• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
how do you guys go about handling this place, any tips on how to clear it in less than 10 deaths? I'm on master btw..

1. Go into game settings.
2. Switch game difficulty to Novice.
3. Kill bad guys with extreme prejudice.
4. Switch game difficulty back to Master and skip away whistling some happy, random tune.

On a more serious note, the idea mentioned by someone else of bringing an unkillable companion as a distraction sounds good. Rather than Serana, I was thinking of Barbas the mangy mutt, instead. He is annoying because he gets in the way a lot, but he kicks some serious NPC ass when needed.
Is the skipping away whistling a happy tune required? My Orc never learned to whistle. Would be okay if he just did the same while bellowing Ragnar the Red?

You can skip while singing, if you prefer. But, YOU MUST SKIP after slaying all the enemies, that is a requirement. (off to find a skip mod now)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
If you have Dawnguard use Serena (she cant "die") and use Marked for Death on them makes them extremely easy (even easier if you have all the DLCs)

EDIT:
This was a response to OP sorry for any confusion >_<

Agreed. Last time I had to go to Mistwatch, I had Serana with me and she charged off into the towers. I basically just waited for her outside until she was done. Then casually strolled across the bridge to rescue the kidnap victim. Never even saw the Vampire in charge.
You're thinking about another area, either that or i posted the wrong location by accident.. the area i'm talking about has a quest inside where this guy gives you a key to the door and has you trying to find his wife, whom you learn at the end has joined bandits and you have to kill.. its harder than a T-rexes pl*** too. ;)

OOO! I know the place you mean. GAH! That dude is so annoying and rude.."Find your own bloody wife!"....
Anyway I found her and she asked me to lie for her, so I told her Husband she was dead.. Then when I went back to tell her he left I decided to kill her anyway. Well she was a Bandit chief and they killed innocent civilians! She deserved to die.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
1. Go into game settings.
2. Switch game difficulty to Novice.
3. Kill bad guys with extreme prejudice.
4. Switch game difficulty back to Master and skip away whistling some happy, random tune.

On a more serious note, the idea mentioned by someone else of bringing an unkillable companion as a distraction sounds good. Rather than Serana, I was thinking of Barbas the mangy mutt, instead. He is annoying because he gets in the way a lot, but he kicks some serious NPC ass when needed.
Is the skipping away whistling a happy tune required? My Orc never learned to whistle. Would be okay if he just did the same while bellowing Ragnar the Red?

You can skip while singing, if you prefer. But, YOU MUST SKIP after slaying all the enemies, that is a requirement. (off to find a skip mod now)
I'm picturing my giant orc beserker skipping away and picking flowers... tralalalalala! :)

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

I'm picturing my giant orc beserker skipping away and picking flowers... tralalalalala! :)

Luckily you have an excuse to pick flowers in this game (alchemy), or it might be embarrassing, especially for an evil character. :oops:

But seriously, who's dumb enough to laugh at a skipping Orc who's probably wielding a weapon the size of their body?

Anyway (getting back on topic), I haven't actually done the quest Mr. HappyFace is talking about, and when I do finally tackle it, it'll probably be on Expert. Not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge into Master territory yet, judging by the reviews on how difficult some battles can be.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Luckily you have an excuse to pick flowers in this game (alchemy), or it might be embarrassing, especially for an evil character. :oops:

But seriously, who's dumb enough to laugh at a skipping Orc who's probably wielding a weapon the size of their body?

Anyway (getting back on topic), I haven't actually done the quest Mr. HappyFace is talking about, and when I do finally tackle it, it'll probably be on Expert. Not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge into Master territory yet, judging by the reviews on how difficult some battles can be.

Yeah. Master hurts like a SOB. Nord ruins where you are up against a squad of Deathlords all at once is very interesting indeed. :eek:

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

Yeah. Master hurts like a SOB. Nord ruins where you are up against a squad of Deathlords all at once is very interesting indeed. :eek:

The only character of mine that doesn't have too difficult of a time with Deathlords is my Lightning Conjuration mage. The Unrelenting Force shout is annoying, but Disarm does nothing since she carries no weapons. But yea, Deathlords are some of the toughest enemies in the game; can't imagine fighting them on Master.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Agreed. Last time I had to go to Mistwatch, I had Serana with me and she charged off into the towers. I basically just waited for her outside until she was done. Then casually strolled across the bridge to rescue the kidnap victim. Never even saw the Vampire in charge.
You're thinking about another area, either that or i posted the wrong location by accident.. the area i'm talking about has a quest inside where this guy gives you a key to the door and has you trying to find his wife, whom you learn at the end has joined bandits and you have to kill.. its harder than a T-rexes pl*** too. ;)

OOO! I know the place you mean. GAH! That dude is so annoying and rude.."Find your own bloody wife!"....
Anyway I found her and she asked me to lie for her, so I told her Husband she was dead.. Then when I went back to tell her he left I decided to kill her anyway. Well she was a Bandit chief and they killed innocent civilians! She deserved to die.
exactly.. not only that, there was also evidence of them torturing an innocent woman to death with a note containing clues to the incident so it really makes you wonder why they even gave an option for letting her live..

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

exactly.. not only that, there was also evidence of them torturing an innocent woman to death with a note containing clues to the incident so it really makes you wonder why they even gave an option for letting her live..

I know right? the whole lot of them deserved to die. I got mad when I found that poor dead woman.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

I know right? the whole lot of them deserved to die. I got mad when I found that poor dead woman.
same here, thats the only reason i didn't abandon the quest after dying a dozen times, i wasn't leaving till they were taken out.

Daelon DuLac

How do y'all know she was innocent? Her note could have been a bunch of BS. I realize the comments from the bandits are unpleasant, but, really, we have no backstory. She could have been a real b***ch on wheels.

Daelon DuLac

When in doubt, take'm out
Hey - I take 'em out even when not in doubt. Example: If your a Vigilant of Stendarr, a Thalmor or a mage of any kind and you're out on the roads, you are going to die, period. I'll pay the bounty if I have to, but, since all of you are dead, there usually isn't one. :)

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Hey - I take 'em out even when not in doubt. Example: If your a Vigilant of Stendarr, a Thalmor or a mage of any kind and you're out on the roads, you are going to die, period. I'll pay the bounty if I have to, but, since all of you are dead, there usually isn't one. :)

Also, the way the "Frightened Woman Who Escaped From Mistwatch", "Frightened Person Who Got Bit By A Vampire", "Fugitive Who Wants You to Hold the Stolen Item" and "Courier Who Has Some Dumb Message for You" all tend to come RUSHING UP TO ME AT HIGH SPEED out in the wilderness gets them shot instantly, everytime.

Look hapless NPCs: everything in Skyrim wants to kill and/or devour me, so I'm sorry, but I shoot first, ask questions later.

Daelon DuLac

Also, the way the "Frightened Woman Who Escaped From Mistwatch", "Frightened Person Who Got Bit By A Vampire", "Fugitive Who Wants You to Hold the Stolen Item" and "Courier Who Has Some Dumb Message for You" all tend to come RUSHING UP TO ME AT HIGH SPEED out in the wilderness gets them shot instantly, everytime.

Look hapless NPCs: everything in Skyrim wants to kill and/or devour me, so I'm sorry, but I shoot first, ask questions later.
I always wondered about that. Just how do the couriers find you? Whomever is sending the message must really give a very specific description - either that or I'm wearing a team jersey that I didn't know I had with my name emblazoned on it!

The woman is a bit silly actually. Inevitably, she rushes up in full sight of some city or town. What is she, blind?

Never ran in to the "bitten by a vampire person", although, recently I've been running in to the Perlyte folks alot.

I usually just kill the fugitive and give the item back to whomever he stole it from that comes looking for him. I don't want the piece of crap anyway and I don't believe in stealing, just looting the bodies of the dead (whether I killed them or not!).