Little things make a Big Big Difference .. .. ..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

Just thought i would ask for your opinions about the little things that could be added to the game that in your own opinions would make the game feel better in some way, for example there are 2 things missing from Oblivion that i would really like to have seen included, first able to name your own spells and secondly the small icons on the screen for timing of spells, such as defenc had a small timer icon so you knew when it runs out, ,, ,, just a little thing but i feel the gameplay would be better, ,, well for me in any case. love to see your take on ''The little things''

xsneakyxsimx

Honestly... if you could go thought dungeons or ruins without killing everything that moves (as an alternative), that could add interesting opportunities. Say, some secret paths that can only be used by a Mage. Or a length of ledges that sneaky character could use to remain undetected. But that's just me...

Twiffle

^ well thats certainly different yes, , good one

CognitiveShift

Honestly... if you could go thought dungeons or ruins without killing everything that moves (as an alternative), that could add interesting opportunities. Say, some secret paths that can only be used by a Mage. Or a length of ledges that sneaky character could use to remain undetected. But that's just me...

I've walked right through a cave of bandits without being spotted but that was with muffled boots and shadowcloak lol, but when I got to the chief they heard the enchantment ringing when I was trying to sneak up to the chest then they yelled out and I had no choice but to fight. I hate how the dungeons/caves seem so linear sometimes, there might be a couple entrances but what about hidden openings like a little tunnel or hole in the top of caverns you can drop down in from? It probably wouldn't be as cool as it sounds though because there is a loading screen going into caves, so it isn't like you can just be running along a mountain and fall down into a cave.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
When you become a master at a certain school of magic, you should be able to customize the spells.

Like with conjuration, you should be able to exxtract something from dead animals, people, etc., and then conjure up similar beings. It would be cool being able to raise up mammoths, sabre cats, bears, etc.

Twiffle

When you become a master at a certain school of magic, you should be able to customize the spells.

Like with conjuration, you should be able to exxtract something from dead animals, people, etc., and then conjure up similar beings. It would be cool being able to raise up mammoths, sabre cats, bears, etc.

A Mammoth thrall ,, how cool would that be, lol

Zoch

I would really like it if people would say, cower and hide if you came riding into town in full DB gear, or stand in awe when you're in dragon armor. I don't like how nobody is the least suspicious of the guy in the Thieves' Guild uniform lurking around their shop.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I wish people were less rude in the game. It's a reason I never wear fancy armor because it feels stupid wearing daedric armor and hearing insults.

It's why I like rping mages that wear regular clothing

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I would really like it if people would say, cower and hide if you came riding into town in full DB gear, or stand in awe when you're in dragon armor. I don't like how nobody is the least suspicious of the guy in the Thieves' Guild uniform lurking around their shop.
This is a long standing gripe of mine. My characters are generally collectors of things, one of which is the different types of clothing and armor. I can walk around decked out in full Dark Brotherhood armor and nobody bats an eye. Only the All Seeing, All Knowing guards make any reference to my attire at all and that's generally limited to wearing some types of armor. Not wearing anything doesn't count. I would like personal references to wearing different things.

And ... I want to BE NOTICED! I almost single handedly save the whole friggin' world, become the leader of all the major factions, become Thane, and who knows what all else and yet ... nothing. I don't think it would've taken that much extra space on the game to include some acknowledgements from people on my achievements.

Also, arranging things so they sit properly and can be admired in my homes is a pain in my behind. Why do we get to collect all these cool things but showing them off properly is a harder task than defeating Alduin?

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
When an enemy cowers and begs for mercy, you should have the opportunity to grant it. And the chance that they would accept it and run out of the dungeon/cave/fortress and despawn. Or become a follower until dismissed.

The first time a bandit fell to his knees and did the "Mercy! I yield!" bit, I lowered my spells and was all "Very well. I shall name you Scruffy, and you will be my squire.". But the happy thought passed in an instant when he resumed attacking me and I cooked his face until his brain boiled out of his ears :sadface:

On the topic of humanoid followers: Illusion magic needs a master level "Dire Charm" that would work like the Dead Thrall line of conjuration spells, except that the target must be a living humanoid for it to work. Charming any person level 40 or below to become your determinant follower until death.

Also! I can not tell you how disappointed I was when I found out that The Bard's College would not allow me to learn all the songs the tavern bards sing, or play the lutes, flutes and drums I had found around Skyrim. When I made ready for my very first trip to solitude, I had collected one of each instrument. God. What a heartbreaker.

How amazing would it be to learn all the songs (even some of the instrumental stuff!) and sing as you trash bandits! "Now here's a song about...well. Me. Let me sing it as I insert my foot of your collective butts. Sing along if you know the words!"

"Our hero, our hero claims a warrior's heart!"

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
When an enemy cowers and begs for mercy, you should have the opportunity to grant it. And the chance that they would accept it and run out of the dungeon/cave/fortress and despawn. Or become a follower until dismissed.

The first time a bandit fell to his knees and did the "Mercy! I yield!" bit, I lowered my spells and was all "Very well. I shall name you Scruffy, and you will be my squire.". But the happy thought passed in an instant when he resumed attacking me and I cooked his face until his brain boiled out of his ears :sadface:

On the topic of humanoid followers: Illusion magic needs a master level "Dire Charm" that would work like the Dead Thrall line of conjuration spells, except that the target must be a living humanoid for it to work. Charming any person level 40 or below to become your determinant follower until death.

Also! I can not tell you how disappointed I was when I found out that The Bard's College would not allow me to learn all the songs the tavern bards sing, or play the lutes, flutes and drums I had found around Skyrim. When I made ready for my very first trip to solitude, I had collected one of each instrument. God. What a heartbreaker.

Are you kissing me?

It's proof of the sh1tty writers at Bethesda that NPC's can shout more than you can, have more animations and you can even join a Bards college BUT NOT BE ABLE TO DO SIMPLE FXN SINGING ANIMATION?!?!?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If you join a faction, your rank at the end means something. Like Thieves Guild, Civil War factions especially. I'm walking along as a Legate and I get called "Citizen" and lack of respect from the guards. The only people who call you by rank are the one's in Forts. Being a Legate I should be able to command guards to allow me into areas, or to do something, you could only order one guard which was Captain Aldis for a misc quest on finding out how someone's daughter died.

Legate commands an entire Legion, where are my soldiers. :sadface:

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
If you join a faction, your rank at the end means something. Like Thieves Guild, Civil War factions especially. I'm walking along as a Legate and I get called "Citizen" and lack of respect from the guards. The only people who call you by rank are the one's in Forts. Being a Legate I should be able to command guards to allow me into areas, or to do something, you could only order one guard which was Captain Aldis for a misc quest on finding out how someone's daughter died.

Legate commands an entire Legion, where are my soldiers. :sadface:

Exactly. I don't expect the whole world to shake when my character takes a piss, but these type of thing should've taken precedence over the meaningless conversations heard in the Sleeping Giant Inn.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Would of been good to see members of the Thieves Guild out and about, like in Oblivion you would see them in the city walking around. Kind of like the Companions, how they're out in the wild doing jobs. Would of been nice to come across a member of the Guild in an inn at one of the cities or an inn out in the wild. I know you come across Thieves but they always get killed by the town guards, would of been nice to at least see some walking around normally, giving you a cut of what they made.

That is the point of being the Boss of the Thieves Guild, getting your cut. Not some chest that takes forever to get some minor things. I should be getting a weekly take. Like when you take over a city, you should gain a little thieves guild starting up there, that has a few thieves and the Lieutenant or Doyen as they were called in Oblivion of that area. You speak to them to get your spoils.

Just the minor management options like you had in the Fighters Guild in Oblivion. "Focus on jobs, focus on recruitment, focus on both." Anything really.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Would of been good to see members of the Thieves Guild out and about, like in Oblivion you would see them in the city walking around. Kind of like the Companions, how they're out in the wild doing jobs. Would of been nice to come across a member of the Guild in an inn at one of the cities or an inn out in the wild. I know you come across Thieves but they always get killed by the town guards, would of been nice to at least see some walking around normally, giving you a cut of what they made.

That is the point of being the Boss of the Thieves Guild, getting your cut. Not some chest that takes forever to get some minor things. I should be getting a weekly take. Like when you take over a city, you should gain a little thieves guild starting up there, that has a few thieves and the Lieutenant or Doyen as they were called in Oblivion of that area. You speak to them to get your spoils.

Just the minor management options like you had in the Fighters Guild in Oblivion. "Focus on jobs, focus on recruitment, focus on both." Anything really.

I like your ideas.

Also, if you're wearing Nightingale armor, thieves will come up to you and give you a cut.

golso

A lot of these gripes seem to be based on restrictions on how much dialogue they can have in the game... there are a lot of NPCs and it's not an expensive game really. And alternate paths would cause a lot of extra work for developers.
Also skyrim's information circulation is pretty restricted, no newspapers, no photographs. So unless you were wearing a big fancy "ME THANE" hat or the shrouded armour had a big DB on the front it's believable that people wouldn't recognise you/your armor. Although they could take out bits of dialogue depending on your rank I guess (like taking out "Citizen" from the guards if you're a <miscellaneous fancy pants>)

Anyway, things like being able to play the lute etc I agree with, that's pretty sloppy.
Becoming thieves guild master was a big disappointment as well, it only would have taken a more frequently updating chest and a few extra dialogue lines to make it more satisfying. (And being able to marry Byrnjolf. What are you talking about I'm not a fangirl no no)

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
A lot of these gripes seem to be based on restrictions on how much dialogue they can have in the game... there are a lot of NPCs and it's not an expensive game really. And alternate paths would cause a lot of extra work for developers.
Also skyrim's information circulation is pretty restricted, no newspapers, no photographs. So unless you were wearing a big fancy "ME THANE" hat or the shrouded armour had a big DB on the front it's believable that people wouldn't recognise you/your armor. Although they could take out bits of dialogue depending on your rank I guess (like taking out "Citizen" from the guards if you're a <miscellaneous fancy pants>)

Anyway, things like being able to play the lute etc I agree with, that's pretty sloppy.
Becoming thieves guild master was a big disappointment as well, it only would have taken a more frequently updating chest and a few extra dialogue lines to make it more satisfying. (And being able to marry Byrnjolf. What are you talking about I'm not a fangirl no no)

Your point would have validation, except Bethesda spent alot of time writing dialogue between NPC's that most people will never hear. They should have spent that time writing appropriate dialogue between the PC and the NPC's withing the guilds, as well as appropriate responses to NPC's talking trash.

As for being thane, it's a pretty big deal within the city, and all guards should know who you are.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I wouldn't have minded a way to gamble money, since you end up with heaps of it. Stuff like Oblivion had betting on the arena, maybe there could of been an underground arena. I know there is a bandit cave that has an arena type pit. That could of been cool if it was used, like you could fight in it or bet on it.

Ability to take over houses of people who have died or abandoned houses. If shop keepers die, you can buy their store from the Jarl and some NPC comes up to you asking if they can run it or something, that way you can still buy and sell, maybe earn money off it. I would of liked to have been able to take over other houses, like Mercer's manor, Arentino residence, Riften warehouse etc. It irritates me that unoccupied places look better than the house I paid for.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I might buy that, except when you're named Thane of a hold the Jarl specifically mentions letting the guards know. "Wouldn't want people thinking you're part of the common rabble now, would we?"

Another little thing that would've been nice (now that I've finally tried out being a vampire) is to have feeding only revert you back one stage of vampirism instead of all the way back to stage 1.

EDIT: Pretty Vampires beat me to it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts