• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hunfar

Is there really any reason to visit Morthal? They don't have a general goods store OR a blacksmith... And if that wasn't bad enough, the inn doesn't even have a freaken cooking pot!

ShadowGambit

Only if you want the Mehrunes Razor.

Imperialist

You're sort of right. Went there, bought a room, noticed it was 11am in the game, and then left because I decided to go and actually do something. Instead of fast traveling I just walked off on foot up the mountains.

NOT a good idea, if you haven't already. I found some sort of palace, not marked on map, and came across bandits, wolfs, different types of soldier that puked on you (Called afflicted I think.) and just nasty stuff.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Besides the Vampire quest or needing Falion, I never visited that town again.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
You're sort of right. Went there, bought a room, noticed it was 11am in the game, and then left because I decided to go and actually do something. Instead of fast traveling I just walked off on foot up the mountains.

NOT a good idea, if you haven't already. I found some sort of palace, not marked on map, and came across bandits, wolfs, different types of soldier that puked on you (Called afflicted I think.) and just nasty stuff.

Was it Bthardamz that you stumbled upon? It's full of the afflicted, plus dwarven automatons.

As to the question the OP posted, I've only visited Morthal a few times. There are no redeeming qualities to it.

Golgo_SPB

Nope nothing much in Morthal...

1 potential follower
1 interesting quest
cure for vampirism
master trainer in conjuration that also sells black soul gems
Also a close place to a vampire den if you want to catch vampirism

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
True, but it has to be the least interesting town. Even Winterhold is better. Lol!

Yeah, at least Winterhold has the college. Morthal's got nada...

Hunfar

Nope nothing much in Morthal...

1 potential follower
1 interesting quest
cure for vampirism
master trainer in conjuration that also sells black soul gems
Also a close place to a vampire den if you want to catch vampirism

Maybe not entirely pointless, the quest was interesting and all but when i'm on the go I need towns where i can sell my goods and cook my food so naturally Dawnstar is where i'm headed instead.

Golgo_SPB

I agree with you that it's not a very resourceful place, I haven't been back there for a while now...

one other thing I didn't list is the abundant deathbells surrounding the area

Neriad13

Premium Member
It would've been cooler if the "Falion's Secret" quest wasn't broken. I'm really and truly curious about what his secret is. And Igrod Ravencrone's such a neat character. Easily one of my favorite jarls.

But...I do only stop in when I need a comfortable bed to crash in and Morthal's the closest town.

Imperialist

Was it Bthardamz that you stumbled upon? It's full of the afflicted, plus dwarven automatons.

As to the question the OP posted, I've only visited Morthal a few times. There are no redeeming qualities to it.

Yes it was Bthardamz. Yeah, I got a couple bandits come by too (Not necessarily difficult, but definitely not needed.), and there are a few thieves up there who appear out of nowhere and plant there stolen goods on you.

They claim they're being chased by thieves and say they'll be back to get it, but about five minutes later a hunter or someone will run by and ask you if you saw a thief.

Point is, you have the stolen goods on you and he's looking for them.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
...and there are a few thieves up there who appear out of nowhere and plant there stolen goods on you.

They claim they're being chased by thieves and say they'll be back to get it, but about five minutes later a hunter or someone will run by and ask you if you saw a thief.

Point is, you have the stolen goods on you and he's looking for them.

Yeah, I always kill those thieves, then just wait for their victim to show up and give them back the stolen goods. It's usually not something of use to me, anyway...

Appaullo

Morthal needs a hero like the other cities of Skyrim. Do not avoid them. Go there. Walk through town and let them gaze at your gloriousness!!

Appaullo