Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
I'm impressed that you Imperial supporters are still making up to excuses over the fact that a Dunmer, in Windhelm - Stormcloak headquarters has in his possession, in his tavern a piece of an Imperial Legion equipment (Military gear) and an Imperial flag dangling down on the second story.

By your logic if I get caught with marijuana inside of my pocket... I'll just tell the police officer that it isn't mine, and hope to not get arrested for drug possession.

gh.gif

to Cyrodill Imperial Legion/Empire lovers! Nobody is falling for your false logic here!

That was my point! thank you! Talos brother, I'm gonna need a new set of Ashfire Mead from Elmus after this arguement

Rimfaxe96

I'm impressed that you Imperial supporters are still making up to excuses over the fact that a Dunmer, in Windhelm - Stormcloak headquarters has in his possession, in his tavern a piece of an Imperial Legion equipment (Military gear) and an Imperial flag dangling down on the second story.

Nobody here denies that the Dunmer in Windhelm are pro-Empire. For obvious reasons as well, more than just that armor and flag.
But that doesn't mean he's actively on it. Nothing indicates he's a spy, or in service under the Legion.

The only thing even the dialogue of the inhabitants of the Grey Quarter gives away is that they desperately want to leave.

A little correction of your example:
You had a party at home, someone forgot his drugs. Years later it's still somewhere hidden and maybe someday you find it, after not giving a crap for ages.

J

Jeremius

Its purposefully placed in his home. You don't find that in every house around every hold in Skyrim. Sure, you can maybe find it in a pirate cave or something for obvious reasons. Also a flag is removable so unless

Still has no known meaning, and therefore could be junk he found there, or that spot could have been an imperial outpost. There is no evidence at all to suggest that that stuff belongs to him except your personal bias.

Um actually you can steal the Armor from him. Stealing something implies that it belongs to someone.

Gameplay mechanics, my friend. It is in i his house so they likely thought "hey, why not make this require stealing"

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Nobody here denies that the Dunmer in Windhelm are pro-Empire. For obvious reasons as well, more than just that armor and flag.
But that doesn't mean he's actively on it. Nothing indicates he's a spy, or in service under the Legion.

The only thing even the dialogue of the inhabitants of the Grey Quarter gives away is that they desperately want to leave.

You had a party at home, someone forgot his drugs. Years later it's still somewhere hidden and maybe someday you find it, after not giving a crap for ages.

The Imperial legion military gear is self evident enough to warrant suspicious activity. You don't go around buying military gear in Skyrim from blacksmiths without getting a clearance from the Imperial legion General. You don't go around buying Stormcloak gear either. You just don't get access to such gear without either being involved with such military organization, or you flat out killed a soldier, and strip their army gear from their recent deceased body.

J

Jeremius

The Imperial legion military gear is self evident enough to warrant suspicious activity. You don't go around buying military gear in Skyrim from blacksmiths without getting a clearance from the Imperial legion General. You don't go around buying Stormcloak gear either. You just don't get access to such gear without either being involved with such military organization, or you flat out killed a soldier, and strip their army gear from their recent deceased body.

Unless you have evidence that remotely hints at his being in the legion, all you have is biased suspicions based on the Dunmer not blindly helping the rebels. Armor and flag have no meaning on their own.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
@Vathonage

Well you see how they act Vathonage. I'm tired man. I've done everything I could for an Empire that cares nothing about me. And I won't help them again. Why... why... hehehe I'd almost rather help the Dominion than lift a sword for someone who bans my God and spits in my face over it. I'm sick of their pl*ps.

Then I go to leave and some 'child' (whom I have neither provoked or had any recent dealing with) posts a bunch of garbage. What a way to say thank you. No... no I won't be coming back and I did have a few friends on here as well. I'll make damn sure before I leave that they withdraw support as well.

I'm not saying I'm a Stormcloak, but dude, no one can blame you guys for fighting for your freedom. Of course... no Imperial, no true son of the Empire would treat a veteran with the courtesy I was just shown by Anouck and DrunkenMage.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
@Vathonage

Well you see how they act Vathonage. I'm tired man. I've done everything I could for an Empire that cares nothing about me. And I won't help them again. Why... why... hehehe I'd almost rather help the Dominion that lift a sword for someone who bans my God and spits in my face over it. I'm sick of their pl*ps.

Only one way to deal with the people like that.
Is misspelling my name a running gag at this point?

Its also hilarious to see you say this stuff. Which is more important, loyalty or reason?

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
@Vathonage

Well you see how they act Vathonage. I'm tired man. I've done everything I could for an Empire that cares nothing about me. And I won't help them again. Why... why... hehehe I'd almost rather help the Dominion that lift a sword for someone who bans my God and spits in my face over it. I'm sick of their pl*ps.

Only one way to deal with the people like that.​
Is misspelling my name a running gag at this point?

A little bit. I hope you don't mind.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
The armor and flag aren't exactly hidden away they're literally right out in the open on the second floor of his home. does it make him a spy? no. After reviewing the evidence its most likely he was a Great War Veteran and that those are his old "fatigues", if you will.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Still has no known meaning, and therefore could be junk he found there, or that spot could have been an imperial outpost. There is no evidence at all to suggest that that stuff belongs to him except your personal bias.

Um actually you can steal the Armor from him. Stealing something implies that it belongs to someone.

Gameplay mechanics, my friend. It is in i his house so they likely thought "hey, why not make this require stealing"
Not exactly. There are things you can take from peoples homes, regardless of if you have done a quest for them, without being considered a thief. If it really isn't his he wouldn't care. Either way, It doesn't matter. I'm no longer claiming that he's a current soldier. I apologized for this, actually. I'm saying the armor and flag are, undoubtedly, his. Either hes a collector of Imperial Memorabilia or hes a Great War veteran. either way it certainly points to wear his loyalties lie in this war.

Raijin

Unless you have evidence that remotely hints at his being in the legion, all you have is biased suspicions based on the Dunmer not blindly helping the rebels. Armor and flag have no meaning on their own.

Have you been taking skooma lately? If so you need to stop. I've already told you that theirs evidence there hinting that one of the Dunmers (The owner) could very well be an Imperial spy. What other reason might they have the Imperial gear tucked away in their tavern right in Stromcloak headquarters?

J

Jeremius

Have you been taking skooma lately? If so you need to stop. I've already told you that theirs evidence there hinting that one of the Dunmers (The owner) could very well be an Imperial spy. What other reason might they have the Imperial gear tucked away in their tavern right in Stromcloak headquarters?

Just having armor MEANS NOTHING. Just having a flag MEANS NOTHING. what part of that don't you understand. Maybe he found them, maybe as DrunkenMage said they are remnants of Imperial rule over Windhelm.

Bandits have places where Imperial armor is found as well, and that does not mean they are part of the legion. Armor and flag have no meaning, you are saying what you are saying simply because of bias against them because you love Ulfric and hate the Dunmer.

Raijin

Just having armor MEANS NOTHING. Just having a flag MEANS NOTHING. what part of that don't you understand. Maybe he found them, maybe as DrunkenMage said they are remnants of Imperial rule over Windhelm.

Skooma again? It means A LOT. What purpose does a Dunmer of Windhelm to have a full body armor (Not to mention a shield) of an Imperial solider? What reason do they have to dangle an Empire flag on their walls? I don't believe that their a remnants. Say if it was... wouldn't it be smart for them to remove it so they don't cause any troubles? After all they're inside of the city of Stormcloak Territory.

It's like keeping a Nazi office uniform inside of a Jewish temple, and having a nazi flag dangling down from the walls. It makes no logical sense.

J

Jeremius

Skooma again? It means A LOT. What purpose does a Dunmer of Windhelm to have a full body armor (Not to mention a shield) of an Imperial solider? What reason do they have to dangle an Empire flag on their walls? I don't believe that their a remnants. Say if it was... wouldn't it be smart for them to remove it so they don't cause any troubles? After all they're inside of the city of Stormcloak Territory.

It's like keeping a Nazi office uniform inside of a Jewish temple, and having a nazi flag dangling down from the walls. It makes no logical sense.

I will say in simple terms. Do you know, for a fact, that the armor and flag belong to him? Not really, other than it being in his house and you jumping to conclusions. Do you know where it actually came from? Not really. Until you can prove that evidence, none of what you say is actually correct. The armor means nothing because we do not have all the facts, just conclusion-jumping.

Also, they are tucked away from most people. The only reason we know it is there is because we wander around. It is likely that NO ONE knows about it anyways.

Rimfaxe96

And from what blacksmith in Windhelm did he buy that armour then? :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts