Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Ysolda is a drug dealer too though, so that's not saying much.

But she doesn't sell Skooma.

Depend on the effect, which effects would you be referring to?

The effect of being Totalitarian Asshats and getting their nose in places they shouldn't, of course. ;)

I found the "True Sons and Daughters of Skyrim" to actually be more Imperial than Nords of the previous titles.

"Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

-The Colonel from Full Metal Jacket.

I'm sure they do appear that way to you. Imperialism has that effect on people.

Titus Mede wasn't just this warrior, he was good strategist in being able to secure the Imperial City with one thousand men and crushing an uprising with barely twice that. He was also behind the creation of the Penitus Oculatus.

Tiber Septim wasn't by any means a warrior. He was perhaps the most devious underhanded man born, cruel and only used people if they could serve a purpose.

Ulfric isn't by any means a good strategist, he was captured not that long after Tullius arrived. He's a good warrior, and he does have some political ability, but he's nothing compared to Tiber and Titus.

Disciplined soldiers aren't militia, they're trained to fight (which was what he had). Think of it as the former High King against Ulfric Stormcloak. Ulfric WRECKED him, I doubt a clone would have faired much better even if they both fought him at the same time. If there was an uprising, they'd have little to no training and wouldn't hold their ground for very long. I'm not impressed.

Simply because Tiber Septim was cruel and unusual doesn't mean he was a bad warrior. It just meant he knew how to get places, and it wasn't by being nice. Imagine if all the famed Warriors in history were nice people, Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun wouldn't be known for plops if they weren't horribly cruel.

And Ulfric's capture was a fluke. He probably didn't expect Tullius to actually know what he was doing, and ambushes are a pain to deal with anyways because you don't see them coming. Thats why its an ambush. They're also really easy to do, and even if you had crap guys you could still win a battle (for example, Spain's commonfolk fighting France's unstoppable military during the Peninsular War). Tullius didn't have just rabble with arms, he had soldiers. In Ulfric's position, I'd surrender too to try to save their lives. Turns out, the Empire doesn't know mercy well enough to care.

Chalk that up for a lesson learned for Ulfric. After all, even Caesar lost a battle but was still praised as a genius strategist. Ulfric has a slip up and he's banned for life?

Doesn't that seem a bit biased?

Titus proved himself both politically and military wise. Ulfric can't lead because he's single race minded, he's not overly skilled in Military achievements having been captured three times. His political skills are not too bad, but he can barely control his own city.

Being captured by the enemy was pretty common back in the day, but if you're including one of those captures to Markarth, then you shouldn't and here's why. He was arrested for Talos worship, not during a battle. If it were a battle, then I could see your stance but it wasn't. Infact, the battle beforehand when he captured Markarth is a pretty interesting achievement seeing as sieges are a lot harder to pull off than battles on the field.

I don't like Ulfric either, but your total disdain for the guy is making you overlook EVERYTHING. Come on, Mage, you're better than this.

They probably wouldn't have proof, else they would be arrested. Suspicion is good enough in Skyrim for the most part, the Dunmer are suspected to be Imperial spies so Galmar's brother figures he should get some men and go torture one to find out.

Jarls control who gets in their city, has nothing to do with being Imperial or Stormcloak. Khajiit are welcome in cities within Cyrodiil, there was even a Khajiit working in the Penitus Oculatus in the novels.

Khajiit caravans have a reputation for thieves, skooma dealers and smugglers. Racially based or not, they do actually sell drugs and buy stolen goods, they also smuggle. It isn't like they're completely innocent.

So Galmar's Brother is the Jarl of Windhelm now? Or is it the people who make the laws and policies, not the Jarls? That's such a shame, seeing the Jarls not have any control over their cities.

What makes you think that Ulfric and company suspects the Dunmer of being Spies? What makes you think he would issue the order for arresting some Dunmer in the night just to torture them to see what they fess up? One of them has Legion Armor in their building, so maybe there is a reason to think so but Ulfric hasn't issued any arrests that we're aware about yet.

No, rather it was Galmar's brother who has no pull with the Jarl of Windhelm. Don't grasp for straws.

Actually there would be a good chance Ulfric would die, same with Tullius. Since both sides can't win. Titus Mede is probably assassinated, but that doesn't matter too much. Emperors come and go all the time, they rarely have a long reign.

That's most of what I said, good to see you're listening. But if Titus Mede dies (of course by assassination), his son would take the throne. Considering how long it has been since an Emperor has been assassination, I wonder when it will happen again. Perhaps a Thalmor agent, this time, right before the next war.

If Ulfric dies, whatever to the rest of the world, another Warlord down. If Tullius dies, whatever to the rest of the world, another soldier fell. If the Emperor dies as he did... then that's not just a murder, that's a sign. He died, on a boat, full of his precious PO guys. The Emperor is not safe and may never be safe for quite some time.

Ulfric became a Greybeard as a child, then went off to the Great War. Year after the war, Markarth Incident. Years after that, Jarl of Windhelm and he plots his rebellion. Doubt he'd actually know Ulfric before he changed that well.

Perhaps The Jarl is up in age, so its possible he met him after the great war and before Markarth and as a child. Ulfric is a Jarl's son, afterall. Considering both are port cities, I doubt they'd ignore each other for long. There is a whole world of possibilities, so whose to say?

Jarls are generally considered Kings outside of Skyrim. I wouldn't say they're glorified peasants, Skyrim is the second most important province within the Empire. Jarls would be akin to Cyrodiil Counts. Members of the Septim Dynasty were Jarls of Solitude at some point.

Alright. How many Emperors can you name? How many Jarls of Falkreath?

Skyrim may be the second most important (with Hammerfell being dead last), but the first takes priorities. A lot of folks don't like playing second fiddle, its about time the Nords of Skyrim got tired of it too.

If the Legion didn't step in, it would be the same it has been for years only worse. The Holds having skirmishes between each other. Ulfric killing Torygg however gave him the major support of the Holds around him. Legion stepped in when sides were taken.

Oh, so you're saying that some of the holds (excluding the holds bordering Windhelm) may not support Elisif? Sounds like an easy win for Ulfric, can't have that. Better move in and remind the other Jarls who think a third party is an option that the Empire is here and always watching.

If the Empire didn't join in Balgruuf may or may not have fought against Ulfric. He would have been a third party. Whose to say how that would of gone.

The Empire would have stepped in to restore order, it isn't simply a case of Imperial laws > Skyrim tradition, while that is also true however. The Legion stepped in to preserve the Empire, killing the vassal of the Emperor without some form of consequence would spark various Warlords to pop up.

Right, wouldn't want another Titus Mede to step up, would we?

So, this isn't a fight for Skyrim, this is a play to show the Empire is still here? The Imperials aren't trying to defend Skyrim, they're trying to defend their power. What a weak claim to the moral highground.

Skyrim could probably stand on their own, but how the Stormcloaks went about it was clearly the wrong way. If Ulfric had asked Torygg to go for independence and he rejected then civil war could be the only option.

The Empire is on the brink of war with the Aldmeri Dominion, for Skyrim to break away through rebellion cutting the Empire up, isolating Cyrodiil from their controlled area in High Rock would mean a big loss of Imperial control. Stormcloaks will then use their resources to try build these nine armies, and making Skyrim able to stand on it's own. Meanwhile, how many Nords in the Imperial Army would simply leave? Their home just left the Empire, and they have loved ones back there who may depend on their wages which they families won't be able to get anymore since the Empire was pushed out of Skyrim.

If this were thirty years ago, alright. But on the very brink of war with the Thalmor?

This war with the Aldmeri, its like the Dragons in Game of Thrones. Always promised it'll come but it sure is taking its time. If the Aldmeri REALLY wanted a war, why not just invade during the climax of the Skyrim Civil War? Or after the Emperor has been assassinated? They're not looking for a war, they already won and the Empire has accepted all their laws.

What would the Thalmor possibly want? Land? Even MORE power? No, I think they're good. Any second war sounds like a War of Imperial Aggression, which would seem to be an ongoing theme since their intervention in Skyrim.

You even said yourself, talking of the Nords in the Legion whose families live on their wages. If the Empire were truly so grand, the Nords wouldn't have to leave their families in poverty. The Empire wouldn't have to harvest the fighters of Skyrim for their wars.

If the Nords are so warlike, then why is it that it is only Cyrodiil who requires fighting? The Stormcloak ranks are filled with Former Legion, Ulfric and Galmar having both served. Why do you think some of the Empire's soldiers would defect sides? Why do they not stay? Is it because they are fooled? Because they are gullible? Perhaps this is why they joined the Legion in the first place, because they were filled with promises and assurance that it has to be done to save their homes when the real enemy was allowed in by the Empire many fought for.

Without the Empire, Thalmor wouldn't be in Skyrim. Skyrim shares no borders with the Aldmeri, only Cyrodiil does. The Nords have no reason to be afraid, yet the Empire claims they do. Now that the Nords fight, so too do the Imperials if only to back their lies.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords. Deal with it.

GeneralTullius

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Also, I hate to ask this, can someone, anyone, please like one of my posts? I can't reply to your conversations with Links until that is taken care of. Might giver stronger consideration to your side as well! ;)

How about I disagree with your post? Does it help? Let me know if it does.

Scorned are we? I didn't plant those trees, McBeth.

Next time ~ Don't ask fer pl*ps just post. All of us has been here for a while na, so we will give you credit where credit is due. Otherwise, you'll have one of these twisted cloakers like Raijin giving you pl*ps all the time.

Anyways, welcome to the thread man.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
How about I disagree with your post? Does it help? Let me know if it does.

Next time ~ Don't ask fer pl*ps just post. All of us has been here for a while na, so we will give you credit where credit is due. Otherwise, you'll have one of these twisted cloakers like Raijin giving you pl*ps all the time.

nexusae0_personal_trollface_hd.png

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

nexusae0_personal_trollface_hd.png

'Lord Harkon' here has just been de-fanged. Next one's going in the chest. ;)

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Lord Harkon' here has just been de-fanged. Next one's going in the chest. ;)
F%C3%BCrst_Harkon.jpg

"We both know that a band of fools with crossbows is no match for a scion of the ancient blood." - Lord Harkon

Dude. I'm seriously. From now on this is what it is playa...

For every stupid thing... that you post... I'm going around the table and liking every pro-Imperial and Ozzan. Because he's Ozzan.

J

Jeremius

And Ulfric's capture was a fluke. He probably didn't expect Tullius to actually know what he was doing, and ambushes are a pain to deal with anyways because you don't see them coming. Thats why its an ambush. They're also really easy to do, and even if you had crap guys you could still win a battle (for example, Spain's commonfolk fighting France's unstoppable military during the Peninsular War). Tullius didn't have just rabble with arms, he had soldiers. In Ulfric's position, I'd surrender too to try to save their lives. Turns out, the Empire doesn't know mercy well enough to care.
I just wanted to talk about this. The problem is that Ulfric knew he was at war with the Empire, he likely knew that the Empire would just kill all the rebels they capture. if he didn't, he is not smart enough to be the leader of the rebellion.

When in a war, and you capture the leader of the enemy force, would you just lock him up under severe/almost entire guard (as in all soldiers in Skyrim just guard Ulfric) until his death? Not likely, you would seek to end the war by executing the enemy leader

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
I just wanted to talk about this. The problem is that Ulfric knew he was at war with the Empire, he likely knew that the Empire would just kill all the rebels they capture. if he didn't, he is not smart enough to be the leader of the rebellion.

When in a war, and you capture the leader of the enemy force, would you just lock him up under severe/almost entire guard (as in all soldiers in Skyrim just guard Ulfric) until his death? Not likely, you would seek to end the war by executing the enemy leader

Something about this post. Something... something... Oh yeah. Torygg. Why couldn't Ulfric fight off the Empire? You know, himself.

That part about the High King not being able to defend himself. Well Ulfric couldn't defend himself, he allowed the Imperials to bind and gag him.

J

Jeremius

Something about this post. Something... something... Oh yeah. Torygg. Why couldn't Ulfric fight off the Empire? You know, himself.

That part about the High King not being able to defend himself. Well Ulfric couldn't defend himself, he allowed the Imperials to bind and gag him.

Hey, I am just saying, when it comes to war, rules of conduct and manners of law/trial and that garbage usually go out the window, especially when it comes to the leader of a rebellion.

Also, it is off-topic, but is anyone else getting annoyed by the way the quotes are handled now (as in, the some posts are quoted but you do not see anything)?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts