How could a Dark Elf joining the Stormcloaks make logical sense?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I joined as a dark elf. I decided I'd rather join those who are racist toward me, than join those who tried to cut off my head. Makes sense doesn't it?

Jaeger

I just did, he did the "This is why I fight" speech, then sent a message to one of his camps. This couldn't have been censored for my ears, being a Nord, and all.

Maybe he's thinking of the strangers wearing familiar faces part...

Jarl's foreign stewards and advisors...

Ulfric doesn't kick out the Dark Elves and Argonians because they provide the labor in the city. If you care to look, there are very few elven or argonian shopkeepers. The Shatter shield clan, as you know, do not pay fairly for non-nord work. This makes the ruling nords happy, and keeps the "lower races" in line. If they screw up or try to leave, they wont have a money to escape or survive. They live paycheck to paycheck.

Unit7

I just did, he did the "This is why I fight" speech, then sent a message to one of his camps. This couldn't have been censored for my ears, being a Nord, and all.

OH well I just remember that he has a conversation with his steward about the elves or something. Well more like a comment. But maybe I was mistaken.

OH well I just remember that he has a conversation with his steward about the elves or something. Well more like a comment. But maybe I was mistaken.
Galmar said he'd be damned if he'd live to see a bunch of Elves (Alluding to the Thalmor) rule Skyrim. Otherwise, there's not a single mention of the Dunmer in the entire conversation, nor after. Currently heading out to Serpent Stone Island to see if I missed anything, but this is not the first time I've scoured the game for a single racist comment by Ulfric himself. So far, I have heard none.

Galmar says that thing about the Elves, and appears to be trying to get Ulfric to agree with him. That leads directly to the "Why I Fight" rant. He never mentions the Elves. This is despite the fact that he was tortured for days by an Elf. At the worst, he tolerates racism among the ranks. A lot of Nords are racist, he employs a lot of Nords. therefore, there are a lot of racists in the Stormcloaks. That does not make their leader a racist. If he died, and Galmar took over, I wouldn't be surprised if he "Cleaned out" the Gray Quarter, though...

Unit7

Alright I found the quote I was thinking about. It don't think it's an extension of the Ulfric Galmar conversation. I first tried to listen to the conversation in game but it wouldn't trigger. So I searched this Let's Play(where I first saw the convo)

Problem is that it wasn't nearly as racist as I remembered. But still. Also there are just his actions. When nord merchants or travelers get attacked by bandits Ulfric sends men. When a Dark Elf caravan is attacked he does nothing. Theres even a small quest relating to it.

Jorleif informs Ulfric that there continues to be more unrest in the Grey Quarters.

The conversation starts at about 39:27 or so.

So yeah. not nearly as racist and probably shouldn't count. I'm just glad I didn't make this conversation up. :p

Jaeger

Ulfric doesn't kick out the Dark Elves and Argonians because they provide the labor in the city. If you care to look, there are very few elven or argonian shopkeepers. The Shatter shield clan, as you know, do not pay fairly for non-nord work. This makes the ruling nords happy, and keeps the "lower races" in line. If they screw up or try to leave, they wont have a money to escape or survive. They live paycheck to paycheck.

Wasn't that the Dunmer woman manager? Read her journal. The shatter shields just wanted a profit and don't bother him. She probably had a bug up her but for the Arngonians attacking Morrowind...

I didn't have any money and I transversed the length and breathed of Skyrim many times. Just look in barrels. Weeeeeee, cabbage! We have EATS tonight!

Jaeger

Problem is that it wasn't nearly as racist as I remembered. But still. Also there are just his actions. When nord merchants or travelers get attacked by bandits Ulfric sends men. When a Dark Elf caravan is attacked he does nothing. Theres even a small quest relating to it.
p. :p

You wast my back, I'll wash yours.

The dunmer doesn't help the nords, therefore he won't help them.

Wasn't it the Great JFK that said, "Do not ask what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."

Right now, Ulfric sees them as parasites. And he tolerates them (because they aren't shooken apart). If these villages heads were to come to Windhelm and bow and all that kingy plops with a gaggle of dunmer to join the Stormcloaks, he may very well help with any troll or bandit problems in the future.I guess this is all unseen because of processing power but EVERY village I've seen has guards...

Jaeger

And in the video, the player commented, "why have I been hearing Ufric is evil? I don't want to choose."

The only evil I've seen is the empire with their torturing, giving away lands of their comrades, suppressing people's religion (which if you read the book, The Amulet of Kings, is detriment to the whole world).

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
You could be a Dunmer who wants to fight for his/her new home. My main motivations for joining the Stormcloaks are more anti-Thalmor than anti-Empire, but it's clear the empire supports the Thalmor in Skyrim. The Dunmer are not fans of the Thalmor, that's for sure.

You could create reasons for any race to join the Stormcloaks, even the Altmer. Perhaps he's a Thalmor agent gone Rogue, or an anti-Thalmor psijic monk type Altmer who wants them out.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
this is all so deep. but i'd have to say, you kind of have to take your own story where it wants to go. Put yourself into the dunmers shoes. You homeland for nearly 300 years has been demolished by a volcano. youre false gods are dead, and your daedric patron azura has cursed your people. Your life is (as Dunmer legend goes) a life a trials set by the most chaotic lords to strengthen you, the pillars of Sheogorath, Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon and Malacath are always testing you. After you land is once again overrun, now by the argonians... You find yourself in the land of cold weather and colder people, for the nords have battles your people throughout centuries.

but youre told youre dragonborn.

now its up to you, to choose... aid the people who scorned you, to fufill the tests of the Daedra,
to destroy the Empire that forgot your people
of grant a second wind to the Imperials to crush you long time rivals.

PICK A SIDE BRO!!!!!!

olepi

I thought about it, at level 11, and here is my reason: the Empire tried to kill me, for no reason. They weren't my friends to begin with, in Morrowind, but here ....they were to kill me on sight.

That made me mad, real mad. I escaped with the Stormcloaks (why stay with my Executioners?) and now it looks like the Empire is after them too. That's enough for me, I'm ready to take it to them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts