• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheHaydz242

Do any of you just wonder round Skyrim hunting animals and Giants etc? I've got to level 21 in about 4 hours without doing any quest's..Oh and if you do, what weapons do you use?

>Dual Elven swords.
>Eleven bow.
>Ebony arrows.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I don't wander around hunting but all of my characters use Enchanting so they all hunt down wildlife to harvest Petty Souls for enchanting items as the travel from destination to destination (I generally don't fast travel). It also allows for a constant supply of pelts for making leather armor which helps level their Smithing a little and makes them some extra coin.

With the exception of my mage, they all use bows enchanted with Soul Trap or Fiery Soul Trap. My mage casts Fury on Deer and Elk to draw them in and then casts Soul Trap as they approach and kills them with Destruction magic.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I did with my hunter Harker (who I retired). I did not do one quest and was able to get my character to level 19. It was actually pretty fun.

Weapons used:
Hunting Bow
Iron Dagger

Clau

The Fateless One
Been hunting as of late with my Redguard character. Shooting while mounting a steed is just plain refreshing.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
All of my characters hunt, it allows me to get used to the character and level them a bit while I learn, as well as explore. They use whatever weapons I've decided that they will use for their adventures.

One of my favorite sandlotting builds, it's very simple, and hours of fun for the whole family. Archery, Light Armor, Sneak, and Smithing, what more do you need? I always use Forsworn Bows, and Improve their armor to level Smithy. it's Leather teir, so you don't need a perk, but more valuable for more XP, and free. Kill animals for leather, and clear out redoubts for armor to improve. They have the tanning racks, and occasionally workbenches to use so you don't have to haul it back to town. Also, their bows are Dwarven level damage, but use the Steel Smithing perk, so I just take Alvor's ingots to improve one as much as possible. Their arrows are crap, though, worse than iron. Just use them on weenies, and game, save the steelies, and Anchient Nord for tough targets until you need them for someone tough (like Hagraves, and briarhearts.) You're not going to run out of Reachmen, by the time you do, you should be up to Scale Armor. About then, i can usually scare up a Honed Fslmer bow.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Grab your bow take some iron arrows man all you need. though I usually dont kill elks but searching the wilds for stuff is close enought right lol I think archery skill is more important.

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
It's very satisfying to get a lead shot on a very fast moving animal.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
All of my character have had their time with a bow on the plains of Whiterun. I love pillaging sleeping tree camp for all the gold I make turning that quest in to Ysolda. I have recently been using the bound bow with the soul trapping perk to get all 'den soul gems from giants and wildlife alike.

TheHaydz242

All of my character have had their time with a bow on the plains of Whiterun. I love pillaging sleeping tree camp for all the gold I make turning that quest in to Ysolda. I have recently been using the bound bow with the soul trapping perk to get all 'den soul gems from giants and wildlife alike.

Do giants respawn? I've been going round killing all of them.

Ritterkreuz

After a few days or so, but they definitely re-spawn. I don't set out to intentionally hunt, but I've filled plenty of soul Gems with the souls of wolves, bears, sabre cats, and rabbits (I just love driving that statistic up)

TheHaydz242

I just find it amusing killing giants, they're so dumb. :')
They also generally drop a lot of Hides, and provide great archery practice for Hunter builds. Once I get a decent bow, I train up killing Giants, with Shoot&Scoot tactics. Sure they can 1 shot you, but you can run!

TheHaydz242

They also generally drop a lot of Hides, and provide great archery practice for Hunter builds. Once I get a decent bow, I train up killing Giants, with Shoot&Scoot tactics. Sure they can 1 shot you, but you can run!

It only takes two shots with an ebony bow. anything under takes 3. Well, for me anyways.

It only takes two shots with an ebony bow. anything under takes 3. Well, for me anyways.
True, but by the time you're up to that level, you don't need the XP. I usually Start killing them right after gearing up at Lost Valley/Serpent's Bluff Redoubts, below level 5. Trolls work real good too, because they don't have as many HP as Giants, but you gan let them regenerate, and then keep shooting them. There's 3 Frost Trolls in Labrynthian, and a lot of cover/obstacles, so you can kill one, shoot another, then let him regenerate while you shoot up the last. Keep juggling them likeat, and you can level Archery to 100 in 1 fight.

TheHaydz242

True, but by the time you're up to that level, you don't need the XP. I usually Start killing them right after gearing up at Lost Valley/Serpent's Bluff Redoubts, below level 5. Trolls work real good too, because they don't have as many HP as Giants, but you gan let them regenerate, and then keep shooting them. There's 3 Frost Trolls in Labrynthian, and a lot of cover/obstacles, so you can kill one, shoot another, then let him regenerate while you shoot up the last. Keep juggling them likeat, and you can level Archery to 100 in 1 fight.

Yep. My archery is at 95 now, Can't wait for it to be at 100. Then! then! I can start using my dual wield :D ebony blades.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts