Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Yeah but do you know how the game story works? If the Imperials win the Jarls will vote for Elisif the Fair to be the next High Queen of Skyrim, and the moot will give Elisif her title of High Queen, and if the Stormcloaks wins the jarls will vote for Ulfric to be the next High King of Skyrim.

What evidence do you to show all the Jarls will vote for Elisif? More people seem to prefer Balgruuf from what I've seen.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Does the Nord desire change? Does the Nord wish racism would end? Wish the Thalmor are out of Skyrim, Talos is free to worship, but dislikes Ulfric?

Support Ozan's bid for High King. He shall lead these sands to a new age. Bring freedom and safety to Nord childrens. Unity throughout all of Skyrim.

Ozan is a poet before a politician. He has struggled with the lower classes. Suffered by comrades. Ozan sees a new dawn and a bright future.

Follow Ozan... make him your king... and NEVER go hungry again!!!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
What evidence do you to show all the Jarls will vote for Elisif? More people seem to prefer Balgruuf from what I've seen.

After playing Skyrim for 700 plus hours I never heard of anything in that nature. Can you provide me the names of the NPCs that even suggested that Balgruuf would be High king of Skyrim if the Imperials win? In real life People (Not NPC) prefer Balgruuf to be High king, but not in the game. It's either Ulfric or Elisif.

I sure hope you're joking on this.

Galmar Stone-Fist

Stormcloak General
You know i found out there are different dimensions in Skyrim. that's just the imperial dimension were going to win in the stormcloak dimension

Galmar Stone-Fist

Stormcloak General
Ha thanks i will give you 1 as soon as i can, Some of our guards have been hitting the :beermug: last night and drank to much, it caused them to :vomit:, by the way the elves in the cornerclub are imperials.

Grogmar Ghrobash

After playing Skyrim for 700 plus hours I never heard of anything in that nature. Can you provide me the names of the NPCs that even suggested that Balgruuf would be High king of Skyrim if the Imperials win? In real life People (Not NPC) prefer Balgruuf to be High king, but not in the game. It's either Ulfric or Elisif.

Whoa now Raijin, who said he was to be High King? I said people seem to prefer him to Elisif. I find it hilarious how you just ignored my question too...

Ulfric Stormcloak

Jarl of Windhelm

Damn the Jarls!

And damn the Moot!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Whoa now Raijin, who said he was to be High King? I said people seem to prefer him to Elisif. I find it hilarious how you just ignored my question too...

Not avoiding your question... just it doesn't make any damn sense. Nowhere in the game that stats that NPCs prefer Balgruuf over Elisif. Like you said "More people seem to prefer Balgruuf from what I've seen." IRL yes but not in the game.

Moris

It is easy to click a poll, but I don't necessarily think that means those opinions are any less credible or real. Not that I think you're suggesting that, but not everyone feels as able to articulate the reasons why they clicked the poll button. Which I know is a concern where this thread is related.

As for "bursts", I've seen periods in this thread that were almost nothing but walls of Stormcloak arguments, with a faint Imperial disagreement here and there. I've seen it go both ways. I don't necessarily think even if the Stormcloaks were the "underdogs" in this thread that that would mean people would just flip over their views or refuse to post. If anything, I've seen people post vehemently in here even in previous months because they felt like one side or the other was losing perceived contemporary ground (I've seen Imperial-siders do it too).

I guess I'm just not really looking at all of this as any sort of tit-for-tat competition. I've repeated so many of the same points in here ad infinitum that some days I wonder why I keep coming back. I like to jump in to help correct misinformation that theoretically gets repeated, and I will respond to arguments I find problematic. But I really don't think that the volume of argumentation does much to change any minds. Even the most casual passerby typically has prejudgments and inclinations. I think most people find the mud-slinging in here to be more entertaining than anything. But maybe I'm just cynical. :p

I don't mean to imply that there's anything particularly wrong with the thread.

I am only answering why I am one of those who feels that the SC position in this thread is the minority one, by far. If it changes, in a new burst, well, I may find myself arguing in favor of the Imperials. Who knows?

Moris

Where's Balgruuf, anyway? He should be here to stand up for himself.

Docta Corvina

I don't mean to imply that there's anything particularly wrong with the thread.

I am only answering why I am one of those who feels that the SC position in this thread is the minority one, by far. If it changes, in a new burst, well, I may find myself arguing in favor of the Imperials. Who knows?

I didn't think you were implying as much. :) I myself think that many people drop by and observe because they find it humorous how we all keep going back and forth so much, and occasionally sprinkle our posts with memes and schoolyard charm. I find it all quite fun. :D

I can see how it'd feel...difficult in here with several people scrutinizing or arguing a certain way at any given time. As I've said, I can remember times when it seemed like a Stormcloak love fest. :p

Grogmar Ghrobash

Not avoiding your question... just it doesn't make any damn sense. Nowhere in the game that stats that NPCs prefer Balgruuf over Elisif. Like you said "More people seem to prefer Balgruuf from what I've seen." IRL yes but not in the game.

It's not that the question doesn't make sense, it's actually a very simple question to comprehend. You just can't provide any proof to back your assertion so you're trying to avoid it. All I said was people seem to prefer Balgruuf to Elisif, I see no reason to go crazy over it. If you talk to people in Riverwood and Whiterun, they tell you how great of a jarl Balgruuf is. If you go to Solitude people seem to think Elisif is inexperienced. Now if you really need me to repeat my question to make it even simpler, then I suppose I could try if it's really so hard for you to understand what it's saying...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts