

Ah yes, the Greek bronze giant Talos, who was taken down by the Argonauts (Slightly different from Skyrim's Talos!) I wish the skeletons in Skyrim were tougher so I could fight them for longer.

And there's a saber cat in Sinbad and the eye of the Tiger!:)
For longer fights with Skeletons , get a wooden sword and put a very weak fire enchantment on it.
Great fun to set the bony bastards on fiame and let them chase you around until you`re ready to bust them to pieces!

Batman films - I like going into my house (base) gearing up ready for some more adventures! Putting on my Nightingale armour so I look similar to Batsy and riding Shadowmere - the Skyrim equivilent to the Batmobile.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
when I saw the hobbit, as soon as I seen the dragon I was like Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim.

sticky runes

Batman films - I like going into my house (base) gearing up ready for some more adventures! Putting on my Nightingale armour so I look similar to Batsy and riding Shadowmere - the Skyrim equivilent to the Batmobile.

There are a few Batman ideas you can incorporate into your Skyrim experience.

Female khajiit who becomes a thief (Catwoman)
red haired alchemist who uses lots of poisons (Poison Ivy)
Ice magic and heavy armour (Mr. Freeze)
Create a male with asymmetrical facial features and flip a coin to choose between persuade and intimidate and other such decisions(Two-face)
Heavily built Argonian (Killer Croc)
Mage specializing in fear spells and other illusion magic (Scarecrow)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts