• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You want me to add an warrior side?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
You know I was thinking there should be something else added. Another category of "Legendary" beyond post count. What about what they brought to the Forums.

I say this because for example assides from being a personality and ringleader Cords has offered invaluable help to writers on this forum.

Also Damage should have someplace here even if she is no longer active. As she was by and far the best "Lore Keeper" on these forums. And I should check but I think she has a large post count lead as well.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You know I was thinking there should be something else added. Another category of "Legendary" beyond post count. What about what they brought to the Forums.

I say this because for example assides from being a personality and ringleader Cords has offered invaluable help to writers on this forum.

Also Damage should have someplace here even if she is no longer active. As she was by and far the best "Lore Keeper" on these forums. And I should check but I think she has a large post count lead as well.

Because everyone brings something to these forums. The reason I stuck to post count, is I am not completely active in other parts of the forum at times. I'd have to take their word as why they're legendary, also if I was to make a 'Legendary people' in general, it could be seen as favoritism, which could be taken as;

"These people are better than you"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Because everyone brings something to these forums. The reason I stuck to post count, is I am not completely active in other parts of the forum at times. I'd have to take their word as why they're legendary, also if I was to make a 'Legendary people' in general, it could be seen as favoritism, which could be taken as;

Legendary Adj.
1. of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend
2. Well Known or Famous

:p This seemed like it was gonna be a Hall of Fame, And if you go "These people are better than you" that has to options. Insecure sadness at the fact, like you are implying people will respond with, or a drive to also provide something more. And does it matter if you are not as active on other aspects? Unless you are implying it somehow lowers your stature as the Last Old Guard on Imperials vs. Stormcloaks.

This is called Legends of Skyrim Forums, and why would new members not want to hear about some of the standout members who came before. I mean let's face it every now and again these people, though not active, do in fact get mentioned and that means they had an impact like actual legends.

And no matter what you are taking people's words as to why they should be legendary, after all that is usually all of what their posts are made up of.

As for Favoritism. If they are all well-liked and respected (Well I suppose Jersey is the only argument that, that is not all across the board) how is it favoritism? It becomes people naturally earning some recognition. As is how most legends develop.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Legendary Adj.
1. of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend
2. Well Known or Famous

:p This seemed like it was gonna be a Hall of Fame, And if you go "These people are better than you" that has to options. Insecure sadness at the fact, like you are implying people will respond with, or a drive to also provide something more. And does it matter if you are not as active on other aspects? Unless you are implying it somehow lowers your stature as the Last Old Guard on Imperials vs. Stormcloaks.

This is called Legends of Skyrim Forums, and why would new members not want to hear about some of the standout members who came before. I mean let's face it every now and again these people, though not active, do in fact get mentioned and that means they had an impact like actual legends.

And no matter what you are taking people's words as to why they should be legendary, after all that is usually all of what their posts are made up of.

As for Favoritism. If they are all well-liked and respected (Well I suppose Jersey is the only argument that, that is not all across the board) how is it favoritism? It becomes people naturally earning some recognition. As is how most legends develop.

Why don't you make a thread for it?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Because we have this already. Evolving and revising a concept is better than creating 2 things that basically serve the same purpose. Having post count ranks is good, but then having a form of Hall of Fame in addition fits as well.

Basically, to what end? I don't need to try and Tape my name over someone else's idea that is already made.

Lucid

evoke
transitive verb
: to call forth or up: as
a : conjure 2a <evoke evil spirits>
b : to cite especially with approval or for support : invoke
c : to bring to mind or recollection <this place evokes memories>

evoker
Noun
: One who evokes – See user Lucid

Woo hoo!