Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Docta Corvina

It's easy to click a button on a poll.

It's a lot harder to actually post in this particular forum, (which is what I'm talking about, not anywhere else online) and do it again and again, amidst tremendous pressure to change one's views. It doesn't matter if you feel vindicated by postings on other sites. If you get blasted in here by five or six different people all jumping on your posts, you will feel extremely pressured.

And bursts?

I've been here since December 25. Almost a month is quite a burst.

It is easy to click a poll, but I don't necessarily think that means those opinions are any less credible or real. Not that I think you're suggesting that, but not everyone feels as able to articulate the reasons why they clicked the poll button. Which I know is a concern where this thread is related.

As for "bursts", I've seen periods in this thread that were almost nothing but walls of Stormcloak arguments, with a faint Imperial disagreement here and there. I've seen it go both ways. I don't necessarily think even if the Stormcloaks were the "underdogs" in this thread that that would mean people would just flip over their views or refuse to post. If anything, I've seen people post vehemently in here even in previous months because they felt like one side or the other was losing perceived contemporary ground (I've seen Imperial-siders do it too).

I guess I'm just not really looking at all of this as any sort of tit-for-tat competition. I've repeated so many of the same points in here ad infinitum that some days I wonder why I keep coming back. I like to jump in to help correct misinformation that theoretically gets repeated, and I will respond to arguments I find problematic. But I really don't think that the volume of argumentation does much to change any minds. Even the most casual passerby typically has prejudgments and inclinations. I think most people find the mud-slinging in here to be more entertaining than anything. But maybe I'm just cynical. :p

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
well sort of sort of not i think elves are not just spies.... maybe
That is because the elves of Windhelm don't have any respect for Ulfric and for his cause. You would think they would help out in the war, but no. It's not their war to fight. If their rights was being taken away from the Thalmor they would be up and arms. As long as it doesn't involve in their race they could careless.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
You said right. Shes inexperience and naive. She's also highly annoying on top of it. When I vote for someone to be president I want them to be highly intelligent and with experience. Elisif would not get my vote because of lack of experience. I could not ,for the life of me, see her as being Skyrim's next ruler. Skyrim already has problems, and she needs someone with experience. For Mara sake Elisif just became a Jarl of Solitude.

If the Empire chosen someone else like..... (You're gonna love this one) Balgruuf The Greater to be the next High King of Skyrim then perhaps I would be a bit more comfortable with Skyrim being in the proper hands.

Elisif is like Paris Hilton.

The Empire doesn't choose who gets to be the next High queen/King. It's decided in the moot which is voted by the Jarls. Bulgruuf is still a potential candidate. Unless the SC's win of course.

Ulfric Stormcloak

Jarl of Windhelm
Ulfric Stormcloak. Some here on this thread call you a hero. But a hero doesn't use a power like the Voice to murder his king and usurp his throne. You started this war, plunged Skyrim into chaos, and now the Empire is going to put you down, and restore peace!

I have shown the people that when our Jarls drink the Empire's milk, it makes us weak. I must now show them the path that will lead us back to our strength. Torygg was a puppet king of the Empire, not a High King of Skyrim. I challenged Torygg in the traditional way, and he accepted. There were many witnesses. No murder was committed.

Galmar Stone-Fist

Stormcloak General
Ha! your a good imperial bloodhound! maybe you could find more secret imperials, for now i will call you icehound for all the imperial spies you found, here you will find this good while sniffing them out, (ring of minor sneaking added)

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Bulgruuf is out of the picture. It's either that annoying little brat of Solitude or Ulfric.

Do you not understand how the moot works?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts