• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brina

Theres some program called IP hider or Hide my IP that can let you get access to the nexus, but the free version purposely makes the browsing out-of-this-world slow unless you pay them a good 30 bucks. :-/

Posted with Tapatalk

Omega Dragon

Theres some program called IP hider or Hide my IP that can let you get access to the nexus, but the free version purposely makes the browsing out-of-this-world slow unless you pay them a good 30 bucks. :-/

Posted with Tapatalk

Yeah, it's easier to just switch IP addresses once you've been IP banned unless your ISP is completely into static IP addresses.

Killerjax

Some sad stories here, seems that of all the forums i have been to, the Nexus has the most ridiculous Mods. Been kicked out of the chat twice for posting a youtube video because i had an argument (disagreement) with one of the moderators.

Then i got IP banned out of "Suspicion" for piracy. The interwebz has become a Nazi domain :sadface:

Omega Dragon

Some sad stories here, seems that of all the forums i have been to, the Nexus has the most ridiculous Mods. Been kicked out of the chat twice for posting a youtube video because i had an argument (disagreement) with one of the moderators.

Then i got IP banned out of "Suspicion" for piracy. The interwebz has become a Nazi domain :sadface:

Nah, thankfully the interweb is itself still free from authoritarian control. ^.~

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
This is probably the friendliest forum I have ever joined. I am staying here.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
haha yeah they are. the mod was where you kill nazi guards...and there was all kinds of people commenting that it was offensive...theres a mod out where you can kill kids...u know...children...cut heads off and pl***....but god forbid you kill a few nazi guards. i even requested an unban.and they completely ignored it. i love how the internet is the only place in the world that is pretty much literally free and without rule...yet im banned from a MODDNG website for posting a mod. btw...im not gonna admit to being a noob or anything. but wtf does trolling even mean? i looked it up...and all i got was people saying it meant telling people they were being stupid for arguing of over little pl*** in a forum. anyone else care to explain. cuz the plopss like greek to me.
It is like trying to be as annoying as you can for personal satisfaction or pleasure. It is VERY fun. Here is how to do it. You just have to be annoying, I wish there was a smaller font size so I could troll better!

Jared eastwood

I just got banned too i have no idea why i never got an email never made any offensive comments and i only had one post on the forum when nexus beta wouldnt work and now im ip banned i sent them a message to please unban my account hope it will happen to me a fair amount of the people who run nexus abuse there power its just as bad as the xbox enforcement team

Unit7

Wow Nexus sounds like a horrible site.

It's a good thing for whatever reason I have problems loading that site. No matter which browser I use it's a constant fight just to get anything to load properly. At least in the mod section. But it was enough for me to make my visits short. lol

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
i am ip banned from nexus is there anyway i can fix this i got banned for saying "i like Lydia's boobs" xD lol there so retarded with there rules

Really? With all their nude and body mods? I thought them nice but that's rather hypocritical.

PoisonPen

I left the Nexus before I was banned, but it wouldn't have been long. "Buddah" [sic] decided that criticism of Bethesda was not acceptable, closed the thread where it occurred, and generally acted like an authoritarian prick. As you can probably tell from my avatar (yes, that's me at a recent May Day event), I don't take dick-waving oppression and censorship very well. (I also received an official warning for posting that Bethesda's EULA is probably worthless in court, since many jurisdictions have now ruled shrinkwrap and clickthrough licenses are invalid.)

I'm guessing the Nexus knows which side its bread is buttered, and the buttocks of the company from which they make their money taste just fine to them.

EMINEMTheFallenAngel

I AM NO NOOB >:|
lol Im back again im glad that im not the only one but it still sucks, the first too reasons I got banned were from saying damn on the chat and the second was for commenting on a mod "Fallout new vegas Willow Companion" and I said "Why is this mod under adult, Do you get to have sex with her?" and poof I was banned again the last time ware is said i like lydias boobs was just to piss them off but that really backfired. So Im having to download mods from planet fallout, modsrealoaded, steam workshop, and fileplanet,which is ok but they really don't have that much mods which makes me sad :sadface:. But I also hate how you have to have a nexus account for the nexus mod manger.But anyway thanks for everyone replying never thought i would get this many reply's :D

EMINEMTheFallenAngel

I AM NO NOOB >:|
I can give you the nexus mod manager from my computer, I downloaded it when I wasn't banned.
Pretty sure it's allowed because it doesn't cost anything :p
lol really? with everyone or me xD

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
What do you need the Nexus Mod Manager for? No really, I know what it's for but I've never needed it so I just wonder why some people can't seem to get by without it. I am not banned but I don't want to use their software. The older games like Oblivion have their own mod managers not made by Nexus and Skyrim doesn't really need it since one can adjust load order in the launcher. Maybe I just got used to doing it all manually, but I personally never liked the idea of mods auto-updating. Sometimes the new versions don't work as well as the old or I prefer the old over the new (case in point - black sacrament armor. I don't want that tower/building/store place that is in the new version. The old version I can craft at the forge is fine by me.)

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Websites are like a private business. They have the right to do anything they like, within the law of course. If you don't like a particular business, you quit going there. Simple. If enough people quit going to a store, for example, it goes out of business. If enough people quit going to that forum, it will die.

As to their Mod Manager, I don't see any need for it. I've run 30+ different mods using only the launcher and have had no problems. Some of those mods even claimed that they would only run with the NMM. Obviously a lie.

Now if these people did publish private information, your best option would be to consult a lawyer and/or contact steam.

If you don't want to support that site & no other mod site are around; join a solid torrent site that has Skyrim mods & request those that you want.
Be carefull & keep your ratio up.
I would love to reccomend demonoid as a torrent site to use, but has been down from ddos attacks for a few weeks. That was the most secured with cleanest torrents I have found. Or search for blog sites that have mods for download.

Sharky36

IP Banned from Nexus Mods

I actually found this forum doing a search for Nexus Mods Robin Scott

I was looking up information because it seems as if I can't get Robin Scott to answer a question through skype or e-mail.
I had just gotten into modding and took a break from trying to help a person with their mod's description page using bbcoding. When I came back to the computer I was IP banned. As of this date I still don't know why.
I put out 7 mods, one is currently hidden to members of Nexus mods because I was using its description page to help out that modder. I had only gotten into making characters for the game and my mods are at these addresses on nexus mods:
Rebecca Follower at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Alexandra Follower at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
BreeLynn Follower at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Arianna Follower at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Dometria Follower at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Jazmin Follower at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

I had only been doing modding for about 30 days and was trying to learn as much as possible. I'm actually retired US Airforce, currently back in college studying Computer Science and Engineering. I got to say what I'm most disappointed in with Nexus Mods is they don't give you any chance to avoid being banned. No words were uttered between me or the Nexus mods staff at all. I must have broke a rule, but like I said I have no idea why. I sent Robin an e-mail asking him to clarify the reason a couple days ago but have not received a reply.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts