Little things make a Big Big Difference .. .. ..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
lol bristlin porupine just makes me laugh....god forbid one of the drauger lords does the disarm shout arrow and weapons flying everywhere....could poke an eye out.
I would like to see that though! Wouldn't a detonate spell be awesome that sends all your weapons flying every which way. I would love to use it in a crowded Inn or something. Plus it would make great theatre.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Along the lines of added/improved dialogue, I wish that every or almost every NPC could have lines that address the player's wearing of the Amulet of Mara and flirtation/proposal - for better or for worse, instead of sometimes not at all (as we know, many NPCs totally ignore the Amulet).

So for example, if you wore it around Brynjolf or Teldryn Sero, even though they're not marriageable vanilla-wise, they could have lines to indicate that aversion to the vows. Like, "You're sweet, but...I'm married to my job" or "It's not you, it's me". I think it would have added yet more realism and flavor to the whole marrying thing, instead of it seeming like a mere game mechanic with little charm or even utility in some cases.

I realize this would have required more dialogue for the "generalized" voices as well as the unique ones, but I think it would have been well worth it. Could have been very amusing, anyway. :p

You're pretty, I'll give you that. Just stay away from my husband Alvor.

Daelon DuLac

They could do like Dark Souls and only sheathe the weapons you have equipped. With the shield on your back and your swords in the sockets.
Absolutely. We also play Lord of the Rings: War in the North and that is the way that it goes as well. At least you can see what you have without referring to the menu.

Daelon DuLac

Along the lines of added/improved dialogue, I wish that every or almost every NPC could have lines that address the player's wearing of the Amulet of Mara and flirtation/proposal - for better or for worse, instead of sometimes not at all (as we know, many NPCs totally ignore the Amulet).

So for example, if you wore it around Brynjolf or Teldryn Sero, even though they're not marriageable vanilla-wise, they could have lines to indicate that aversion to the vows. Like, "You're sweet, but...I'm married to my job" or "It's not you, it's me". I think it would have added yet more realism and flavor to the whole marrying thing, instead of it seeming like a mere game mechanic with little charm or even utility in some cases.

I realize this would have required more dialogue for the "generalized" voices as well as the unique ones, but I think it would have been well worth it. Could have been very amusing, anyway. :p
I so agree. I also think it would be funny if EVERYONE made a comment regardless of sex, moral compass, etc... Some of the dialogue would be great. Big brave Companion warrior puts on the amulet and The Huntress gets all flirty, but then so does the dark elf. Or you're fighting some mighty necromacer and he/she notices you amulet and immediately drops combat to flirt with you. Hee hee... I'm chortling just thinking about the possiblitiies.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
i have often wondered why there are no bats in the game in the wild of skyrim I mean there are caves yet i have seen bats only in one cave and that is the one where you learn you first shout, the cave the jarl of whiterun sends you...than and *SPOILER* dawnguard if you go vamp then you can turn into a cloud of bats

Daelon DuLac

i have often wondered why there are no bats in the game in the wild of skyrim I mean there are caves yet i have seen bats only in one cave and that is the one where you learn you first shout, the cave the jarl of whiterun sends you...than and *SPOILER* dawnguard if you go vamp then you can turn into a cloud of bats
I think there's a couple of others too. I seen bats fly out of a few caves and even a couple of forts when I enter. No vampires in most of them, but in a couple. They seem to be mostly in the caves where the Bears and Trolls hang out for me.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Skyrim is basically an adult version of Barbie. We have our houses, pets, and even dress up our character's.

And everybody in Skyrim has a 6 pack. Has anyone else noticed this?

Daelon DuLac

Skyrim is basically an adult version of Barbie. We have our houses, pets, and even dress up our character's.

And everybody in Skyrim has a 6 pack. Has anyone else noticed this?
Agree on the Barbie part. I kinda like the 6 pack thing though. If I can't have one in real life, at least my fantasy life can be awesome!

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
I generally use weapons and armor based on aesthetics instead of damage output. I'll often use a Skyforge steel sword instead of a daedric sword because the steel appeals to me. Dragonbone armor will be forsaken for Nordic Carved, even if I don't have the perks to upgrade it. Stubborn? Perhaps. That could be fixed if I could customize my equipment.

Certain requirements would be needed to dictate what you could customize, mainly affected by your smithing skill and perks, but also by your allegiances and other choices. For example, you would gain the option of crafting a horse head pommel for your weapon after becoming Thane of Whiterun, but that pommel could not be made of ebony until you acquire the ebony smithing perk. You could engrave your equipment of course, but certain words and phrases (Hail Sithis, Dovahkiin, Volkihar, etc.), patterns and characters (Hermaeus Mora, Shor’s Hall, Falmer script) would not become available until relevant quests have been completed.

I can see my dream sword as clear as day: a grip wrapped in tough white leather; a silver-gilt pommel in the shape of an owl’s head, her eyes two tiny pearls; a silver-gilt owl-wing crossguard set with a large marquise cut diamond; a shining steel blade with "I Rest Not" engraved in elegant lettering on both sides. Her name would be “Glaucus”, she would be the only sword of her kind, and she would be all mine. I must have this sword!

SaveVsBedWet

A grappling hook with rope, and climbing/rappelling skill to go with them would seriously add to the realism of the game and would work wonders in eliminating one of the most annoying parts of it. Trekking miles out of one's way to go all the way around a mountain range for lack of a way to crest an 8 foot vertical gap or to progress at anything beyond a 30% incline on foot. Or having to choose between jumping down ridiculous distances and running all over to find a way down on foot.

You know. Since we're limit free on the wishlist. At least Morrowind let you fly over mountain ranges and hills with a high enough level Levitate spell.

To prevent this from becoming some unfair advantage to the Dragonborn, NPCs should be able to do the same thing with varying degrees of expertise. And then to really make it interesting, one should be able to cut the rope another is using to climb/descend.

If a person chose to actually remain stationary while on the rope, there should be other possibilities. With a high enough skill level, and an expensive enough climbing rig (like with a locking harness), one should be able to melee, use spells, or have limited use of a bow. With a cheaper harness and lower skill level, one should be limited to one handed actions with the understanding that it takes one hand to remain on.

Doesn't really seem like it would be that hard to pull off. But it would definitely add a bit to the game and remove a renowned annoyance.

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I feel like no one recognizes you by your titles. Everyone treats you like your a nobody. I killed alduin, run the college, and I'm the Listener. If anyone is the milk drinker here, it's you.

image.jpg

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Somebody say six pack?

Daelon DuLac

Somebody say six pack?

Uhm, Yikes! Ladies, ladies... Please don't wear that armor in to a fight. Not only will you have next to no protection, but you'll have an unfair advantage with the distraction factor. Hummina, hummina, hummina, hoooo WOW!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Uhm, Yikes! Ladies, ladies... Please don't wear that armor in to a fight. Not only will you have next to no protection, but you'll have an unfair advantage with the distraction factor. Hummina, hummina, hummina, hoooo WOW!

Oh, come on. The second is hot, but the first looks like someone who had a sex change.

Daelon DuLac

Oh, come on. The second is hot, but the first looks like someone who had a sex change.
Hey, I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and Miami for years. Sure, a lot of them may have been dudes once, but now - WOW! The wonders of collagen and silicone, eh?

On another subject: I'm thinking slutty assassin. I wonder how a build for that would work. Wouldn't want a slutty thief - unless it was a thief of hearts, of course. :)

Daelon DuLac

Is it my imagination or does the second one look a little like a young Traci Lords with a perm?

SaveVsBedWet

A grappling hook with rope, and climbing/rappelling skill to go with them would seriously add to the realism of the game and would work wonders in eliminating one of the most annoying parts of it.

Would be great if whoever slapped my earlier post with an "Off Topic" would kindly point out how my suggesting a grappling hook and climbing skill addition in a thread about "little things you think would improve the game" is inappropriate.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts