• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheHaydz242

What's the worst death you've had that really made you rage? I was in a cave fighting Vampires, taking on 2 master vampires. WIN. (barely) turn around. And get killed by a skeever, I felt like throwing the TV out the window because I had Auto-save off.

Clau

The Fateless One
The most frustrating death I had was with Barbas pushing me off the cliff as I was searching for that axe. What was frustrating is that we traveled on foot from the shrine into the area of Solitude. Really ruined my indulgence as I had to re-load from the start of that quest.

TheHaydz242

The most frustrating death I had was with Barbas pushing me off the cliff as I was searching for that axe. What was frustrating is that we traveled on foot from the shrine into the area of Solitude. Really ruined my indulgence as I had to re-load from the start of that quest.

Oh man...

Clau

The Fateless One

TheHaydz242

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Happened recently, I was doing something or other near Goldenglow Estate in between doing some Daedric quests, kind of playing around with the Vampire Lord skill tree and had turned auto saves off for some stupid reason or another. Anyway, ran out of magicka and stamina, so reverted my form back to the Bosmer thief that I am, completely forgetting that it was daytime and health doesn't regenerate for me.

So, a mercenary trio ends up killing me. Now a death every now and then isn't going to annoy me, until...I reload and realize that my autosave wasn't on. So, got to go back and do those Daedric quests again.

TheHaydz242

i usually manage to run into trouble while chasing butterflies/moths/bugs, have gone off of cliffs in the past or ran right into cave bears >.<

I can just Imagine a guy with a dragon priest mask skip off the side of a cliff now! xD

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Mine was pure stupidity. i was going for my 1st true Dead-Is-Dead Master H/Core rules char. I spent ages designing his look in the initial screen, and had just entered the tower and was running up the stairs....I had great plans for this guy.

Then the phone went, so I hit pause. 10 mins later, call over....`ah now where was I` (still running up the stairs, mind elsewhere)..Alduin firebreathes and I'm on fire (oops)...damn musn't panic, but I'm blinded by the fire effect can't see wher...ahh I'm falling!...oh shoot, I'm dead....

Highly embarrasing. I should be able to do the tutorial with my eyes shut by now, and apparently I just did :oops:

TheHaydz242

Mine was pure stupidity. i was going for my 1st true Dead-Is-Dead Master H/Core rules char. I spent ages designing his look in the initial screen, and had just entered the tower and was running up the stairs....I had great plans for this guy.

Then the phone went, so I hit pause. !0 mins later, call over....`ah now where was I` (still running up the stairs, mind elsewhere)..Alduin firebreathes and I'm on fire (oops)...damn musn't panic, but I'm blinded by the fire effect can't see wher...ahh I'm falling!...oh shoot, I'm dead....

Highly embarrasing. I should be able to do the tutorial with my eyes shut by now, and apparently I just did :oops:

You died on the tutorial? Now that's a new one! :D

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
I'm thinking you're the first person I've talked to that's died on the tutorial, lol

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
You died on the tutorial? Now that's a new one! :D
Yep. I must have over a 1000 hrs on Skyrim, and its the most stupid ever. I'm just sitting there thinking `ah shoot...well never mind..I'll just go back to the initial autosave...then...oh no, I'm playing Dead is Dead...ffs, ffs, FFS!`

Distracting phonecalls and Skyrim don't mix well ;)

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Maybe the first that's admitted it :)...I'm actually pretty good at this game, but distractions are distractions...

This is very true. Every now and then I'll think that I've paused it, and really haven't. Needless to say that caused a few deaths, lol.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
Mudcrabs. Searching the pool for nirnroot and suddenly I'm taking damage.
'Wtf, where?' and I'm searching for a bandit archer.
Eventually died and saw the culprit. :/

Unit7

I'm thinking you're the first person I've talked to that's died on the tutorial, lol

Hello, my name is Unit7 and I have also died during the Tutorial. :)

Then the phone went, so I hit pause. 10 mins later, call over....`ah now where was I` (still running up the stairs, mind elsewhere)..Alduin firebreathes and I'm on fire (oops)...damn musn't panic, but I'm blinded by the fire effect can't see wher...ahh I'm falling!...oh shoot, I'm dead....

I can relate in the shame of dying in the tutorial dungeon. I think it was during the very first fight. I was being cocky and thought 'pfft I can take these guys on." Then one of them stabs me through the chest.

Actually come to think of it I died once to Alduin during the Tutorial. I wasn't even aware I could die. I think I was dicking around near where you had to choose which door to go in. Next thing I know Alduin pretty much destroys me. I was simply amazed. Though perhaps that is more or less designed with some hidden timer or something.

But yeah. Dying anytime before you actually escape Helgen is just sad. :sadface:
Now in my defense I was playing on Master...

I probably have a bunch of deaths that have really sent me into a rage. But I can't think of them.

Oh I know. I was doing the Silver Lining quest for the Thieves Guild. Actually that whole dungeon was rather surreal for me. I felt like a complete noob and like I had never played Skyrim before. First it took me ages to actually find the button. Even reloading just to rehear the conversation again. Ran around the first area like a chicken with it's head cut off. It was just sad. ThougH i had never actually done this one before so.

Anyways it was the boss. Rigel or whatever her name was. I had decided to just pick the treasury lock and skip the fight altogether but then I decided to go back and fight her. She was sleeping and I knew that i could have killed her with a sneak attack. But the thing is sometimes I feel like I need to just prove that I don't need the sneak attack to beat something. In fact it's not uncommon where I actually quick save after I defeat something and revert to a previous save just so I could beat them again without using any explots/stealth. Which just reminds me of another rage inducing fight.

Anyways she could kill me in a few hits. I could barely get her down to half health and I was running low on potions. The way I play and limit myself I tend to go through them alot. I could have used some shouts but I decided nope. I am taking her down warrior style. I did beat her, not sure how. but I did. :)

Another really rage inducing fight was getting Queen Freydas or whatever her name was Sword. It was in this cave full of mages. Lots of them. They also just loved to spawn Flame Atronachs. Which at first seemed good because I need the fire salts.

I get to the point in this dungeon in a small room that's sorta flooded. Almost every mage in the dungeon was in that room. Fireballls were being thrown around and I just kept dying over and over again. I had lydia with me and she helped a little but... I decided to leave her behind and just stealth this place. Unfortunately I kept getting caught so I ended up getting Lydia back and then dying a few more times and then making her wait near the entrance. Eventually I got it to the point where some of the mages left and I could infact sneak and stealth kill some of them.

I beat the quest and like I said before I felt determined to beat it warrior style.

Now here's the kicker. After all that death and rage. I killed my way into that area and the mages were pretty much all there and....

I killed them all without dying. Sure I used potions and such but for whatever reason I beat them. I felt like a damned fool for dying so much before that I just couldn't believe it.

but then again I shouldn't have been surprised. I have noticed that sometimes I can die a whole lot in thesekinds of battles. Sometimes I end up delaying the fight for later on a different playthrough. But sometimes even right after getting my butt handed to me for the past twenty minutes I can just go in, kill everyone, and be done with it in minutes as if I were playing on novice.

Or something.

Oh and I tend to rage everytime I see a dragon and a giant fighting because if I stay long enough the Dragon will die and the Giant will come after me. :sadface:

Although running from Giants can be a lot of fun. Seriously next time you see a giant aggro him and just run and try and keep him chasing you. One of my favorite memories of Skyrim has to be running like a mad man from two giants during my first playthrough. Or maybe it was my second. Oh well. :p

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
Getting decapitated by a Vampire. I still had about half my health, and I didn't even know that could happen to you. So yeah, it was pretty jarring.

Ritterkreuz

I died looking for the Horn of Jorgen Windcaller once. I was going through Ustengrav and for instead of walking down to the word wall I decided to jump. It was then that I discovered that the water was only knee deep and not quite the pool I thought it was.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
I do seem to recall that I got absolutely demolished by a Nightingale Sentinel on my first shot at the Pilgrim's Path. Didn't even seem them until I got stabbed in the gut about 30 times.

Ritterkreuz

I do seem to recall that I got absolutely demolished by a Nightingale Sentinel on my first shot at the Pilgrim's Path. Didn't even seem them until I got stabbed in the gut about 30 times.

I accidentally strayed into the light on part of that trail and wasn't paying enough attention to my health once. That was an annoying death as it sent me all the way back to the moment I had first walked into the place.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts