imperials or stormcloaks ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imperials or stormcloaks ? witch side are you on ?

• Imperials

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • stormcloaks

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
J

Jeremius

I see IT is one of these threads. Frankly, both candidates are weak. Elisif is too easily swayed that IF she were to be High queen, then she could probably be ADVISED that it would be better to shore up her own defenses than help the empire. And Ulfric is such a warmonger that I cannot even see the racism.

All-in-all, just choose which side you like best, like I have a wood elf that I chose to side with the stormcloaks with for no reason other than I want to.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Oh no, I spelled wrong. I youst used that as a decoy to see how you would respond. And I was right...
However, I did NOT spell it wrong on purpouse. I'm from Sweden you see, so my grammar is not the best. Congrats on making yourself look dumb. ;D

How did I make myself look dumb? You are the one trying to back peddle on your grammar errors. Saying you meant to do that. YEA SURE. Whatever you say buddy. I'm sure you are from Sweden too. /sarcasm

Your logic failed hard.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
How did I make myself look dumb? You are the one trying to back peddle on your grammar errors. Saying you meant to do that. YEA SURE. Whatever you say buddy. I'm sure you are from Sweden too. /sarcasm

Your logic failed hard.
Are you by any chance American?

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I know how it feels to be the under dogs. I know how it feels to have your rights be taken away by a corrupted government.
Off topic: But I found that pretty interesting. I couldn't tell from your profile, but Which country are you from?
Their is absolutely no harm for worshiping Talos yet in order for the Emperor to keep his throne he sold skyrim and their people out to the elves. Its the Empires fault for the Thalmor mess in Skyrim.
..however on the Flip side of this, It could be seen that it's the Thalmor's fault for the Empires mess.

If you talk to Alvor in the beginning of the game (who is Hadvor's Uncle) about the Civil War, he says something to the effect of "We all hated the Treaty, but atleast we didn't get any flak from anything from Worshiping Talos anyways.... Until Ulfric started pushing people around and Causing crap" (That's not an actual quote btw lol). It's evident that NO one liked the Treaty except for the Thalmor, but Life in Tamerial would have been alot worse at that moment in time if they didn't do it. But that time has passed and I think that is what Ulfric's main motivation is.

The Stormcloaks caused the civil war, make no doubt about that, and the Thalmor arrived in Skyrim because of it to protect their intrests as well as "enforce" them. I do think it's wrong that the Whole thing was a badly played game of Jenga, but you have to ask if that makes it right for someone like Ulfric to yank the wrong wood chip out of it.

Base on what I heard from this scene is that the empire is desperate for recruitments. Perhaps karma is finally biting them in the ass after what they done to their very own people that they're suppose to protect? .
See, I see it more that Skyrim is just going to hell. Also, like I said above, the Rebellion was started by the Stormcloaks, and the empire has to come into a Civil war. It's everything the Thalmor wanted and more when you look below the surface.

Ugh I can't get the file for some reason :sadface:

Interesting about General Tullius though (and Rikke), he is the one character I've found that lets alot out about what is really going on instead of it all just being a big "We are Opressing the People of Skyrim because they are nerds" or something. At the End of the Stormcloak Civil War questline he says before he dies
"You guys should know that we aren't the bad guys",
Ulfric says: "Perhaps not but your not the good guys either"
Tullius: "Well then what does that Make you?"

That little dialogue said alot. Then Galmar says "You just said it, It makes us Right!".

It's a great quote because that means that both sides are right in there pursuits but they are bound by their own beliefs to do the wrong thing in a Thalmor infested world.

Also, when you win on the Empire side, Tullius's last words to you are an indication that the Empire is probably finally going to sunder it's ties with the Thalmor in the intrest of Skyrim, if the Thalmor don't do it first.
(GOD I want a Thalmor Expansion!)
I really don't side with either because I love both. (and the fact that the quest "Season Unending" is MEGA EPIC if you don't side with anyone). I do tend to favor the Empire alittle bit, but only because I'm a fan of the TES way before Skyrim..... (all those games where you are fighting to "preserve" the Empire instead of defeating it) so it's habit perhaps if anything, and I get the Stormcloaks motivation well.

I know alot of people love the Stormcloaks more because they were almost beheaded by them at the begginng of the game, but I really think that is a ruse to get people picking sides, and it seems to have worked great. I think the writing for Skryim is probably the best in the series so far.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Hey leave America out of this.
I'm not against you, you don't seem to be an asshole. But if he is, then I can't be embarrassed about him being the same nationality as me :D

J

Jeremius

I am going to quote my own post with a little explanation for 11th Doctor

I see IT is one of these threads. Frankly, both candidates are weak. Elisif is too easily swayed that IF she were to be High queen, then she could probably be ADVISED that it would be better to shore up her own defenses than help the empire. And Ulfric is such a warmonger that I cannot even see the racism.

All-in-all, just choose which side you like best, like I have a wood elf that I chose to side with the stormcloaks with for no reason other than I want to.

What I mean by this post, is do not talk to me about my character because backstory does not make the choice, I do, and any backstory I make for my character is just there to give reasoning behind my choice. Plus, it is better than saying "I want an orc who sides with the rebels despite them being imperial dogs, just because I want to have one."

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Empire. And I have a good reason.

First of all, the Stormcloaks are racist dicks. And at the head of them is King racist dick Ulfric Stormcloak who's only in it for the crown.

Then you've got their motives. Talos? PFFT. If they'd do a little research they'd find that Talos was a jerk. He knocked up his wife and then forced her to have an abortion. Doesn't sound like a nice guy to me.

Plus, he isn't even a god. He's just some guy that people decided to worship because he founded the empire.

On the other hand, the Imperials are in it for the right reasons. They're just defending their territory, and Skyrim was a really great place before the Stormcloaks decided to get Butthurt that they can't worship their pagan god and rebel.

tl;dr, Imperials are awesome, Stormcloaks suck.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Plus, he isn't even a god. He's just some guy that people decided to worship because he founded the empire.

I'd actually have to correct you on that one point.. The "Thalmor" don't think he's a god, but the Character, Lore wise is. You even meet his Avatar if you play Morrowind.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I'd actually have to correct you on that one point.. The "Thalmor" don't think he's a god, but the Character, Lore wise is. You even meet his Avatar if you play Morrowind.
Chowder didn't say the Thalmor thought he was a God....

J

Jeremius

First of all, the Stormcloaks are racist dicks. And at the head of them is King racist dick Ulfric Stormcloak who's only in it for the crown.

EVERY time I come into one of these threads this pops up. Yes, Ulfric wants to be high king, otherwise he would not have started this war. WHY does he want it, though? hope you or anyone else has a good LOGICAL reason why he wants it and how that would be bad for skyrim.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
LizardClimber7 and Dar'Neko:

One thing to realize is 11th Doctor is an annoying, pesty, pain in everyone's collective ass, troll. However at least she doesn't use the stupid amateur troll tactics and is actually funny. You guys however are ooking like the idiots I see in 7-9th grade who think they are cool because they have come backs like "My dick is bigger than your's!". Seriously, it's pathetic. You need to realize there is stupid, and then their is funny yet somehow intelligent. You guys are the former, 11th Doctor is the later. Alas I am here to save you from your stupidity!

Three things that make you look like a dumb ass:
  1. Saying stuff like "Trololololololol", "U mad Bro", etc. is so original that you like like a dumb ass. Same with "says the guy that..." comments.
  2. Troll face pictures. Luckily you haven't done this yet, so I have some faith you can be redeemed.
  3. Using more than one excuse to hide your own bad spelling/grammar that happen to contradict themselves. In fact self contradiction in general is stupid. Avoid it or go shoot yourself, please you would do the human race a favor.
Now then I am sure even Raijin can agree that 11th Doctor is funny at times, and Raijin is practically 11th Doctor's primary target it seems, however Raijin, like all intelligent people here, would most likely frown on it far more if she lacked originality. So please, get something a little more intelligent, original, and less expected of an amateur, and then try to troll again.

****************************************************************************************

Wait your American?!?! I was starting to think you were Bosnian or something.
I have often found that piece of his logic amusing. Americans are always whining like that about how horrible their government is. Mind you Bush actually was put beside Adolf Hitler on many graphs of the political spectrum. Very few people have ever came quite as close to Hitler as Bush, but the only people who really felt the extent of this were people of Middle Eastern or Muslim decent. Everyone else had their lives left unaffected by Bush's many questionable acts. Though he did pass a bill that let's the United State's Government spy on all text messages, phone calls, emails, and other forms of communications that pass through american air waves or servers. So sure they take away your privacy rights, but you don't really know about or notice it. Still, Americans are far from the underdogs or from being oppressed by corrupt government.

Docta Corvina

On the subject of why he wants to be High King: first thought in my mind? The man's egomaniacal.

He can put on any pretense he wants, but his constant concern with his own legacy and how his deeds will be recorded for posterity suggest strongly as much. As for why that would be bad for Skyrim (beside the obvious), I would point to his record as Jarl. That's a good leading indicator of how he would rule a whole land, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts