• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
This place is an absolute bitch to pass and what throws you off is it doesn't look that hard, their aren't that many bandits in there but the one's that are in there are absolute beasts! The one's that ALWAYS seem to get me are those two 2 handed warriors in the second tower, mother of fuk these guys are high leveled!!! one wields a great sword, the other a war hammer, both can 1 shot you, take as much abuse as a freakin dragon! and its a narrow hallway so sneaking is out.. The archer further up the hall doesn't even bother joining in unless you run up there so its like the game knows how hard these two assholes are.
how do you guys go about handling this place, any tips on how to clear it in less than 10 deaths? I'm on master btw..

TJ0331

Nords forever
Shields are good for narrow hallways as well as fus ro da.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
these guys are so strong that blocking is almost useless, all it really does is prevent them from 1 shotting you but you still end up dying when they gang up on you cause once they both start swinging if you attack you're dead and if you lay on the block button you'll eventually die.. did i mention i HATE this place?
:mad:

TJ0331

Nords forever
Hmm what level are you? Also what build are you?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Hmm what level are you? Also what build are you?
lol high as plops.. level 72! no bs, its my main character, i been on him a LONG time but just now stumbled upon the mistwatch quest where you try to find the guys wife, the character isn't anything specific, its more of an all around type build i started last year, on this character i can use mage or warrior strategies, i've heard that your enemies level up as you do so perhaps that has something to do with why this area was so hard to clear, considering the character is so high leveled..

TJ0331

Nords forever
Well I am a warrior with nordic weapons no enchants and I use nordic carved armor. I can defeat draugr deathlords on master with ease but I am only level 41. I have max armor cap and my axe does only 75 damage.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Well I am a warrior with nordic weapons no enchants and I use nordic carved armor. I can defeat draugr deathlords on master with ease but I am only level 41. I have max armor cap and my axe does only 75 damage.
indeed, any tips for mistwatch? o_0

TJ0331

Nords forever
indeed, any tips for mistwatch? o_0

Actually I'm going to go there right now and try to clear it. Then I can give you feedback how I did so.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

TJ0331

Nords forever
Well I cleared it but had to use a lot of healing potions. My shield helped me but I would say just stock up on potions especially healing ones and paralysis ones.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I avoid that place like the plague, and hate it when a quest leads me there. I sneak up the mountain and snipe as much as I can with my bow. Then pick off the leftovers. But yes, it is a pain in the a**. I try to use ranged attacks as much as I can.

Annageckos

I hate that place, I lost Erik there... :sadface: I died many times, many many times. Finally everyone lay dead and I had a sliver of health left. Ice form is a great shout to use. And I try to take out as many people as I can with a bow first. You can summons some help too. And poisons, lots of poisons and health potions. Paralyze potions are what I use for groups.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I lost lydia trying to get the azidahl armor set. The worst part was carrying back all of the loot I had her carrying because I was overencumbered.

Chadonraz

I love using Storm Call there. :D

It's been a long time since I last visited Mistwatch, but I don't recall having terrible problems. I probably haven't done it on a difficulty other than Novice...
For me it's Treva's Watch that is the stuff of nightmares. That place is full of Chiefs and Marauders with advanced shock spells or two-handers, even on a low level. -.-

Patches

On my Werewolf I had to go to Trava's watch to clear out some Silver Hand. And gods, I died at least 16 times. It's full of traps and the silver hand guys weren't so bad, but man. Fear-howling like crazy.

Chadonraz

On my Werewolf I had to go to Trava's watch to clear out some Silver Hand. And gods, I died at least 16 times. It's full of traps and the silver hand guys weren't so bad, but man. Fear-howling like crazy.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I always get sent there to kill a SH leader or on a Retrieval. Whenever Aela mentions The Rift, I'm like :eek:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I hate Gallows Rock, the Silverhand hideout where you come up against Krev the Skinner. I had to go there a second time to do a misc "Kill the bandit leader" quest and after my horse died I went on a rampage inside and ol Krev had respawned! into a woman no less..Luckily, respawned Krev was a push over. She didn't know what hit her. My horse was suitably avenged. :cowboy:

sword244

If you have Dawnguard use Serena (she cant "die") and use Marked for Death on them makes them extremely easy (even easier if you have all the DLCs)

EDIT:
This was a response to OP sorry for any confusion >_<

Dawn

I imagine the spawns inside are somewhat random, and I got lucky with mostly 1H users and archers wandering around solo instead of clustered in pairs 2H wielders.

As it was, my Level 54 sneak dual wielding archer found very few bandits, few in groups, and most died in a sneak attack or sneak shot + a couple of follow-up hits.

In total, I don't think I had to engage more than 10-12 enemies in the whole place from the courtyard through all the sections all the way to the top of the towers.

The leader took a sneak shot, several follow-up shots, plus some melee, but wasn't overly threatening 1v1 (leader was a 1H / shield user in Nordic Carved armor).

I don't recall running into any 2H users now that I think about it, but those have always been my bane.

If a bandit is going to give me trouble, it will be a 2H wielder.

They seem to brush off damage while being able to damn near one hit kill you in melee.

The only advice I have is to have patience and watch the enemies as many in this place seem to roam around, and I found it possible to catch a lot of them solo in places where I held the advantage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts