• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Does this form of RPing sound interesting?

• yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
    • no

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • maybe it depends on the storytelling

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Geel-Kajin

Rarga:(you cant control the actions of NPC )
    The Daedroth Snarls viciously, but as it is about to hit again, you feel yourself being pulled once again from this realm. You are sucked by the swirling vortex, further, further in. Then you are spat out by the raging current, into the realm of the dead.
    Sovngarde. Tranquil and eerie. The grass is still, too still. Moonlight, or at least what you think is moonlight, shines upon the reeds. You see the dead spirits walking down the path, to the hall of the worthy. A chilling breeze blows across, numbing you. It is as if Sovngarde will not accept your presence, for you are not the type which it is supposed to host.
    The road which the dead follow is well worn, but the grasses and life around it is untouched. You notice a girl, weeping at a corner, upon a moss covered boulder,looking into a stream Sorrow flows from her, as steadily as the water which runs by her feet. What/where will you go/do?
    Rale: The skeever was caught by surprise, and hurled straight towards the stone wall. With a sickening crunch on impact, it fell to the floor, dead. The second Skeever ducked around your feet, and snapped at you (health 100/100 to 90/100) From there, it rushed back into the cover of the fauna, away from your line of view.
    Then you hear faint hissing, clicking noises. Looking around, you realise the Skeever hardly fled from you. It fled from a huge insect, upon the wall. It's bulbous head looking right at you. The black chitin which covered it's body shimmered with a layer of grease and blood, and it's mandibles snipped in anticipation. Neither of you move, both waiting, anticipating the other to make the first strike. Will you?

Geel-Kajin

Derath: The skeletons leering faces are pressed hard into the earth as you hit them, and you hear the snapping of bones. The lead musician however, Grins and says in a wobbly voice "True music comes from the Rage of battle...." Before he too is struck down (there now they are gone)
    A quick search of their bodies reveal a set of, if slightly dirty, leather armour. They bore no weapons, for music was their tool of destruction.A mouldy piece of cheese is also scrounged up Where will you like to go next?

Derath_farseer

Derath quickly puts on the leather armor, It feels just right, for the moldy piece of cheese he pockets that away, Who knows it might be useful. For now he straightens his hat and walks forward looking for any sign of people, Humming a little tune, and every one and a wile calling out.

Geel-Kajin

Rarga:The girl looks up, her face sickly,pale
    "It's not fair!" she screams, and for a moment when you look into her eyes, you see the moment of her death
    ~ She lies upon the bed of the Hospital, her father by her side. They had said everything would be okay, and she knew she was lying to make her feel better. Her father clasped her arms, and he told her that he would always be with her. "I'l never leave you, " he says. the girl knows this can't be true, but breaks into tears all the same. She knew her time was up. The poison which coursed through her system had run it's round. Her life flashed before her, and she thought of all the things her father and her had done. She remembered sitting by the pool side with him, laughing and looking at their reflections. She remembered him caring for him when she was ill, and how she shared her troubles with him. Then she knew what she had to say. With her last breath she had tried to say "Father...Thank you,I lo-"~
    And then she was gone, brought to Sovngarde, death by poison.The pool reflects her face, but the face you see in the pool is that of a child corpse. Along with it, you see yourself, not as what you are now, but as a knight, armour clad, doom-ridden. The water ripples, and you see your normal reflection once again
    What will you say/do?
    Derath: A small group of khajiit travel the land, their eyes look weary. They see you long before you see them, and you go to greet them. "THe road makes this one weary... Have you come to trade goods or travel with the caravan?" The leader calls. The whole group of them look like hardened warriors, their caravan pulled along by two oxes. They say they are travelling to Helgen, to go get the bounty of a person. Apparently whoever has the alarmingly high price on their head was last seen traveling there,with an unknown man
    (And the plot thickens...)

Derath_farseer

Derath agrees to come with them, a smile comes to his what ever just happened is in the past for now hes happy to have a few normal people around but he cant help but hear the faint voice in his head.
    Who am I
    What am I
    Should they Live, Or should they die.
    He try's to keep his mind off his thoughts.
    "If it is not any trouble I'd like to travel with you, I fear I'm lost" His voice is calm and cool as if nothing in the world could trouble him,Because after all a group of trained Khajiits aren't an easy thing to kill and this bounty... Its a purpose a goal, the one they're hunting must of earned his bounty... He dies.

Geel-Kajin

Derath: The journey was safer with the caravan, the only danger so far being a single wolf, which was easily slayed by your new found friends. You dine upon The wolf carcass and feel better. Then you sleep, with your companions keeping guard.
    ~You arrive in a world, the realm of oblivion. The sights of the dying and the dead fill you, and the air reeks of rotten flesh. And then the light dims. An old lady approaches you, her hair gray and dull. She raises her skeletal finger, and points at you. "Let there be nightfall, and within the night let the creatures of the mind arrive. You were born of my bidding, and the world of terror is now open for you to mould to my liking. Let there be a way..." And then she brings you to the edge of her realm
    Looking down, you see many a people, asleep in the Realm of Nirn. Of all races and species, they doze upon their area of Tamriel. Then the old Hag grabs one, and plucks the person from her bed. The youthful girl scream as her eyes open. Looking back at the blotch of land she came from, you see her, tossing in her blankets.
    Her soul, in the hand of the old lady, was crushed, broken. You gaze all the way down, and you see her actual body, now dead. The old hag releases the crushed soul, and it turns to nothing but fine powder....~

You awaken with a gasp. The khajiit look worried, gazing at your sweat covered face. The doctor of the caravan immediately gives you the drink he thinks will cure you the most-skooma. Offering it to you, will you take it?

Derath_farseer

He slaps his hand away and shakes his head no, His pale eyes look at the doctor with an unnerving affect "I'm fine,Just a dream" He gets up up "I'll take the watch next" He says wile picking up a bow and a quiver of arrows and sits at the edge of camp his dream swimming through his mind

Rarga

Rarga looks at the girl once again and says, "People live, people die."
    Rarga then sat next to her, "At least you know why your here, i have no damn idea!"

Geel-Kajin

Rarga: The girl looks at you and says" thats right...I see no wounds upon you, no signs of death...tell you what, I shall bring you to the hall of valor, The people there will know what to do." With that, she gets off her rock and bring you along the path.
    Sovngarde was truly a huge place, one where the end could not be seen. Then you see something rise out of the ditance; the giant spine of a truly massive dragon. Before it, a man stood.
    "Hail friend, How did you come to Sovngarde? YOu are not one of the dead."
    The girl tells the man, Tsun, what happened. He nods his head and says " I pity you, young adventurer, but to gain access to the hall of valor requires me to test your strength as a warrior. Are you willing to take that challenge?" He asks,raising his axe.

Geel-Kajin

Alket and Derath, both your story become entwined now.
    Alket : As you Pull the whip,blood spews from your wounds, but the whip comes free. Suddenly, A burst of light comes from the sky, and it burns through the air,coursing. Thunder rumbles, and the crystal breaks into a thousand glimmering pieces.
    You hear Crow shouting " The prophecies have come true! The host of Boethiah was the lever, and his enemy was the one who starts it! He who pulls the weapon, shall bear the burdens of the time to come. Oh, Great boethiah, I have not failed you! I guided your enemy's host to the weapon of the beginning, and he has started the end!"
    You notice all the bandits have stopped attacking, and now stand beside Crow. He laughs and casts his eyes to the sky, where thunder crackles. You realize You have been tricked, this was all a mere set-up for you to pull the weapon.

Derath: When you reach Helgen, you sense the great atmosphere rippling through the place. And then, contrasting with the burning sky, the man in black stood, laughing. The khajiit leader cried "He is the one, with the bounty!" But you see no way of getting to him, for he was surrounded by bandits.
    As you drew closer, lightning crashes around the caravan, from the skies above. This was more than just freak weather.
    You and you companions barely have time to get off the caravan when the lightning struck, razing the caravan to mere smoldering chunks. You seek refuge in a stone overhang.
    Alket AND derath : Both of you look into the distance, and see a sway in the air, which expanded itself into a great maw of fire. An oblivion gate, both of you realize. From it lurch creatures of all walks of life ; The scamps of Cyrodil, the Golden saints of morrowind. Looking deep into it's depths, you see the eyes of a huge Daedra, staring back. Mehrunes Dagon. But then he vanishes into the fires of the gate, and the light around it closes, both of you sure it was to appear somewhere else. Now you are faced with the most challenging prospect of all,deal with Crow and the bandits, and fight off the Daedra. Choose your line of action carefully

ALL players: Thunder rumbles ominously around you, and you watch the skies themselves turn red. It rages like a angry storm. All around the world, The daedra howled with joy. Their time had come, after centuries of waiting, it had begun. The daedric war.
    The gates to Oblivion opened, and from them sprang beasts of unimaginable fury. They were free of their realms, and Tamriel would be their new play toy.
    You hear the screams of mortals, as their building catch fire, their puny live vanquished. The time for fear was here, for the monstrosities had arrived.
    Let the game begin.

Rarga

Rarga felt shivers corse through his spine as he watched the skies, he looked towards the woman and man, waiting for their reactions.

Geel-Kajin

Rarga: You are about to enter battle, when suddenly you feel that burst, that change in energy. And from behind Tsun, a gate of Oblivion opens, this one as big as a mountain. And from it, A Daedric prince comes ,one you feel attuned to.
    "My creation,the war has begun, what keeps you tied to the Greymarch? I am free to walk the realm, and so should you"
    "FUS DO RAH" shouts Tsun, but to no avail, the giant daedric warrior ignores him and touches your forehead,his one finger enough to block your vison.
    You feel yourself, your body sucked back to the whirlwind. The screaming face of the girl and of Tsun's wounded body are the last things you remember of Sovngarde. Then, you are on Tamriel.
    (you arrive beside Beran and his fight with his cactus....errr..i mean, Spriggan)

Geel-Kajin

(if any of you are having a mental breakdown atm, feel free to go to the OOC and explode :p )

Rextoret

top kek
    Alket swings the whip, tying it's spikes into crow's neck. "You decietful liar!"Alket yells before yanking the whip toward himself.

Derath_farseer

He mutters a silent prayer to who ever may be listening then double checks his bow string
    "Friend, Our journey has been short but I'm honored to fight with you this day and if we die" Thunder "Lets bring as many of these bastards down with us!!" He yells a war cry then pops up from cover hoping his friends do the same he launchs arrows at any who try to come towards them demon and bandit alike, Derath feels strangely at peace, Drawing and firing his bow it felt as natural as breathing, He watches as an arrow luckily pierces a bandits skull he cant help but smile to him self, But at the same time a bolt of fire flys past his head almost killing him, He looks over at his companions after ducking for cover to see how they are fairing

Geel-Kajin

Derath (whoah whoah, watch it with the NPC control)
    You need to rewrite that in a non NPC controlling way,sorry :p