In your opinion, who is the most powerful Daedric Prince?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
We all know that there is a hierarchy among the Daedra as the Princes are the most powerful of their kind. According to lore, Peryite is known to be one of the weakest princes. If that is the case, then perhaps there is a most powerful Daedric Prince. I would be interested to hear everybody's opinion on who that one may be and the reasoning behind it.

Personally, I feel Hermaeus Mora may possibly be more powerful than any of them. He is known to be the Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory. Both serve as powerful tools to conquer anything that stand's in one's path. However, Hermaeus has never decided to attempt to destroy the world of Nirn. Whatever the reason may be, I feel that because he is extremely intelligent, he could possibly defeat any of the Daedric Princes, if he chooses to do so.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Again, gotta go with Sheogorath, the Prince of Madness. Madness you say? Bingo! He's mad, therefore, he don't care. And if he don't care, he's liable and probably more than willing, to do just about anything. To anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

All princess/Princesses are very powerfull as the represent a plain of oblivion all of them are believed to be equilly powerfull and for some they are gods , in my oppinion there are five i wont mess with at all, Azura, Hermaeus Mora,Mehrunes Dagon, Sanguine and Sheogarath

If you wanne read more about all the deadric princess check this out some of them are in the games some are not : http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Princes

Professor Skalvar

All princess/Princesses are very powerfull as the represent a plain of oblivion all of them are believed to be equilly powerfull

This is from the Elder Scrolls Wiki page on Peryite.

Despite his dragon-like appearance, he is considered one of the weakest of the Daedric Princes.

That being said, there are definitely certain Princes/Princesses that are more powerful than others.

Professor Skalvar

Jyggalag was so powerful that the other Daedric Princes cursed him to live as Sheogorath. I would say that a Daedric Prince that is feared by every other Daedric Prince is probably the most powerful.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Jyggalag

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Jyggalag
I can understand the reasoning behind it, as I am willing to say he's one of the most powerful Daedric Princes for that reason alone. It's interesting to see that there wasn't really much known about him until the Third Era, which was in the same era that some of the people of Nirn began to worship Hermaeus Mora. Maybe it's pure coincidence, but it seems that there could have been a personal conflict between the two. Order itself can limit the amount of knowledge that anybody is allowed to be exposed to. Since Mora seems to embody an omniscient deity of sorts, he may feel offended by the very idea of limiting knowledge. Therefore, it's possible that Hermaeus utilized his power in order for Jyggalag to be cursed to live as Sheogorath.

Ri'tai The Wordsmith

Khaaz dovah of the highest level.
Anyone else m'aiq the liar is a secret daedric prince? If so, he is the most powerful. For he is khajiit.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I'm partial to Hermeaus Mora as well, he seems so mysterious and his apperance kind of reminds me of Cthulu

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
The Book of Daedra
Excerpts from a lengthy tome describing the nature of each of the Daedra
zura, whose sphere is dusk and dawn, the magic in-between realms of twilight, known as Moonshadow, Mother of the Rose, and Queen of the Night Sky.

oethiah, whose sphere is deceit and conspiracy, and the secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority.

lavicus Vile, whose sphere is the granting of power and wishes through ritual invocations and pact.

ermaeus Mora, whose sphere is scrying of the tides of Fate, of the past and future as read in the stars and heavens, and in whose dominion are the treasures of knowledge and memory.

ircine, whose sphere is the Hunt, the Sport of Daedra, the Great Game, the Chase, known as the Huntsman and the Father of Manbeasts.

alacath, whose sphere is the patronage of the spurned and ostracized, the keeper of the Sworn Oath, and the Bloody Curse.

ehrunes Dagon, whose sphere is Destruction, Change, Revolution, Energy, and Ambition.

ephala, whose sphere is obscured to mortals; known by the names Webspinner, Spinner, and Spider; whose only consistent theme seems to be interference in the affairs of mortals for her amusement.
eridia, whose sphere is obscured to mortals; who is associated with the energies of living things.

olag Bal, whose sphere is the domination and enslavement of mortals; whose desire is to harvest the souls of mortals and to bring mortals souls within his sway by spreading seeds of strife and discord in the mortal realms.

amira, whose sphere is the ancient Darkness; known as the Spirit Daedra, ruler of sundry dark and shadowy spirits; associated with spiders, insects, slugs, and other repulsive creatures which inspire mortals with an instinctive revulsion.

octurnal, whose sphere is the night and darkness; who is known as the Night Mistress.

eryite, whose sphere is the ordering of the lowest orders of Oblivion, known as the Taskmaster.

anguine, whose sphere is hedonistic revelry and debauchery, and passionate indulgences of darker natures.

heogorath, whose sphere is Madness, and whose motives are unknowable.

aernima, whose sphere is the realm of dreams and nightmares, and from whose realm issues forth evil omens

Maybe add this to the initial posting? (thanks to the UESP Wiki)

Professor Skalvar

MushroomGenius, thank you for posting that list. I didn't think about doing that because I felt everybody at least knew what each Daedric Prince was known for. Perhaps now, the discussion can become even more interesting with the basic information provided.

Jonseyboy

We all know that there is a hierarchy among the Daedra as the Princes are the most powerful of their kind. According to lore, Peryite is known to be one of the weakest princes. If that is the case, then perhaps there is a most powerful Daedric Prince. I would be interested to hear everybody's opinion on who that one may be and the reasoning behind it.

Personally, I feel Hermaeus Mora may possibly be more powerful than any of them. He is known to be the Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory. Both serve as powerful tools to conquer anything that stand's in one's path. However, Hermaeus has never decided to attempt to destroy the world of Nirn. Whatever the reason may be, I feel that because he is extremely intelligent, he could possibly defeat any of the Daedric Princes, if he chooses to do so.
Mehrunes Dagon or Molag Bal look and sound strongest in my opinion.

Exelex

Jyggalag was the most powerful Deadric Prince before he was cursed by all of the other Deadric Princes. They began to fear his power, 'they' meaning all of the Deadric Princes. This means that Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon were possible inferior to him. His incarnation, Sheogorath, was in fact created to 1. Curse Jyggalag and make him live as Sheogorath, the incarnation of the thing he hated most: madness and 2. To balance the power of the Deadric Princes, insisting that all of the Deadric Princes are possibly equal in power currently.

Jonseyboy

Hermaues mora would be the most powerful as he is the deadric prince of knowledge and memory which he would use against his enemies.therfore hermaues would use his intelligence in battle against other daedric princes when the others would just run in blind just trying to defeat them without thinking. hermaues would have the advantage over them. And plus people can look tough and sound tough but it doesn't mean they are hermaues does not need to show his power as he chooses not to .he uses his power in a responsible in a way not like mehrunes who acts stupidly and ends up being defeated in oblivion. You might want to look At the facts before choosing your favourite daedric prince

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
This maybe unrelated but is it possible to help Sheogorath to break his curse so he can permanently returned to his original self, Jyggalag?

I would have to say Sheogorath because he is Jyggalag and I'm sure that theirs a way to break the curse that the other daedric lords put on him.

J

Jeremius

You never played Shivering Isles, did you?

the main quest is basically stopping Sheogorath/Jyggalag from destroying the Isles, and I believe the CoC (Champion of Cyrodil) is the current prince of madness, as during the Sheogorath.

Exelex

You never played Shivering Isles, did you?

the main quest is basically stopping Sheogorath/Jyggalag from destroying the Isles, and I believe the CoC (Champion of Cyrodil) is the current prince of madness, as during the Sheogorath.
He asked if you could help Sheogorath break his curse. What are you talking about?

J

Jeremius

He asked if you could help Sheogorath break his curse. What are you talking about?

I was responding to you, You can, In oblivion's Shivering Isles expansion the end of the main questline has you defeating Jyggalag and him giving you the mantle of madgod.

here is the final mission. the Sheogorath in Skyrim is not Jyggalag.