• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

scaleblue

The Scale
I Did not read all the posts, except the biggest and very motivating post. I think the best way to fix this is to make lots of mods for either this site, or a new one and make them for that site exclusively, and say" this is for skyrim forums exclusive, and you are not allowed to post this on any other site. and if we make some BIG nice mods then we will attract more mods our way and maybe lots of more skyrim forums exclusive.

My biggest motivation is that, i posted this message and above me is one from yesterday, and above that is one from friday, its like a never ending pile of bans.
This was my 1st time on the chat portion of the site.
I came here 2 months ago, and saw all the Nexxus hate/victims and I agreeded that the mods were probably overpowered jerks. and i expected to get banned sooner or later, i even told my self that would not go on the chat portion, and i feared the chat button, today (before i got banned) I went over to the chat button and wondered why? what am i afraid of?(forgetting about the bad mods, and all of the banning entirely)
I dont mind the ban anymore it just lets me know that, Im with the true sons and daughters of skyrim, the skyrim forums, not the imperials dogs of the nexxus.

I was thinking weather i wanted to join the imperials in Skyrim, or the Stormcloaks (ive been playing for many many hours and i still have not done almost any of the main quest)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Rofl... that's pretty stupid of them, how do they know what a 'supposed' pirate is? Idiots.
It depends on what the help was. Giving links to patches for cracked versions of the game (because they can't be patched through Steam) is one example and it's not allowed here either. You wouldn't get banned for it here though (at least not the first time). The link would simply be removed and you would get a warning.

scaleblue

The Scale
well i didnt want to explain it all, but since you asked, i provided no link.
I entered the chat, i talked for a while about amd quad cores, and that im using overdrive and im still lagging and people responded to me many times and nobody ever said i was being bad.

tokyo is a 14ish year old, anime loving, power hungry, wishes he was an admin kinda person, I got this from
1 hour with him [I entered the room and went afk for like 1 hour then i talked a little for 1 hourish) and his photo he posted.

system : pika has entered the room
tokyosomething:"pika....your a pirate....we dont like pirates around here...."
pika: "how do i install a mod"
scaleblue: place the data folder here /programfiles/skyrim/data<--- beside here then click yes to merge
Thefourthhorse:"scaleblue, your a pirate"
[because i told the guy how to install, into the program files area and supposedly only hacked version are in that section]
scaleblue:im not a pirate, i moved my directory to the same spot.
thefourthhorse:surrrreeeee you did
random person:"suuuree u did
scaleblue:"suuurreeee you did, i bet scaleblue is a pirate, look at that pegleg"
pika:yar
tokyosomething: something about banning...and pirates and me being likely to get banned....
scaleblue:Well, you guys cant sea into my comp so if i get banned w/e
system:the vampire something has entered the room
random person: grabs popcorn
the vampire something: link1...link2..
system: you have been kicked from the something and something....

Now whether im a pirate has nothing to do with anything, they cant prove who is a pirate, and its none of their business.
They had no proof from what I know of that pika was a pirate, well untill the end where he kept saying stuff like "so what if im a pirate, stfu", and some pirate like phrases....
[I didnt include those sentences by pika because i dont remember what he said as well]

As the above person, the right course of action for when someone says something like
"this is f''''''king stupid" is to remove the comment and warn the person, not insta ban.

Omega Dragon

Dagmar, that's fair in a manner...

well i didnt want to explain it all, but since you asked, i provided no link.
I entered the chat, i talked for a while about amd quad cores, and that im using overdrive and im still lagging and people responded to me many times and nobody ever said i was being bad.

tokyo is a 14ish year old, anime loving, power hungry, wishes he was an admin kinda person, I got this from
1 hour with him [I entered the room and went afk for like 1 hour then i talked a little for 1 hourish) and his photo he posted.

system : pika has entered the room
tokyosomething:"pika....your a pirate....we dont like pirates around here...."
pika: "how do i install a mod"
scaleblue: place the data folder here /programfiles/skyrim/data<--- beside here then click yes to merge
Thefourthhorse:"scaleblue, your a pirate"
[because i told the guy how to install, into program files and-supposedly only hacked version are in that section]
scaleblue:im not a pirate, i moved my directory to the same spot.
thefourthhorse:surrrreeeee you did
random person:"suuuree u did
scaleblue:"suuurreeee you did, i bet scaleblue is a pirate, look at that pegleg"
pika:yar
tokyosomething: something about banning...and pirates and me being likely to get banned....
scaleblue:Well, you guys cant sea into my comp so if i get banned w/e
system:the vampire something has entered the room
random person: grabs popcorn
the vampire something: link1...link2..
system: you have been kicked from the something and something....

Now whether im a pirate has nothing to do with anything, they cant prove who is a pirate, and its none of their business.
They had no proof from what I know of that pika was a pirate, well untill the end where he kept saying stuff like "so what if im a pirate, stfu", and some pirate like phrases....
[I didnt include those sentences by pika because i dont remember what he said as well]

Ain't that funny, guilt by association.

Dagmar

well i didnt want to explain it all....
Yeah, that wasn't directed at you specifically. It was directed at the comment that implied that there's no way to infer that someone has a cracked version of the game or to determine that helping them is assisting someone with a cracked version of the game.
they cant prove who is a pirate, and its none of their business.
They don't have to prove who is a pirate and it is very much their business because, among other things, their site in particular is heavily scrutinized by Bethesda, and, like all sites, they have a certain amount of exposure to copyright infringement liability as the host site for anything that is posted on the site that might be considered copyright infringement or enabling copyright infringement.

scaleblue

The Scale
I ment its none of their business whether im a pirate, and it is not.
What is their business is that i post things inside their site that is of a pirate and such.
The only things i did wrong was not pm the person the help. besides that, i did nothing wrong and did not deserve an insta ban.

Dagmar

The only things i did wrong was not pm the person the help. besides that, i did nothing wrong and did not deserve an insta ban.
I don't see not PMing the person as wrong either. I honestly don't know why they would conclude that a person not knowing how to manually install a mod equates to them having a cracked version of the game. :confused:

Maybe "pika" said something else that you didn't catch that made them conclude he or she had a cracked version of the game but even so, telling pika how to manually install a mod is neutral to and irrelevant to that.
scaleblue, y'know why they banned me? The mod couldn't be bothered to understand the context of my post. I mentioned it earlier in this thread.
You pretty much screwed yourself when you made a second account to communicate with the moderator. It's an explicit violation of their prohibition against multiple accounts and they automatically ban anyone that does it. I'm not saying it's a good policy, but it's one clearly stated in their terms of service.

scaleblue

The Scale
They had no proof and banned me because i helped him, and they felt i was involved with him as a fellow pirate.
because he kept saying "so what if im a pirate" and i said some pirate phrases.... making me seem to be part of the imaginary crime being commited.
Plus i said pirate like phrases because, i thought it was funny, i did not think, at all, i was going to get banned.
I never posted any pirated material, i never encouraged pirate behaivor[well never encouraged stealing software type pirates, only the fun ones]
I claimed to NOT be a pirate.
They ip banned me, they gave no warning, and they had no proof of crimes being commited by me
WAM thats all, no more, dont say scaleblue did anything wrong because he did not.
and if you say "well, maybe they were right just a little bit", no they werent i never did anything wrong, do you sea something i did rong?? did you sea me say"GO TO SOME RANDOM HACKY PLACE.COM"
no and even then they would just remove the comment and give me a warning.
AnyNoobsWhoSayImRong:"well you said go to normal section of all computers........ that bad......"
"well you said.......nothing rong at all........but i feel your a illegal pirate.....so you should be banned......"
now nobody get offended by this post...or ill bann you...for having an opinion.

EDIT:
Yeah...i was little bit angry....

Omega Dragon

You pretty much screwed yourself when you made a second account to communicate with the moderator. It's an explicit violation of their prohibition against multiple accounts and they automatically ban anyone that does it. I'm not saying it's a good policy, but it's one clearly stated in their terms of service.

Oh I don't care that I was banned for that (after changing IP addresses, I've since created another account). Like I said in a response to someone else with a similar statement - I've been an admin and moderator plenty of times before, and for all intensive purposes there's ever hardly a forum that differs on its functional rules.

However, it is still fairly low since I was very open about creating myself a 2nd account just to defend myself. I explicitly PM'd the moderator that had originally banned me telling her I knew it was wrong just to tell her why she was wrong to begin with. It didn't help that their appeals process is clunky, though.

Oh and hey, they even banned me from their Facebook page yesterday when all I asked was why they have to link forum access and website access together to the point that banning someone on the forums bans them from ever downloading +2mb files or using NMM.

scaleblue

The Scale
Yep i cant do anything even on other accounts on the forums, and so no appealing. I think they just removed anyway to contact them because they didnt like dealing with it and never intended on dealing with it.
hahah they linked my place.com to a real site....
i have not clicked on it so...idk...whats there.....

also if you click on,where i said -----> the vampire something:link1...link2...
you can sea they banned me for "piracy" not for copyright infringment, not for enabling piracy.

wowhelp

If you're behind a router, you can change your MAC Address and get a new IP Address assigned to you. Depending on your router model, it should be pretty easy to locate and change. For more information regarding this, you could Google search "Change MAC Address with <Router Type; IE: Linksys>" and get step-by-step tutorial on howto.

Good luck

Brina

The admins at the nexus forums are like the Thalmor. And anything you do is considered talos worship and they'll ban you to oblivion for any of it.

But what they don't know is I just killed some thalmer, recently :cool:

But seriously. Two accounts = instaban

Omega Dragon

The admins at the nexus forums are like the Thalmor. And anything you do is considered talos worship and they'll ban you to oblivion for any of it.

But what they don't know is I just killed some thalmer, recently :cool:

But seriously. Two accounts = instaban

Well at least it's legal for us to kill the Thalmor. These guys? Notsomuch. :sadface: