Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
oke you have you point but.... the nords gave more respect voor talos than the imperials most do....!!!
by the way the nord have no last of tho's domion elve's if the empire go back first they most attack cydrill
and the nords are much stronger than the imperials man vs man if you play the end of the quest you wil know what ULFRIC say (oke ulfric is mabye a little racist but i help the people there and the dark elf it's not a miricale they are mostly spies of the imperials...

The Nords fought against Talos, raised an army against him during the Battle of Sancre Tor. Which stands as a monument for the defeat of the Nordic invaders. They rose an army against him, after he had already proven his Thu'um in the Battle for the Reach. The Nords then turned on their own allies to join Talos, after he had defeated them.

The Imperials love and revere Talos, the man who was Tiber Septim, who is buried along with many of his bloodline within Cyrodiil.

The Nords are not stronger than the Imperial Army, which is made up of all races, they are also one of the most highly trained Military forces in Tamriel. Ulfric's entire boasting is about attacking the Aldmeri Dominion, which he can't do. Only the Empire can attack the Aldmeir Dominion, which is by geography. Cyrodiil is connected by two Aldmeri Dominion provinces, Skyrim is isolated and can't even mess with Cyrodiil. What Ulfric says, he can't afford a war with the Empire, funny how with all his boasting on how weak Imperials are, how weak the Empire is, they're afraid to upset Cyrodiil.

"We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's cousin is getting married! If royal blood was spilt, all of Cyrodiil would be up in arms. We can't afford an all out war with the Empire. So we'll bide our time for now." - Ulfric Stormcloak

url

Skyrim is isolated, unable to attack, now surrounded by provinces that hate them. Cyrodiil was Skyrim's only friend in the Empire. Now Ulfric has pissed them off. The now in control Stormcloaks unwilling to swallow their stubborn pride, will be their downfall. They only seek to alienate other races, unwilling to even trade with them. Nords thrive on trade, they excel at becoming Captain's in Merchant fleets. Now you have a xenophobic government that treats other races as lesser beings. Stormcloaks aren't Nords, they're nothing what a "True Nord" is, they like to say they are but they're not 'true' Nords. Half of Skyrim is against them, you're forcing Stormcloak control onto Nords, you're sacking Nord cities, overthrowing Nordic rulers, you kill more Nords than the Thalmor do.

The fighting for freedom is a lie, it's a war for the throne of Skyrim. Ulfric wants to become the High King, he wants songs and stories, which is something that also irritates Galmar. It doesn't matter how many die, hundreds or thousands as long as it makes for a good song about Ulfric Stormcloak.

Where is this fighting for freedom, when you take away the freedom of choice, the choice to stay out of the conflict.

Galmar: "If he's not with us, he's against us."
Ulfric: "He knows that. They all know that."

Join them or you're against them. Attacking a neutral city, well that makes sense when fighting for freedom.

The Dark Elves have been mistreated for awhile, not because they're spies. It's because they won't fight for the Stormcloaks, which is reasonable. Why should you fight for a group that mistreats you, ignores your pleas for assistance, the brother of their second in command wanders around their living area at the early hours of the morning shouting insults. They live in fear and poverty, unable to simply pack up and leave because they can't.

KingNLD

ok ok ok...... i have never realy read the dosier good enough hmmmm indeed it's not good i think
but the end of the quest he say we most prepare or self to fight the domion!!!!

but thnk by the way: that he his real mad on the empire than he gave the information to the thalmor
hmmmm it's so strange........

(((Galmar: "If he's not with us, he's against us."
Ulfric: "He knows that. They all know that."

Join them or you're against them. Attacking a neutral city, well that makes sense when fighting for freedom.)))
(that is bullplops the dragonborn goes to whiterun and take a axe whit him it comes that jarl balguruuf be joining the stromcloaks or not he said not then it's true that he is a enemy and myself i should attack to for they can there army's to getter right?

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Attacking a neutral city, well that makes sense when fighting for freedom.
It didn't work out so well for Germany in World War I. Sure, they weren't fighting for freedom, but attacking neutral forces nets you more enemies than friends.

KingNLD

read it good than take your imperials ass and go to cydrill traitors of skyrim!

empire is indeed weakend and what i say before man to man skyrim is strongest is there nature of warriors
litte people but brave man!!! (skyrim as many people as cydrill they were stronger and they are stronger now if you join for free skyrim! )

the video gives aswers on everything!

and if my country fails to another country they be sure to get my head on a axe
before i kill the new leader by myself!!!!

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
hmmm...all i can say is that are best pro-imperial speakers (Docta and drunkenmage come to mind) should put up a video to state why the Imperials are right, though there's so many reasons they probably have to make to :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
hmmm...all i can say is that are best pro-imperial speakers (Docta and drunkenmage come to mind) should put up a video to state why the Imperials are right, though there's so many reasons they probably have to make to :p
Ol' King Torygg dead in the afterlife as a young man seems kinda counterproductive to your cause. Maybe not to everyone, but different people percieve different things differently.

Edit: this is concerning your sig.

Flint firestorm

Ol' King Torygg dead in the afterlife as a young man seems kinda counterproductive to your cause. Maybe not to everyone, but different people percieve different things differently.
what are you talking about? He was young when he died, younger the Ulfric. i'm a little lost on what your trying to say :confused:

Staff member
what are you talking about? He was young when he died, younger the Ulfric. i'm a little lost on what your trying to say :confused:
When people post things like "High King Ulfric, True High King of Skyrim" they're pictures of him alive, healthy, and kicking. I'm trying to suggest that Elysif might be more appropriate than Torygg for such propaganda. Torygg's kinda dead, you see? He won't get much respect from the kind of people you are trying to convince to choose Legion over Stormcloak. Dead men can't really lead a country.

Flint firestorm

When people post things like "High King Ulfric, True High King of Skyrim" they're pictures of him alive, healthy, and kicking. I'm trying to suggest that Elysif might be more appropriate than Torygg for such propaganda. Torygg's kinda dead, you see? He won't get much respect from the kind of people you are trying to convince to choose Legion over Stormcloak. Dead men can't really lead a country.
the point i'm trying to get across is that Torygg, a man of honor, is the man that SHOULD have led skyrim. To me, Torygg is a martyr. He knew that if he didn't accept the duel it would start a civil war, so he did what he could to stop it. while Elysif hasn't done much more then get sympathy, Torygg gave his people something to avenge. Thats why i use him over Elysif.

Staff member
the point i'm trying to get across is that Torygg, a man of honor, is the man that SHOULD have led skyrim. To me, Torygg is a martyr. He knew that if he didn't accept the duel it would start a civil war, so he did what he could to stop it. while Elysif hasn't done much more then get sympathy, Torygg gave his people something to avenge. Thats why i use him over Elysif.
The thing about martyrs is that they're dead. No use following a dead man. Let a dead man rest. Follow someone whos still alive, and can still do some good. I understand what you're saying though.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
The thing about martyrs is that they're dead. No use following a dead man. Let a dead man rest. Follow someone whos still alive, and can still do some good. I understand what you're saying though.
Shor,Mannimarco & The Underking would disagree :D

And while I don't necessarily see Torygg as a Martyr I certainly believe he has more honor than Ulfric.

Staff member
Shor,Mannimarco & The Underking would disagree :D

And while I don't necessarily see Torygg as a Martyr I certainly believe he has more honor than Ulfric.
What inspired your username? I recognize that name from somewhere.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Skyrim can't sustain itself without it's allies. It's never truly had to stand on it's own two feet, they've had Cyrodiil as allies since Ysgramor's 500 came to Skyrim and aided the Imperials against the Elves. They were a part of the Second Empire, they were a part of the Third Empire, they endorsed Titus Mede as Emperor, they backed the Mede dynasty.

Skyrim is isolated, protected from the Aldmeri Dominion by the Empire. The Imperial army is deployed along the Aldmeri border preparing for war, breaking apart the Empire is hardly what is best for Skyrim. Skyrim will be useless in the next Great War if they're independent, without Imperial assistance, you're looking at rebuilding Skyrim for many generations, Ulfric's lifetime will be spent never leaving Skyrim. The Stormcloaks will never go to war until it is too late. Cyrodiil alone can't fight the united provinces of the Aldmeri Dominion, High Rock is now cut off from the Empire if Skyrim leaves.

The strategy of the Thalmor since they gained power has been divide and conquer. If you think splitting apart the united provinces of the Empire is somehow not being Thalmor puppets, you're mistaken. The Thalmor seek the destruction of the Empire of Tamriel, the only force in history that was ever able to defeat them the last time.

If the Stormcloaks can barely stand against lowly trained locally recruited Auxiliary soldiers, who are getting barely any resources and man power from the Empire, while the Stormcloaks are gaining men every day, they are already bankrupting their capital. They're hardly a threat against the highly trained forces of the Aldmeri Dominion, who have many resources to spare. Ulfric can't even maintain his own city, let alone the entire province. How long until Skyrim itself is bankrupt under his management, he's only been fighting a tiny Civil War for a little bit and already his Hold is suffering. How does he plan to stand against a proper war. I mean that is if he doesn't get captured because the man has a thing for getting captured. Once by the Thalmor, twice by the Imperials.

KingNLD

pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Cris Formage 4 dagen geleden
The Empire. If the Stormcloaks win, the Empire is only weakened and left without the resources and manpower of Skyrim, so when the next war with the Thalmor eventually comes, they'll be in a much worse position to resist them.

(a reaction on youtube i it have 3 likes the most i seen xd but! it's true!) ---> the video:

indeed now people agreed to me! but skyrim wil be helping wipe out the elves so there will be a Alliance after al!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Cris Formage 4 dagen geleden
The Empire. If the Stormcloaks win, the Empire is only weakened and left without the resources and manpower of Skyrim, so when the next war with the Thalmor eventually comes, they'll be in a much worse position to resist them.

(a reaction on youtube i it have 2 likes the most i seen xd but! it's true!) ---> the video:

indeed now people agreed to me! but skyrim wil be helping wipe out the elves so there will be a Alliance after al!

There will never be an alliance between the Stormcloak controlled Skyrim and the Empire. That went out the window the moment Ulfric killed the High King of Skyrim. There was peaceful ways to leave the Empire, ways that didn't involve violence, didn't involve wasting resources. Skyrim would of been free of Imperial rule and still have been able to trade peacefully, worship Talos peacefully. But no, Ulfric wanted the throne of Skyrim.

"We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's visiting! The goddamned Emperor! And, as much as I'd like to kill the man myself, we can't risk an all out war with the Empire. We'll bide our time for now..." - Ulfric Stormcloak

That is hardly the words one would say if they were to ever make an alliance. The Stormcloaks are ruled primarily by hate. Hate clouds that judgement, Ulfric will never make an alliance with the Empire, he could barely make a cease fire with Tullius when the World was ending. He has had a deep hate for the Imperials ever since his father died.

KingNLD

lies and lies your opinion! not the Empire anymore but Cydrill wil need the Help of Skyrim there be comming on a Alliance
between them ore a NAP Not Attack Pact but when cydrill need help!!!!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
How is any of that Lies?
It's based on solid evidence of character dialogue.
Unlike nearly everything you've said, which just wild supposition,assumptions and misinformation.

Ulfric would never ally himself with the Empire, nor would the Empire accept such an ailliance.
The Dominion will not Steamroll the Empire. They can however own Skyrim with little to no difficulty.
Most important of all, there's very little chance of the Stormcloaks winning the Civil War.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts